It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there really is a God or some supreme being or superior Alien Civilization....Where are they?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I love your doubting Thomas approach. Proof is required on a personal level. But if I was a spirit and I found a soul that insisted there was no spirit then I would leave that person alone. They aren't worth the time. Like you said there are billions of people and so many are "open". Why bother with someone whose only belief is in themselves...

...difficulties, and challenges eventually had to be resolved by ME. My own life experiences, teachings, learnings and just pure reason and logic and some degree of unresolved hope. No, it was not GOD helping me...I did it,

Further, and this is a bit different than my other "nice" approaches...

If this is a test bed for souls to prove out their loyalty and dedication, I would say that not proving the spirit to all is a sure way to find out who is worthy. I would select those that helped others regardless of their "beliefs". I would further those that didn't make demands to see "proof". Those are my cadre. I can trust them.

And sorry, I'm tired of the argument, WE are doing it to ourselves, GOD gave us free will either to Love or do the demonic things like killing 1st and 2nd graders, or people trying to enjoy a movie, etc. the horror is just unbelievable.......It Makes No Sense...It is beyond FAITH...,How could the loving God that the billions profess they believe in, go and do these terrible things????

He didn't. People did. Look back at your "I did it" statement above?

And if there is an advanced civilization....c'mon....enough is enough......Again, based upon what I have listed about the things that are so horrible, IF God or some advanced civilization exists WHERE ARE THEY???? For sure they are no where to be found.....IMHO!!

You are they, my fellow human. You are the difference. Instead of complaining, maybe you should help. But I sense a block. Something personal that is preventing you from having hope. Maybe you would like to share whatever the problem is in your personal life, some abuse, some injustice? Focusing on that problem is often more helpful than ranting at the worlds problems. You can U2U me if you want...

You didn't cause the troubles wrought by some here and you are not responsible for them either. The only thing you can do is be that change from the darkness you want to see. It begins and ends with you, like you said. As mundane as that sounds, it is nothing more than the simple act of helping others instead of hurting them. What kind of example do you set? What do you inspire in others?

You see its less about space men and gods than nuts and bolts daily living. NO?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Watching and waiting patiently for the day we all realize unity is key.
Also to see what lengths the evil doers will go to and the lengths to which the so called leaders would go to for power. Power and control which is not theirs.
One leader one God known by many names. One God.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The universe is a big place. I wouldn't want to stay in one place for all eternity, would you?
Imagine you were some supreme being that created life on earth, why would you not do this on other planets?
Not saying that I believe in this, but it's pretty conceited, that a being like that would just stick around for that long.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I love your doubting Thomas approach. Proof is required on a personal level. But if I was a spirit and I found a soul that insisted there was no spirit then I would leave that person alone. They aren't worth the time......

Well now, "Doubting Thomas", if I recall correctly...that was applied to one of Christ's Disciples......and as the story goes....upon his resurrection, Christ came to Thomas specifically to 'SHOW' him that what he preached and predicted was true.....So, doubting is not something new for sure. And my friend, mine are just questions, asking why and where? I have never declared there wasn't, just where ARE They?

Further, and this is a bit different than my other "nice" approaches...

If this is a test bed for souls to prove out their loyalty and dedication, I would say that not proving the spirit to all is a sure way to find out who is worthy. I would select those that helped others regardless of their "beliefs". I would further those that didn't make demands to see "proof". Those are my cadre. I can trust them. [

You misunderstand, I believe, and do you really think people, through our own reasoning have not asked this question millions of times before....especially when being burned at the stake during the Middle Ages ? I am not challenging anyones beliefs. This is a personal journey, I'm fine if you are satisfied with how things are and you have reconciled in your own life that everything is exactly as intended. That is your belief and I respect that. But, many of us choose to 'question' things, proof of horrible atrocities and begin to say this just doesn't make sense, and say "if there really is a God and he created all of this, then it is just a very sad lesson to be learned, and those of us who ask WHY? are not BAD people, we just see injustice, despicable things. (I've described them in previous replies) that make a lot of us cry and ask why? Are we bad? Do we have problems for asking these questions? You seem to imply so by your next statements.

He didn't. People did. Look back at your "I did it" statement above?

I don't don't think so, again, if He is the CREATOR of all of this?? Then we are part of him, so again, a think it is not unreasonable to ask WHY do you allow this to happen....yes, people, the us, the I are his instruments, but does HE not have his hand in all of us, the breath of GOD in all of us? Is he not equally responsible? Just questions.

You are they, my fellow human. You are the difference. Instead of complaining, maybe you should help. But I sense a block. Something personal that is preventing you from having hope. Maybe you would like to share whatever the problem is in your personal life, some abuse, some injustice? Focusing on that problem is often more helpful than ranting at the worlds problems. You can U2U me if you want...

You really have missed my point, I am not complaining as much as I am just asking questions and pointing out real problems that allows my friend, to just ask why? I do not bury my head in the sand or look the other way when people need help, actually I am quite charitable to my fellow man and am very happy with my outlook on life, and do try to make a positive difference every day. But is it wrong, or bad to question things....I would think anyone who does not question the problems may indeed have the 'block' or perhaps just don't want to accept the truth of the things I've described. I'd also have to take exception of my questions as 'ranting', no my friend, they are simply meant to be thought provoking. Asking questions, questioning the way things are, and just asking WHY? I think all of what I've just stated is a very healthy outlook. My days are not spent in the darkness, but when I do come out of the light....I think it is fair to question what the heck is going on....? I believe I'm well read, informed and continue to search out answers.....even Mother Teresa questioned and opined,

THE QUESTION
Mother Teresa and Doubt
In her letters, Mother Teresa expressed doubts about the existence of God and lamented the absence of a personal sense of Jesus' love in her life. Does this make you think more or less of her? To what extent is doubt a part of religious faith?
POSTED BY SALLY QUINN AND JON MEACHAM

Doubt Goes Hand in Hand with Faith
The apparent abandonment by God of the poor and the helpless would be enough to shake the faith of anyone.

