If there really is a God or some supreme being or superior Alien Civilization....Where are they?

page: 1
10
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just an open topic for you ATS'ers to discuss. We've heard many theories through various religions about the Almighty God, and that he would return (I'll use he, but am open to her) , and speculation that a superior Alien race is responsible for our existence and that they would return.

Ok, where are they. If ever there is a time in our history, we as a civilization need help, direction, some intelligence far greater than ourselves. We are virtually, slowly killing ourselves slowly. There seems to be no cooperation among the 7 Billion of us and growing.

Resources to sustain this growth are disappearing. Food, drinking water, medicine to fight potential pandemic deaths.

Is this the slow down fall of man as we know it?
Can we fix it?

Is there a God?
Is there and Alien Force to help?

Up until now, it has only been US, the people of earth as far as we can really tell.

What is the answer, I'd really like to know your thoughts?

I realize speculation is required, but let's hear it, are we here by ourselves, or is there an answer, a solution?

Will a God appear and solve our mistakes?
Will a superior Alien Race show up and help, or finally rid us of our own destruction of our planet?

What do you say?

Additionally: If we are alone, this all just happened by luck, good fortune, then why? what is the purpose? Or, is there none....it is just US and ultimately, we survive or die off as a species at our own doing and destruction of Mother Earth?
edit on 23-8-2013 by ItDepends because: additional comment




posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hi there.

Think the line in my signature sums it up.

- Do u think god is scared to show his face because he's scared to face what he has created.


eee.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
- Do u think god is scared to show his face because he's scared to face what he has created.


It's man who is scared to face what he's created.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Hi there.

Think the line in my signature sums it up.

- Do u think god is scared to show his face because he's scared to face what he has created.


eee.

I see your point, but I'd hardly think if God created all of this, then he may be very disappointed and show up and either correct it, force a change, or simply eliminate it and begin again. But in any event, Where Is He, I doubt he'd be scared to see this mess we've made. IMHO



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I dont think God is an actual being. I think God is just the infinate and eternal universe. The universe is too big and infinity is too long for us to even matter in the grand scale of things.

In a million years, humans wont exsist anymore, but God's Universe will keep on ticking on. If we happen to be the only life in the Universe at the moment, millions and millions of years from now, in some far, unfathomable outreach of space, life will spring again. All thanks to God. Then they will die. And God's Universe will keep on ticking on.

God may not be a "being" but it is very real, but to think that our problems on this small planet, for this small instant on the scale of eternity, matters so much that God should intervene.... that is foolish.
edit on 23-8-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
- Do u think god is scared to show his face because he's scared to face what he has created.


It's man who is scared to face what he's created.


I think this is so true. Some days, it feels the mess we have made is irreversable. But, is there a God that will come as many of the Religions have said? Or is there and Alien presence that will arrive and show us the way? Or is this just the way it is going to be, a slow death with no hope. Sure a lot of good things happening each day, but with the pollution, hate, wars, nuclear waste in our oceans, lack of food for he 7 billion of us......is the end closer than we think? Just curious



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator
 


Ok, so basically you think that perhaps this is just a never ending process. It's happen before, the death of living species, they come and they go...a cycle....but that this Universal creator will never show his face again? We are it? Either WE figure it out or basically, WE won't and will perish? and then somewhere else perhaps, it all starts again, or perhaps has already began?



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends
 


In a way yes. We will either figure out our problems as humans, and survive for a moment longer. Perhaps develop space travel and colonize the stars. Or we wont and we will die on this rock. But either way, we are just prolonging the inevitable. It may take 10,000 years, it may take 1,000,000 years. It may take 1,000,000,000 years. One day our species will no longer exsist. Even if the length of time we survive is the latter, that is just a brief instant on the scale of forever. Even if all the stars in the universe burn out, forever implies a never ending realm of possibilies. During forever, somehow, someway that we will never understand, galaxys, stars, planets, and LIFE will start again. And humans and all of our problems will have never have mattered. Our only claim to anything will just be that we once existed. No life will ever know of us, but we will be an interested page in the story of the universe.
edit on 23-8-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by ItDepends
 


In a way yes. We will either figure out our problems as humans, and survive for a moment longer. Perhaps develop space travel and colonize the stars. Or we wont and we will die on this rock. But either way, we are just prolonging the inevitable. It may take 10,000 years, it may take 1,000,000 years. It may take 1,000,000,000 years. One day our species will no longer exsist. Even if the length of time we survive is the latter, that is just a brief instant on the scale of forever. Even if all the stars in the universe burn out, forever implies a never ending realm of possibilies. During forever, somehow, someway that we will never understand, galaxys, stars, planets, and LIFE will start again. And humans and all of our problems will have never have mattered. Our only claim to anything will just be that we once existed. No life will ever know of us, but we will be an interested page in the story of the universe.
edit on 23-8-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)


I understand your point. It is up to the ingenuity of man. We must change to survive, and not expect some mystical God or Alien to show up and help us. It is up to us!! We need to heal ourselves and our planet, but continue to search, as we have always done, to discover, to learn and possibly survive as a species indefinitely. The way we are going....the lilelyhood of surviving another 1,000 years seems bleak unless some significant changes occur. Thanks



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
God is Omnipresent. He is everywhere. He is Spiritual, all in all.

Closest people got to seeing Him, and survive His awesomeness was in Christ alone. Luckily we have The Holy Spirit over us on earth
If He had to stand, in His Spiritual presence before us, It would be the last thing we would see in our physical bodies.

Faith, and by faith alone.

