It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there really is a God or some supreme being or superior Alien Civilization....Where are they?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Perhaps God has set his I-pod to repeat as the Almighty loves the repetative misgivings of the Human race?

Also, us, as humanity, repeating the vicious circle of destruction in this paradise, constantly asking Why have we destroyed our selfs, and when shall our saviour/Great Lord appear? Constantly asking this maybe makes us too igronant to realise that we are missing the point that we are still alive, and if we have our lives, then why do we need saving?

There may be destruction and terror in the world, but life still goes on.

eee.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

To the best of my knowledge no one has heard from him, seen him in over 2,000 years....

I have PERSONALLY experienced many supernatural encounters that only God Himself could have done.

So have countless others as well.

Experience trumps knowledge every time.

Below is a video I came across the other day with several examples of this:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Perhaps God has set his I-pod to repeat as the Almighty loves the repetative misgivings of the Human race?

Also, us, as humanity, repeating the vicious circle of destruction in this paradise, constantly asking Why have we destroyed our selfs, and when shall our saviour/Great Lord appear? Constantly asking this maybe makes us too igronant to realise that we are missing the point that we are still alive, and if we have our lives, then why do we need saving?

There may be destruction and terror in the world, but life still goes on.

eee.

Fair enough eee!! I too believe "life goes on" for sure
BUT for how much longer?? I don't want to repeat myself, however...when I say atrocities.....I am talking of the most vulgar things that we CREATIONS of this so called GOD have done!! I am not going to describe the graphics, it is sickening. But knowing this and that it happens every day.....is mystifying!! The absolute pain, suffering, agony and torture that happens every day is unforgivable.

You indicate that WE are 'constantly asking. Why not?? If GOD gave us free will, reasoning, the ability to think, then is it not time, RIGHT NOW to finally ask....what is going on here!!! This can't be what GOD intended. Has he forsaken us??

Agreed, life goes on. Tomorrow is another day.....this is just a moment to think, to question....perhaps there is no GOD, perhaps there are NO ADVANCED Civilizations.....perhaps, this is it....as far as we know, another day tomorrow....our dead ancestors never found the answer (to the best of our knowledge), so it is a personal belief, one that has to come to terms with oneself. I have often said, take the time to understand what it is that you believe in, and WHY? It takes time...but if you can come to terms with that, and it satifies you....then, I guess that is all that matters.

But in the end, is it not unfair, not intelligent, not curious to ask, IF GOD EXISTS OR ONE OF HIS ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS (if you so believe) WHERE ARE YOU???? There is no sign or proof the either do. Peace!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've asked this question myself. Where are you if your there? Depending upon which book one prescribes to - and I am guessing they all give an answer, the time when God shows up is spelled out. For the bible it says things like - if those days were not cut short no one would survive. It goes on to give some indicators of "when" (after the antichrist, after Damascus is destroyed, when Israel is attacked from the North, etc).

I don't think we're left on our own in all of this. Even if that spirit is just the higher self we lost touch with when we were born, it (God) has supreme knowledge. If it were left up to humans as we are now it would be certain extinction in my opinion. Look at how far we have come. Look at how effective we are at fixing global issues. Not too impressive.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

To the best of my knowledge no one has heard from him, seen him in over 2,000 years....

I have PERSONALLY experienced many supernatural encounters that only God Himself could have done.

So have countless others as well.

Experience trumps knowledge every time.

I understand my friend, experience is a mighty tool and agreed, if one has experienced such amazing happenings (and I did watch parts and parts of your video) and certainly..medical and/or every day occurrences that defy logical thinking. I cannot deny that. Nor do I dispute your PERSONAL experiences. Perhaps you are right, these are the ways of GOD or a Supreme Creator letting us know that HE exists and this is HIS proof.

I cannot deny this! Not in dispute, but would you not agree, thousands if not millions during our existence here on Earth, that many worthy people have suffered, painfully, with disgust? Where is there miracle?

As best we can tell, we've been around for a little over 200,000 years...millions, maybe billions have died, tortured, deprived, depraved....where is the justice in that??? A few acts of wonderous activities are for sure amazing and rings of hope.....but when you wake up from these intermittent anamalies, ( I am not disputing nor am I making light of) how does this help humanity???? They are just mysteries.....ok you can attribute them to GOD or some supernatural entity, I just don't know!! However, surely interesting circumstances that cannot be ignored.

