It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there really is a God or some supreme being or superior Alien Civilization....Where are they?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
My theory is that if you look at the size of other stars compaired to our own and crack some numbers you would logically think we are tiny on a universal scale and to think we are alone is like a frog in my garden pond thinking that the pond is all there is. To the frog, unless someone throws a brick in the pond, he is the centre of all that exists.

Certainly your thought was one of centuries ago when humanity thought so many misconceptions about ourselves and our place in the universe. Yes, we did think we were it!! The center of it all. But now, as we know, there are billions, maybe trillions of other galaxies, star systems. It would make sense and the possibility that life exists elsewhere would make sense.

But this goes back to my question, Where Are They? To date We have found nothing, and as far as we know, they have not found us. And if there is a beginning, how did it start, the Big Bang doesn't answer what existed before, the elements, where did they come from to cause the Big Bang? Something from nothing just doesn't ring right. Something is missing!! Where is God? Where are the other civilizations?
edit on 23-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Yes and we may continue to rise and fall until we break the cycle of past generations/civilizations. I personally think life or some type of conscienceness exist outside our own planet/dimension. Maybe hundreds or thousands of defferent entities. To be included in the club maybe you have to grasp the concept of oneness as a species. Idk but I'm sure tthere's more to life but I also feel we gotta get it right ourselves on earth before we can know the truth.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

nothing like philosophising. cheers.

Well sure, it is a philosophical question! Where are they?? Historical beliefs said that God would return, When? Seems long enough. Others propose that some higher Alien civilization exists, if so, where are they? Or, as the 10's of thousands of years have passed and to some, indicate no such things, myths, sci-fi dreams really exist. Is this it? Are we all that we have?
edit on 23-8-2013 by ItDepends because: gr

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
Just an open topic for you ATS'ers to discuss. We've heard many theories through various religions about the Almighty God, and that he would return (I'll use he, but am open to her) , and speculation that a superior Alien race is responsible for our existence and that they would return.

personally i don't believe God ever went away, we just stopped listening to HimHer.. i don't really buy the alien theory, it is very speculative and we have no evidence.. that doesn't mean i don't think we've ever been visited, its certainly possible..

Ok, where are they. If ever there is a time in our history, we as a civilization need help, direction, some intelligence far greater than ourselves. We are virtually, slowly killing ourselves slowly. There seems to be no cooperation among the 7 Billion of us and growing.

science is essentially the study of the universal intelligence/God's word, so it could be argued that we are slowly understanding more and more about the greater intelligence of reality.. i'm not christian but i'm fond of jesus, and reckon he'll exist again, its an evolutionary inevitability that sometime somewhere someone will eventually have that kind of connection with God again, in my opinion..

Resources to sustain this growth are disappearing. Food, drinking water, medicine to fight potential pandemic deaths.

Is this the slow down fall of man as we know it?
Can we fix it?

Is there a God?
Is there and Alien Force to help?

Up until now, it has only been US, the people of earth as far as we can really tell.

What is the answer, I'd really like to know your thoughts?

i wouldn't say the resources to support us are disappearing, rather they are just very very very very very very very very very very very poorly managed.. the world can sustain a mush larger population if it works in harmony with it..

nah, it's not the fall, just continual evolution of our species, eventually we will see the traits of intelligence and rationality, empathy, compassion, and tolerance begin to take precedence.. already i see it in the youth in my country, they are quicker to compromise, more eager to learn, less willfully ignorant and antagonistic than my generation ever was..

yup there's a God, (s)he's not the kind of "being" most people think of when they think of God though.. God is like an organiser, or a mediator, HerHis laws are the laws of nature and HisHer manipulation of the universe's interactions leads to everything that happens to everyone everywhere throughout the universe.

he could set up circumstances that eventually lead to an extraterrestrial race happening by and subsequently helping us, sure..

he could also directly communicate with an individual or individual huamans in HerHis subtle way and steer us away from disaster.. of course, we would take credit for it though..

I realize speculation is required, but let's hear it, are we here by ourselves, or is there an answer, a solution?

Will a God appear and solve our mistakes?
Will a superior Alien Race show up and help, or finally rid us of our own destruction of our planet?

What do you say?

Additionally: If we are alone, this all just happened by luck, good fortune, then why? what is the purpose? Or, is there none....it is just US and ultimately, we survive or die off as a species at our own doing and destruction of Mother Earth?

nah, we ain't alone, never have been..

we just need to shut up and listen to the world around us to find that out =)

i reckon another spiritually connected human is more likely than alien aid, but i wouldn't rule e.t. out..