Source

So you see, it is not that I have problems to lament about, it is the very simple questioning of the way things are?
Peace!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marsupilami
The universe is a big place. I wouldn't want to stay in one place for all eternity, would you?
Imagine you were some supreme being that created life on earth, why would you not do this on other planets?
Not saying that I believe in this, but it's pretty conceited, that a being like that would just stick around for that long.

Yes, I agree exactly. It appears ever since we existed, we looked up into the skies and wondered. What's over that hill? Is there anything out there on the seas? We are born explorers, and certainly do not wish to remain in one place, we love to search and learn.

"Imagine you were some supreme being that created life on earth, why would you not do this on other planets?"

It would make sense, for sure! Or at least today we feel that the possibility is great...but, also, at this time in our lives, and I am sure of our ancestors who made stone monoliths of the sun, stars and their gods....they looked for them, just as we do today....and again, as I put forth for thought:
If there really is a God or some supreme being or superior Alien Civilization....Where are they?

I believe questions that man has asked for centuries, exactly for the reasons you point out.....we look for more and have a desire to hope that this is....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Watching and waiting patiently for the day we all realize unity is key.
Also to see what lengths the evil doers will go to and the lengths to which the so called leaders would go to for power. Power and control which is not theirs.
One leader one God known by many names. One God.

Thank you! No doubt that much of what you say is true about the evil doers and those that hunger for power. These are troubling times, and although history is full of generations before us that suffered equally great atrocities of fellow man against fellow man......there have been times in the past, as they are now, where people simply ask, How Could this One Leader, this One God allow these things to happen?? (i'm just not convinced any longer that the answer is "It's not God doing these terrible things, It is we ourselves that are doing it! ) I buy the last part: "It is we ourselves that are doing it! " But, I believe it is healthy and realistic to question these things. Peace!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

It seems like this question has settled for you a bit, and there have been some amazing replies. I have even tagged some of them so I can revisit them at another time. I do believe it is natural to ask. The unknown is not something we do well with, especially when things are so far behind our control (can't fix the problems of the world). I think its also a natural step in building faith.

It feels like things couldn't have possibly been this bad at anytime in the past. I know this isn't true but it feels like it. Especially because information is globally available in an instant. I'm not sure if I will see a change in my lifetime (hope so), but I do believe one day the world will be a more peaceful place.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

It seems like this question has settled for you a bit, and there have been some amazing replies. I have even tagged some of them so I can revisit them at another time. I do believe it is natural to ask. The unknown is not something we do well with, especially when things are so far behind our control (can't fix the problems of the world). I think its also a natural step in building faith.

It feels like things couldn't have possibly been this bad at anytime in the past. I know this isn't true but it feels like it. Especially because information is globally available in an instant. I'm not sure if I will see a change in my lifetime (hope so), but I do believe one day the world will be a more peaceful place.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It is possible that they are unable to communicate with us. Too grand. Example.. if we use the hadron collider and recreated a big bang and for a split second created a miniature universe that was invisible to the human eye and then gone, we likely would never know if there was sentience created and wouldn't have the time nor capability to speak to beings who in their experience had millions of years of life.

Unfortunately if that is the case and we are created but by a being unaware then our lives may be accident and not have a plan for afterward.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
It is possible that they are unable to communicate with us. Too grand. Example.. if we use the hadron collider and recreated a big bang and for a split second created a miniature universe that was invisible to the human eye and then gone, we likely would never know if there was sentience created and wouldn't have the time nor capability to speak to beings who in their experience had millions of years of life.

Unfortunately if that is the case and we are created but by a being unaware then our lives may be accident and not have a plan for afterward.

your brain is a "hadron collider".. can you not hear the communication?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

I don't think it is, but I guess I don't get your meaning.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I don't think it is, but I guess I don't get your meaning.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator..

hadron /ˈhædrɒn/

Noun
A composite particle made of quarks held together by the strong force

col·lide /kəˈlīd/

Verb
1. Hit with force when moving: "she collided with someone".
2. Come into conflict or opposition.

brain /brān/

Noun
An organ of soft, nervous tissue contained in the skull of vertebrates, functioning as the coordinating center of sensation and intellect...

your brain is constantly smashing hadrons together.. =)
edit on 31-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by justarandy
I think if there is a God we as a species would look like a grain of sand to him/her and relative to how we perceive sand.

No this is not true. Many of us look like ants to God reletive to how we perceive ants because that is the way we behave, ie habitually, predictably, boringly. But not all. There are those whom God does take an interest in. They are out there, you will ecognise them if you look. They certainly recognise themselves. You probably don't want to see them, especially if you are an athiest therefore you wil remain blind to them, just another ant.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by justarandy
I think if there is a God we as a species would look like a grain of sand to him/her and relative to how we perceive sand.

No this is not true. Many of us look like ants to God reletive to how we perceive ants because that is the way we behave, ie habitually, predictably, boringly. But not all. There are those whom God does take an interest in. They are out there, you will ecognise them if you look. They certainly recognise themselves. You probably don't want to see them, especially if you are an athiest therefore you wil remain blind to them, just another ant.

personally i look upon ants with fondness, they play an important part in and are necessary for my own existence.. =)

ants or intelligent beings?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Not sure if I get your point.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Not sure if I get your point.

that's because you have to give me one...

tell you what, pop over here and i'll stop hijacking this thread..

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join