Is this the sign of GOD?? Is this HIS Presence? Perhaps, but many strange things in history have occurred, and none of them reflect definitively the presence of GOD. Those affected or those present lack any other explanation,....hence IT MUST BE GOD!! A good point for sure!! Thank you

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
I've asked this question myself. Where are you if your there? Depending upon which book one prescribes to - and I am guessing they all give an answer, the time when God shows up is spelled out. For the bible it says things like - if those days were not cut short no one would survive. It goes on to give some indicators of "when" (after the antichrist, after Damascus is destroyed, when Israel is attacked from the North, etc).

I don't think we're left on our own in all of this. Even if that spirit is just the higher self we lost touch with when we were born, it (God) has supreme knowledge. If it were left up to humans as we are now it would be certain extinction in my opinion. Look at how far we have come. Look at how effective we are at fixing global issues. Not too impressive.

Thank you Dianec!! I understand your points. However, is it just not possible, a bunch of guys, (god forbid a woman had something to say) who had a lot of times on their hands, talked, traded stories, much like the late Ray Bradbury, talking of amazing things....going to where no man has been before, that those stories were just that...stories, embellished over the years??

If as you state,"I don't think we're left on our own in all of this. Even if that spirit is just the higher self we lost touch with when we were born, it (God) has supreme knowledge."......well where is HE??? Don't you think WE are severely lost????? Really, just think about it....most of us have so busy lives, and I don't mean to dwell on the negatives, for sure we have made some wonderful advancements, but in reality....the horror of what we do to human life, to other living species is unforgivable!

I realize a lot of this is speculation, a lot based upon what we were taught, or even have just lived. But, in all honesty, OUR world today is in a very desperate situation. Thousands of nuclear waste is pouring into the Pacific Ocean from Fukashima, Wars, (in the name of God no less....how many centuries have we been going through this...now islam, radicals, their way or no way), over population....just look at the deplorable lives of 90% of Africa and most of the third world countries?

I could go on, but, you know in your heart that there are terrible wrongs happening every day. Forget about government, I'm talking just about your everyday life....the terrible things....rape, abuse..drugs, killing of innocent young children in schools, 4 year olds, domestic abuse, kidnappings, the list and the deplorable things that are happening every day....we are so busy....but is this what GOD intended??? This just did not happen last week, last year......100's of years...killing....and all of the atrocities....and then Mother Earth herself. We strip the land of trees, take all of the oil (eventually it will run out), we pollute our drinking water, over 7 Billion of us.....people are starving. Is this what GOD expects??? WHERE IS GOD??

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Let's face it God and ET's thousands of years ahead of us technologically, would essentially amount to us believing that they were one and the same..the abilities of a mythical, supernatural creator entity, and those of an ET species that far in advance of us would be more or less interchangeable in terms of power and ability and to mistake one for the other would be an understandable thing, even today never mind in the remote past.

That having been said, if God or ET did come here a very long time ago, set themselves up as supreme rulers using their powers...i think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we..us Humans killed them.

This ties a lot of theories together and could be what caused a previously advanced Humanity, possibly more advanced than we are now, to almost go extinct. My guess is a devastating war raged between Humans and either 'God' or it's ET analogue...we won because we're still here, but we almost didn't make it.

The toll that such a war would take on our world and civilisation would be unimaginable, if it didn't kill us off, it would certainly drive our remnants back into a primitive state, back to a neolithic style of existence.

So that's my theory...we killed the last group that tried and ultimately failed to set themselves up as Human masters and us their slave race of playthings, and the other species out there got the message that we would go out completely rather than suffer the yoke, and they know we mean it.

Nowadays, i think we're living in a kind of 'protected segregation', in part for our own protection and species' survival, and in part for theirs. Perhaps there will come a time where we will meet other species in a peaceful and constructive way, perhaps not.

We've dragged our species back up from the cave, and once again we are almost in a position to move around our Solar System, as a result, perhaps the 'observers' keeping an eye on our progress will make themselves popularly known to us and we can go from there.

But yeah, bottom line, i think we probably managed to kill them one way or another.

(and no...i don't have any pictures)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Let's face it God and ET's thousands of years ahead of us technologically, would essentially amount to us believing that they were one and the same..the abilities of a mythical, supernatural creator entity, and those of an ET species that far in advance of us would be more or less interchangeable in terms of power and ability and to mistake one for the other would be an understandable thing, even today never mind in the remote past.

That having been said, if God or ET did come here a very long time ago, set themselves up as supreme rulers using their powers...i think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we..us Humans killed them.

(and no...i don't have any pictures)

Thank you MysterX for your input and suggestions. Anything is potentially possible. There is certainly historical evidence as a species, our first reaction is to fight, kill the unknown. Countless examples throughout our 'Known" history.