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari

Yes and we may continue to rise and fall until we break the cycle of past generations/civilizations. I personally think life or some type of conscienceness exist outside our own planet/dimension. Maybe hundreds or thousands of defferent entities. To be included in the club maybe you have to grasp the concept of oneness as a species. Idk but I'm sure tthere's more to life but I also feel we gotta get it right ourselves on earth before we can know the truth.

I would hope too, that there is more to life, and until WE get it 'right' we can know no truth. That just seems like such an uphill battle. Even after the Saviors, the Prophets came to spread the 'Truth', factions began to appear, and hatred, war and the complete opposite occurred according to what the holy teachings, scriptures taught us. We continue to fight one and other. Rape the earth of its natural resources, pollute what we have.....a slow self destruction.....yet if you believe in a God or some other Superior Civilization, Where are they? If something doesn't change and mankind does not change it's waste or our precious resources, I'm afraid our demise is almost certain. I truly hope that is not the case.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Just an open topic for you ATS'ers to discuss
That was a bit condescending. Lucky for you I was looking for someone to argue with.

Ok, where are they.
He hasn’t arrived yet…we don’t know the day nor time.

Is there a God?
Many think so.

Is there and Alien Force to help?
I don’t know about “help” but many think there are aliens.

Up until now, it has only been US, the people of earth as far as we can really tell.

You mean as far as YOU can tell.

What is the answer, I'd really like to know your thoughts?
See the above answers!^^^^^

Will a God appear and solve our mistakes?
He died for them already…haven’t you heard?

Will a superior Alien Race show up and help, or finally rid us of our own destruction of our planet?
Doubt it!

If we are alone, this all just happened by luck, good fortune, then why? what is the purpose?
That is the greatest question in life. The answers is yours to discover.

Or, is there none....it is just US and ultimately, we survive or die off as a species at our own doing and destruction of Mother Earth?
That would be too simple, wouldn’t it?

edit on 23-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'll tell you where they are:

Nowhere near a backwards planet in the middle of nowhere filled with slightly intelligent hairless apes that pray to wise looking men in robes who are also hell bent on enslaving each other and/or destroying each other.

....not to put to fine of a point on it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

I understand and appreciate your optimism in many of your responses. However, facts speak for themselves. We as a species have had a terrible history of kindness and compassion to one and other. Sure, there are instances of clear benevolence and the helping of fellow man. For Sure

However, our history has shown of the millions upon millions that have been killed, murdered, raped, mutilated, abused and as despicable as it is, even to helpless poor, innocent children. It happens every day on Earth. And it has happened ever since we set forth on this planet.

Just playing 'Devils Advocate' a bit. I hope for the goodness in man, but the more I see, things seems to be deteriorating and quicker. As far as food and water as resources, perhaps if better managed, that would help, but only some. According to research, we currently exceed in population, the amount of food that is produced. So if food production remained the same, in a world where the population is ever growing, we can only provide for less and less. And this does'nt address the issue of drinking water which is diminishing each year.

Not sure if WE will be able to COME TOGETHER as a species, unify and solve these issues. However, many believe in a God, and that he would return, well it's about time, if he/she exists, and for a superior Alien civilization....for both questions WHERE ARE THEY?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnoir
since that there are literally billions of planets capable of having life, any many millions capable of having carbon-based life its clear that the chances of us being alone on this planet are incredibly low, in fact it is almost certain that we are not (mathematically speaking) as for GOD, yes there is clearly a god. whether its a spirit, a guy on a cloud with a beard or whatever. whatever created the universe and life is god.

Thanks for your reply. I can't disagree with the immensity of the Universe, still to be determined, so is there life out there? As you say, Chances are incredibly high. But the fact remains, there is no tangible proof of it yet.

As far as the creation of the universe and life is god as you say it....I am not saying it didn't happen, but, where is the proof.

Where is everybody?? Where is God? Surely he cannot be happy with his creation here? It goes against ALL that we know HE believes in, from what we have been taught.....When will he return? And if there are all these advanced civilizations where are they??? To date, we have seen neither except third hand accounts. Thanks
edit on 23-8-2013 by ItDepends because: change of statement

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Or, is there none....it is just US and ultimately, we survive or die off as a species at our own doing and destruction of Mother Earth?
That would be too simple, wouldn’t it?

edit on 23-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your reply, no not looking to argue with so thanks for your good thoughts

Yes, I know the standard answer from the Bible or other scriptures says no man will know the when or time of God's arrival...but isn't that a bit convenient...I mean, c'mon. I say that was just a non-provable answer. Why? I guess you can accept it, but by now, I question it, and think time is up, where is GOD?? Surely he cannot be happy with this creation.

You say "he died for them" yeah, them over 2,000 years ago, alot has changed, what about now, if there is a God we need him NOW more than ever, where is he?

True, many believe in a God, no doubt, and true many believe in Aliens....my question, if they exist, Where are they?

You question whether it has been Just US, so far, but you say as far as I say....do you have proof otherwise? Just asking for facts, proof of God, proof of aliens? Where are they?

I don't disagree with you about the purpose of life....a personal journey, I see no other choice, if one wishes to consider and learn, discover, they will find their own purpose, but it may differ from the older paradigms we were taught. It is a personal journey.....we all have one. So I agree.

Lastly, you suggest that the thought that there is no other reason, that it is what it is, and that either we survive or die off as a species is too simple? I don't know, it's either one or the other, either we find a way to coexist for the survival of our species for a long time (who knows) or at some very near future, we find a way to just ruin our planet, hence our own existence....I think that is reasonable. And again, if there is a power, force, others greater than US, where are they?? Thanks for your input!!

edit on 23-8-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
I'll tell you where they are:

Nowhere near a backwards planet in the middle of nowhere filled with slightly intelligent hairless apes that pray to wise looking men in robes who are also hell bent on enslaving each other and/or destroying each other.

....not to put to fine of a point on it.

Yep, I can sure understand your apathy or a least questioning, if you look at what humanity has done, and the people that we have put on pedestals, religious, political, celebrities.....and the crimes against humanity....one would or could possibly think, there is no help or real hope, we will perish at our own ends. And if there is no one out there God or others....then, we only have ourselves to blame. We have choices and we have been pretty unsuccessful except in finding ways to kill each other.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by tachyonmind

I understand and appreciate your optimism in many of your responses. However, facts speak for themselves. We as a species have had a terrible history of kindness and compassion to one and other. Sure, there are instances of clear benevolence and the helping of fellow man. For Sure

facts do indeed speak for themselves.. in the short history of our species we have evolved civilisations that depend on cooperation and compassion.. sure, there are still a lot of predators and killers out there, and twats and ignoramuses and arrogant fools and what have you, but their influence decreases with time..

However, our history has shown of the millions upon millions that have been killed, murdered, raped, mutilated, abused and as despicable as it is, even to helpless poor, innocent children. It happens every day on Earth. And it has happened ever since we set forth on this planet.

before then too.. don't forget we are still just apes with thumbs and language, and our modern genus has only been around for about 200,000 years, that's after 5 million or so years of primal monkey instincts.. it's gonna take a lot of time for us evolve beyond the current situation..

Just playing 'Devils Advocate' a bit. I hope for the goodness in man, but the more I see, things seems to be deteriorating and quicker.

all men are good and equal, the only reason they do "wrong things" is because either they perceive a threat or injury to themselves or because they have a sadistic inclination towards destruction.. i wouldn't agree with you that things are deteriorating quicker and quicker, things were much, much, much worse only 1000 years ago..

As far as food and water as resources, perhaps if better managed, that would help, but only some. According to research, we currently exceed in population, the amount of food that is produced. So if food production remained the same, in a world where the population is ever growing, we can only provide for less and less. And this does'nt address the issue of drinking water which is diminishing each year.

the problem is humans are producing the wrong food.. let's say we have 20,000 kcal of corn.. assume that we feed it to livestock (as is done with about 70% of the grain produced in the U.S. and with 40% of world grain and 80% of global soy production; poorer nations such as India feed only about 2% of their grain production to animals, as doing so is such a luxury)..

The cow will produce about 2,000 kcal of useable energy from that 20,000 kcal of corn (assuming 10% efficiency; the efficiency is actually somewhat higher than that, but 10% is easy to work with and illustrates the point reasonably).. That 2,000 kcal of beef would support one person for a day, assuming a 2,000 kcal per day diet, which is common in the US..

If instead people ate the 20,000 kcal of corn directly, instead of passing it through the cow, we would be able to support more people for that given unit of land being farmed; not necessarily 10 times more, because people are not as efficient as cattle at using corn energy, but considerably more than the one that could be supported if the corn were passed through the cow first.. Common ranges of estimates are that 2-5 times more grain is required to produce the same number of calories through livestock as through direct grain consumption, and up to 10 times more is required for grain fed beef in the US.

there's also the question of profits.. beef makes more money than, even though you can feed a lot more people with corn.. these kind of imbalances are what is driving the famines of the world.. if countries produced less beef and instead grew more wheat, corn, and vegetables, more people would be fed.. what needs to be done is a total overhaul in global resource management.. instead of the goods going to who can afford to pay the most, it should be going to those who need it the most..

eating overproduced mcdonalds or burgerking when you can buy fresh ingredients for a healthy lunch from a supermarket, regularly going to a restaurant and paying $40 for a steak that you can get for $15 at the butcher, using land for overabundant livestock that could be re-purposed to produce a multitude of far more ecologically sustainable food that will spread further are all aspects that need to be considered regardless of cost or personal whim.. the change can not come from the top, it has to be the people..