My only doubt, question or suspicion is that if these powerful, ALMIGHTY entities did come, and did try to rule....wouldn't you think these creatures ( for lack of a better description) would not have had the power to thwart such a rebellion? Not to be killed?

I do not disagree with your premise, that humanity tends to kill first, then ask questions. But if a superior force, a GOD arrived....is it not plausible to think that they would have a superior way of protecting themselves.

Again, just hypothesizing, but if it were a GOD, or an Advanced Civilization....(assuming they were involved in our creation) would they not have the ability to protect themselves from this primitive species?? Just throwing it out there,

In the end, I still ask, if there is a Superior Civilization or a Higher Power or a GOD/CREATOR, where are they??? In more than two thousand years, other than some strange, unexplainable things, where is the undeniable proof that something like GOD or a Superior Alien Civilization exists?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I hear what your saying. I have actually gotten angry and asked outloud "if your out there proove it because its against everything we have learned about God being good. What kind of God can witness this, be all powerful, and do nothing." I've asked others as well who can only say "we don't know why yet". That's not good enough for me at times because your right. It's way past time.

Some say things are worse because people turned their backs on God (no longer allowed in schools, etc) but its always been bad. There has always been murder, tragedy, suffering. Ive asked people who are devout if they ever doubt. I always here "of course I have but...". They are well aware of the tragedies of the world, and trust so much that they cope with them by knowing there is a paradise beyond and a reason for everything. I used to think they were in denial or just would not look at the evil but I know differently since listening more. They explain it as satan having free reign right now and point this out in the bible. I'm not sure I believe in this entirely but I do listen.

I believe all biblical accounts could be stories from imagination or life experience - a way to convey wisdom gained. They are for sure stories from some source. They could be stories from alien beings who arrived to share rules and knowledge as a road map on how to live in peace and survive as a species in a cooperative and loving way. They could be from an invisible source initially and then the physical manifestation of this source (Jesus, Mahammed (sp?), etc). In any of these cases we have been told there would be a return to save us from ourselves (through stories by ancestors, aliens, or God). Why would this be shared if it weren't valid? To give false hope? Even some Native American tribes state this and even lay out a timeline to watch for before the savior returns. I think some of the stuff in the bible and Native American prophecy is coming to pass or has passed. This gives me faith that the rest of the story will play out too. Because all cultures have similar stories yet variations of a God it seems a safe bet that they were all correct. I'm not aware of atheist traditions from any past cultures. If they existed it would be interesting to see what reasons they gave (if we could find evidence of this).

We're feeling something and are inpatient because we care and are tired of all the wrong. What's the point of hope if we see no sign. I have believed there is nothing but us. I found that didn't fit after years and was able to even apply a bit of science for why it didn't fit. If I choose to believe its up to us I feel overwhelmed and truly lose hope for this world. If I can believe in something greater as portrayed to us in those stories, and even substantiate how some prophecy is playing out, I feel hope. I know in my mind and heart humans cannot undo this and are only getting worse. If I believe - it will be true. If nothing else we can manifest the future through hope. For me, hope comes from a belief that something more powerful will intervene before it gets much worse.

In the end I have for sure doubted. I've been jaded by extreme religion, hypocracy, and cruelties without intervention. I've made it about logic and concluded it its a fable to believe in such things. I've been there and done that. It's not a better path for me. Sometimes the answer lies in faith alone. Not ideal but better than no hope at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Personally, I have hoped for more, but, someway, somehow, I finally have come to the feeling if they: GOD or Others (Advanced Civilizations) exist, WHERE ARE THEY? Peace!!

Just keep on asking that question. It is a true desire. It will be answered. Don't conclude anything if you don't really know one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He is here but you cannot see him because he is greater than us.

Our molecules in our natural world vibrate at a certain frequency. Higher energetic matter vibrates at higher frequencies that we cannot perceive, much like us not being able to see all of the wavelengths electromagnetic spectrum.

The higher the frequency you vibrate at, the closer you are to God. Highest frequency is no separation whatsoever. The lower vibration you go the more separated everything is. Physical manifestation in our dimension represents this. As you move higher in vibration the laws of physics of that amplitude is governed by light instead of space.

It is hard to convey but even harder to understand because our brains are unable to comprehend the scope of what's really there.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

I hear what your saying. I have actually gotten angry and asked outloud "if your out there proove it because its against everything we have learned about God being good. What kind of God can witness this, be all powerful, and do nothing." I've asked others as well who can only say "we don't know why yet". That's not good enough for me at times because your right. It's way past time.

In the end I have for sure doubted. I've been jaded by extreme religion, hypocracy, and cruelties without intervention. I've made it about logic and concluded it its a fable to believe in such things. I've been there and done that. It's not a better path for me. Sometimes the answer lies in faith alone. Not ideal but better than no hope at all.