Not sure if WE will be able to COME TOGETHER as a species, unify and solve these issues. However, many believe in a God, and that he would return, well it's about time, if he/she exists, and for a superior Alien civilization....for both questions WHERE ARE THEY?

He's here, i am certain.. not sure about the aliens though.. they could be everywhere.. xD

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
God isn't even here, I called him to come though, the ones he has left here to watch over this place are treating it like a Monopoly game. I suppose there are a few playing a game of risk. The one that is really bad is that game of operation, the buzzing from the tweezers is depressing. It isn't good to be treating the game pieces like they are. He should be arriving shortly, he has a new fourwheeler and was out practicing survival tactics on some planet far away.

When he gets here he will restructure the game, Maybe we will have a new apocalypse board game.

He left Sanat to watch over the place, but people start referring to the head person who gives the exams as an evil being, twisting his name to Satan. Santa is a better name for Sanat, he gives you a present and grades you by how you respond to the present. Most people flunk his tests. We cannot enter heaven because of our pride and greed, there is no place for either of those in the other place, we will not be allowed to be born there.

Well, I should be able to make up things shouldn't I? Or do the ancient writers have the only rights to those kind of things.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
God, ET, whatever it is that could be out there, does not have to show itself to help us. In fact, it could be more beneficial to us for it not to show itself. Think of it, if ETs or Jesus just showed up in the sky one day, there would be massive widespread panic. Possibly more people would die than in the next world war.

If it's God that's out there, then I think it's more than possible he has a plan for us that will save us from disaster without us even knowing if He's out there.

If it's ET, I don't think they would interfere unless there was a reasonable belief on their part that we were about to annihilate ourselves. Maybe they wouldn't care. But I think we would if we were the ones who were out there watching what is basically an infant in the universal perspective. We wouldn't want to see a race even remotely like ours die out before they got a chance to really live. But we wouldn't want to shatter their paradigms, either. After all, children see things differently than adults, and sometimes that tiny shift in perspective can lead to great leaps in knowledge. It would be better to let them work their own issues out until they absolutely need help.

In closing, whether it's God or ET, I don't think either will show itself until every single human being on the planet is on their knees praying for outside help because it's the only thing left to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why do people always say earth is a planet in the middle of nowhere? What are we in the Antarctica of the universe. Where is the somewhere?

The fact its life in our neck of the woods makes this one of the places to be

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
God isn't even here, I called him to come though, the ones he has left here to watch over this place are treating it like a Monopoly game. I suppose there are a few playing a game of risk. The one that is really bad is that game of operation, the buzzing from the tweezers is depressing. It isn't good to be treating the game pieces like they are. He should be arriving shortly, he has a new fourwheeler and was out practicing survival tactics on some planet far away.

haha =) hi!

When he gets here he will restructure the game, Maybe we will have a new apocalypse board game.

He left Sanat to watch over the place, but people start referring to the head person who gives the exams as an evil being, twisting his name to Satan. Santa is a better name for Sanat, he gives you a present and grades you by how you respond to the present. Most people flunk his tests. We cannot enter heaven because of our pride and greed, there is no place for either of those in the other place, we will not be allowed to be born there.

Well, I should be able to make up things shouldn't I? Or do the ancient writers have the only rights to those kind of things.

the game is always being restructured, it isn't what game you play or how many moves you get in one roll, it's what you do with your piece while your playing that matters.. everybody passes GO eventually, sometimes it takes a few tries before they get it but it happens.. everyone will go to heaven if they sincerely want to, or even believe in it, otherwise they'll go someplace else and have fun there..

you think you're making things up but surprisingly you're not too far from the truth xD

Originally posted by Jahari
Why do people always say earth is a planet in the middle of nowhere? What are we in the Antarctica of the universe. Where is the somewhere?

The fact its life in our neck of the woods makes this one of the places to be

couldn't have said it better myself! but just think about all the other places out there to see and be, and how one time or another you might have been there, or will go..
edit on 23-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

He's here, i am certain..

Again, I appreciate your thoughtful response. And yes, we have gone through many dark times in the known existence of man, such as the Dark Ages and the Plague, reaching the lowest known human populations know up until that time. But, close to ultimate disaster, if not to say losing millions was not a disaster in itself.

If HE is here, and I am not saying he isn't, I continue to wrestle with the hideous atrocities that are happening everyday. We typically only see the top stories, but there is human trafficing going on, killings, murders, torture, the unthinkable to young innocent babies and children......to horrible to imagine. If HE does exist, why is HE never here??

As far as the food resource issue. It will take only one very long drought and the food production needed for survival will diminish very quickly. It's fine to say that there are different approaches, and again, I am not pooh poing it, but in reality, they are just not happening fast enough....millions are starving already, and 10's of thousands die every day of starvation. Our population continues to grow, while food production remains the same, or is in reduction....and don't forget about that catastrophe, drought or even flooding can effect food output.

I don't mean to sound all that pessimistic, I really do have hope, however, my Thread was to provoke the thought based upon a lot of what society claims are the answers or potential answers to our salvation. It is just my opinion based upon what I read, see and search out for more understanding. The problems seem to be mounting quicker than solutions.

So if there really is a God, how could he let what is happening, happen? Where is HE? And for those who believe that there is this Great Advanced Civilization or Civilizations that teem throughout this endless Universe, Where are they??

I'm afraid at the possiblility, but have to at least accept or possibly believe, maybe, WE are it, there is nothing else.....just US!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

No, I think you are quite right. your desire to possibly make up alternatives, at this point seem just as valid as the ancient writers. We certainly have seen no proof otherwise from my viewpoint to the contrary. If HE does come back or THEY arrive, no matter what, it has been a long time. And in reality, other than a Prophet saying he was God or the Son of God, well that seems to have just been an ancient belief to raise their hopes. Any modern religion seems to dispell or contradict what their Savior seemed to profess. And HE and THEY really exist, Then Where are They???

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

He's here, i am certain..

Again, I appreciate your thoughtful response. And yes, we have gone through many dark times in the known existence of man, such as the Dark Ages and the Plague, reaching the lowest known human populations know up until that time. But, close to ultimate disaster, if not to say losing millions was not a disaster in itself.

If HE is here, and I am not saying he isn't, I continue to wrestle with the hideous atrocities that are happening everyday. We typically only see the top stories, but there is human trafficing going on, killings, murders, torture, the unthinkable to young innocent babies and children......to horrible to imagine. If HE does exist, why is HE never here??

As far as the food resource issue. It will take only one very long drought and the food production needed for survival will diminish very quickly. It's fine to say that there are different approaches, and again, I am not pooh poing it, but in reality, they are just not happening fast enough....millions are starving already, and 10's of thousands die every day of starvation. Our population continues to grow, while food production remains the same, or is in reduction....and don't forget about that catastrophe, drought or even flooding can effect food output.

I don't mean to sound all that pessimistic, I really do have hope, however, my Thread was to provoke the thought based upon a lot of what society claims are the answers or potential answers to our salvation. It is just my opinion based upon what I read, see and search out for more understanding. The problems seem to be mounting quicker than solutions.

So if there really is a God, how could he let what is happening, happen? Where is HE? And for those who believe that there is this Great Advanced Civilization or Civilizations that teem throughout this endless Universe, Where are they??

I'm afraid at the possiblility, but have to at least accept or possibly believe, maybe, WE are it, there is nothing else.....just US!

=(
the people have done this to themselves, and until they realise this and learn their lesson, humble themselves and change their attitudes, it will keep happening.. God only allows suffering as a lesson to those who cause it, and the sufferer's sacrifice is one of holy atonement.. those who cause the suffering receive no such atonement, and are doomed until they repent and change their behaviour..

i have complete faith in the ability of the human race to overcome the problems it faces, but first it needs to accept that there is a higher intelligence mediating all forces and to act against these forces is to doom itself to oblivion.. it needs to accept the messenger of God when he appears, and make an effort to understand his teachings..

last time i tried they crucified me.. go figure xD

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
God, ET, whatever it is that could be out there, does not have to show itself to help us.
In closing, whether it's God or ET, I don't think either will show itself until every single human being on the planet is on their knees praying for outside help because it's the only thing left to do.

Perhaps this is true. However what a shame, what a disgraceful point in time to reach to...when we have to fall to our knees, pray for outside help because it is the only thing to do. And if HE and THEY are a No-show then???

Why does it have to get to the final point of near extinction....?? Just a question. If HE is ALL powerful, loving and compassionate, I can see no reason why HE has not come back to correct this life.....and death that happens every day. It goes on and one....poor young children killed in schools, massacre's in movie theaters, human trafficing, child abuse, sickness, war, abuse.....enough is enough. And if THEY are really out there and are so superior....how could they NOT do something, even if it was malevolent???? Where are they??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join