I value your input and thoughtfulness. Merely it is just a question. As you have stated, there are some, who question nothing. I really mean it, they question nothing, they are just closed in their ways. I do not judge, I just observe, like you.

Look, I do not have the answers, my thread in part was just to kind of sense what others are felling. But as time has showed, in so many venues, we have been fed many untruths. The mystical, the majic, you gotta believe or else.....

Well, thankfully we (some of us) have decided to ask questions, to research, to investigate and to form our own understanding. My purpose is not to put any one down or to judge, just simply ask the finally, openly, the questions everyone wants some answers on, but so far, no tangible proof.....my opinion, but, proof is proof and I simply ask, "If there is a GOD or if there exists Superior Alien Civilizations...WHERE ARE THEY?"

I'm sorry, I am just at a point of the endless innuendos, the subtle implications, but wait, NO NO NO!! If it is, it should not have taken this long or so hidden and mysterious. I for one, am just saying, today, now, we have all the opportunity to really open our minds, hearts and eyes to see, to want, to need. So that being said, WHERE IS GOD, WHERE ARE THESE ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS?????? WHERE???
Aren't you tired of the so-called secrets, we don't understand, we need to find out, it's inside us, they are here......OH YEAH, WHERE.........I am not trying to change or disprove your beliefs, just reasonable questions from a learning an curious mind.

And btw Dianec, some of these comments are not directed toward you...I agree with most of what you have written.....but my reply simply incorporates the basic, simple questions and observations.....ty

edit on 24-8-2013 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

On where the supreme beings are.

They have been where they have always been since their conception, embedded in the minds and culture of the peoples that fostered them.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Personally, I have hoped for more, but, someway, somehow, I finally have come to the feeling if they: GOD or Others (Advanced Civilizations) exist, WHERE ARE THEY? Peace!!

Just keep on asking that question. It is a true desire. It will be answered. Don't conclude anything if you don't really know one way or the other.

Fair enough, and exactly true, I do not know. Hence the question. WHERE ARE THEY? I don't say that in jest or ridicule, but rather as a student, a liver of life an observer, a participant.

I will never stop searching and asking, just my nature, my journey has unveiled and taught me many things. Above all....to question, especially the status quo!!! Remember the Earth was the center of the Universe.....umm NOT.

So to question is a good thing. Remain open-minded for sure. However, just a simple thread....Just Questions that I think many have glanced out for a few seconds, but then turned the channel, or went to the store,. But i just have a fancy to ask some big questions.......IS THERE A GOD??? A SUPREME CREATOR?? DOES A SUPERIOR CIVILIZATION exist somewhere out in the cosmos??? Earth is supposedly 4.5 Billion years old we are told, they Universe about 14.5 Billion years old. So WHERE IS EVERYBODY.....WHERE IS GOD????

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Of course there is a supreme, omnipotent being. How would we have survived , how could we continue surviving, if there wasn't? Life would make no sense at all if we were truly on our own. We would all be suffering the deepest depression, throwing ourselves off tall buildings and so forth. Many are suffering and there are those who do kill themselves, and others, but most of us know within that there is so much more to our existance than what we are led to believe, or not believe. Know yourself, that is the most powerful medicine I can offer anyone. Know yourself and through doing so come to know your Creator.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129
He is here but you cannot see him because he is greater than us.

Our molecules in our natural world vibrate at a certain frequency. Higher energetic matter vibrates at higher frequencies that we cannot perceive, much like us not being able to see all of the wavelengths electromagnetic spectrum.

The higher the frequency you vibrate at, the closer you are to God. Highest frequency is no separation whatsoever. The lower vibration you go the more separated everything is. Physical manifestation in our dimension represents this. As you move higher in vibration the laws of physics of that amplitude is governed by light instead of space.

It is hard to convey but even harder to understand because our brains are unable to comprehend the scope of what's really there.

Thank you kingster!! Honestly, I am not that well briefed in vibrations and frequencies, but I have read and have viewed seminars about such. It still is a little daunting.

I am not trying nor do I wish to dissuade you, but, your openning statement "He is here but you cannot see him because he is greater than us." is the very concept that resonates with me, and then comes the next logical question, WHY? If HE is so GREAT and HE created everything, surely, if he wished, HE could make himself known, available, let us know that HE is real and exists.

All of this mysticism and 'we don't understand' HE will let us know when HE is ready and WE are ready, gets to a point of asking, Oh Yeah???? When, because what is going on now, sure does not resemble in the slightest of what we were taught to believe.

If HE did indeed create everything, us included....then would you not think HE would check in to check us out? I don't mean to sound cynical or degrading, not at all, just questions, that's all I have. Based upon all that I have shared, written about the state of our world, how we treat each other.....isn't it about time, isn't it about time that HE or THEY show themselves???? As I have said..hundreds of generations have lived and died before us...(apparently not knowing, I really can't speak of afterlife...just another guess) and our future seems no less. And as time moves forward and the further depletion of our Earths resources in an ever growing population, and the potential at any moment of some pandemic......life doesn't look so good for the few years, decades ahead.

NOW IS THE TIME, IF GOD EXISTS WHERE IS HE??? IF THERE IS/ARE ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS WHERE ARE THEY??????

Reasonable questions....I don't judge, i just ask, and I believe at this point, there are no answers to these questions. Peace!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Something is responsible for creation...what you call it is up to you....alien or otherwise....we all originate from the same source...UNIVERSALLY.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Do u think god is scared to show his face because he's scared to face what he has created.

He...

Hooray for old fashioned androcentrism

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aphorism

On where the supreme beings are.

They have been where they have always been since their conception, embedded in the minds and culture of the peoples that fostered them.

Thanks Aphorism!!! It surely is a possibility and perhaps that is as simple as it gets.

Man created names for Constellations, gods and brought them closer to their own lives.....stories began as they looked into the skies.

Perhaps these concepts, these beliefs are embedded as you say, by repeating and repeating and repeating the same story over and over, adding some slight embellishments. I say that is certainly a real possibility.

During parts of human history to think otherwise was blasphemy, and the fear of death. Didn't Martin Luther challenge the norm?

Didn't Gene Roddenbury create Star Trek? Just imagination, dreams.......

After you read the books, the scriptures, the Holy Readings....and you step back, scratch your head and say, 'WAIT" that just cannot be true.. But so many of us, just like the Middle-Ages were afraid, fear of scorn or possible death.

Times have changed. We can challenge, as questions, ask for clarification....NOT necessarily to disprove...but to learn, may be affirm....but right now, in the 21st century....who am i to ask, but I do, WHERE IS GOD? WE NEED YOU IF YOU EXIST, WHERE ARE YOU?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema
Of course there is a supreme, omnipotent being. How would we have survived , how could we continue surviving, if there wasn't? Life would make no sense at all if we were truly on our own. We would all be suffering the deepest depression, throwing ourselves off tall buildings and so forth. Many are suffering and there are those who do kill themselves, and others, but most of us know within that there is so much more to our existance than what we are led to believe, or not believe. Know yourself, that is the most powerful medicine I can offer anyone. Know yourself and through doing so come to know your Creator.

Thank you Shema!! I too during my life felt the same way, many times. However, as time evolved, especially during my college years, I began to think out side of the box, I was taught, encourage to, to find something new.

Depression according to ww statistics has never been higher, medications, therapists are stretched, along with suicide rates.

I do not disagree with your statement..."....but most of us know within that there is so much more to our existance than what we are led to believe, or not believe. Know yourself, that is the most powerful medicine I can offer anyone. .." I subscribe to the philosophy to learn, begins with learning about oneself. Life is not all bad. I see beautiful things, scenery, acts of kindness, love, caring and compassion and real love...I see it and it makes me happy and I try to keep my life in balance and allow that sense, that power to enter my life. It helps with coping.

But, if you choose to expose yourself to our World and its' fullness, then suddently, the ugliness, the travesties, the inhuman torture, slavery, mutilation and eventual death to young innocence is every where, Most of us worry about balancing the check book or what's for dinner, but all around us, atrocities that you would never imagine would stop you in horror, make you drop and cry,,,,,I won't describe, less to say, despicable acts against man, woman and children.

Then the Earth....we are stripping her of her natural resources. We are running out of food. A 1/4 or more of earths population suffers each and every day of starvation.....drinking water the sustenance of life is faltering, animals are dying, dolphins, bees birds...The fukashima disaster two years ago off of the coast of Japan is dumping tons of radioactive material into the Pacific Ocean, more than any time in recorded history....no doubt, the WILL affect aquatic life and humanity as it moves eastward to the Pacific coast of America.

These are just some of the things WE are doing to ourselves.....but after more than 2,000 years, is it unreasonable to ask the CREATOR OF US, GOD, WHERE ARE YOU???? OR Some Advanced Civilization, Where are you? Something is just not right. I am not a doomdayer, just lookin, watching, learning researching....and asking questions....questions that may never be answered in our live time......WE live, WE will DIE and that's it. Peace!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join