We all get that gnawing in our heart, to search, seek. That is The Holy Spirit gnawing at us to look and see, open our ears and hear. But, the desires of the flesh makes us believe we are wise and can do all in flesh. Time to seek with our spirits, so that we can become part of Him, where we belong.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends
 


nothing like philosophising. cheers.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
God is Omnipresent. He is everywhere. He is Spiritual, all in all.

Closest people got to seeing Him, and survive His awesomeness was in Christ alone. Luckily we have The Holy Spirit over us on earth
If He had to stand, in His Spiritual presence before us, It would be the last thing we would see in our physical bodies.

Faith, and by faith alone.

We all get that gnawing in our heart, to search, seek. That is The Holy Spirit gnawing at us to look and see, open our ears and hear. But, the desires of the flesh makes us believe we are wise and can do all in flesh. Time to seek with our spirits, so that we can become part of Him, where we belong.


If that is true, and I am not disagreeing with you, but, how can this Ominpresent creator, just not appear? Where are they? We as a species seem lost...alone. We were promised based upon tradition that a God would eventually appear again. But When?? How can the atrocities continue without intervention....WE have shown that we are incapable of changing our evil ways....for as long as man has existed, there has been torture, abuse, death. Sure, there have been incidents of wonderful compassion, but far and few between. WE are dying. Where is this Omnipresence??? How can he ignore the horrors of this species?



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think god or aliens should intervene. We made these problems for ourself and its our responsibility to figure it out and fix it. No divine or galactic bailout. If we can't fix it do we deserve to survive as a species? Survival of the fittest.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
I don't think god or aliens should intervene. We made these problems for ourself and its our responsibility to figure it out and fix it. No divine or galactic bailout. If we can't fix it do we deserve to survive as a species? Survival of the fittest.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)


Thanks, that would certainly fit Darwins 'Origin of Species'. Basically what you are saying if I read i correctly, we 'humanity' are here, perhaps alone, and should not expect some magical, mystical or alien presence to intervene?

This is our home, it is up to us as the inhabitants to see our mistakes, understand the ongoing harm to each orther and the planet. If we can't fix it ourselves, we should not expect anything, anyone else to do it for us, it is up to us for our own survival. This may exactly be the way it is. Thanks



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by Jahari
I don't think god or aliens should intervene. We made these problems for ourself and its our responsibility to figure it out and fix it. No divine or galactic bailout. If we can't fix it do we deserve to survive as a species? Survival of the fittest.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)


Thanks, that would certainly fit Darwins 'Origin of Species'. Basically what you are saying if I read i correctly, we 'humanity' are here, perhaps alone, and should not expect some magical, mystical or alien presence to intervene?

This is our home, it is up to us as the inhabitants to see our mistakes, understand the ongoing harm to each orther and the planet. If we can't fix it ourselves, we should not expect anything, anyone else to do it for us, it is up to us for our own survival. This may exactly be the way it is. Thanks


I can't say with certainty we are alone but yes I think our problems are our own and its up to us to decide if we survive as a species or not. Maybe that's the test.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari

I can't say with certainty we are alone but yes I think our problems are our own and its up to us to decide if we survive as a species or not. Maybe that's the test.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)


That could be one theory for sure. Here it is, your home. You have more in common with each other than you don't. The 'Test' is as you say, could be, 'you have free will, choices' find a way to live peacefully, solve your problems, a lot of them man-made at best. But if that is the purpose of our existence, and we haven't been so successful so far, the future looks bleak....then what? We die as thousands of generations before us....and that's it? Just seems like we are missing something, but I can't honestly say what.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

If that is true, and I am not disagreeing with you, but, how can this Ominpresent creator, just not appear? Where are they? We as a species seem lost...alone. We were promised based upon tradition that a God would eventually appear again. But When?? How can the atrocities continue without intervention....WE have shown that we are incapable of changing our evil ways....for as long as man has existed, there has been torture, abuse, death. Sure, there have been incidents of wonderful compassion, but far and few between. WE are dying. Where is this Omnipresence??? How can he ignore the horrors of this species?


If He should appear in His Spiritual Presence we will not survive.

He came in flesh, and when He was in flesh (Jesus) He called Him Father, relying on The Almighty, until Jesus could return to Him in Spirit. That is what we should do. To be "Christ like".

Jesus will appear again, against the Anti-Christ. We will be part of God in spirit, but, only by believing. It is not something I can explain, but to tell people: TRUST IN HIM.

Adam, who was made by our Father, as Christ was, failed (which is frustratingly sad) But, we are not doing ANY better. We are incapable of changing our ways because we trust in flesh. The same one (and his minions) who tempted Adam and Eve is tempting us, as he (satan) tempted Christ. Difference is that Christ didn't cave in. Praise be to Him


We all will die (most of us, and some will go while still alive) if, and if we change our ways i.e; to stop trusting in our knowledge of the flesh (as Adam/Eve did) and start seeking with our spirits. We need to know that in our spirit we will be guided by The Holy Spirit if we ask. It doesn't happen overnight either. Christ prepared for 30 years to prophecy for only 3 years. And He was God in flesh. Flesh is weak and we can never win in flesh, but in spirit alone. As Christ won, and saved us.

Don't you think the world will change if we all become spiritual, and stop trusting in the knowledge of the flesh? Everything that is happening on earth will change, no doubt. It will be as God intended it to be, like Eden. But man cannot change as he will trust his knowledge by being deceived by a mighty power, who makes man believe, we know it all. We forget that there is an Almighty One. The One who created the mighty one which deceives man.

He that lives within you is stronger than he who lives in the world and in higher places.

Look and see. Ask and ask and ask, until we truly see and hear. Stop trusting in our knowledge of the flesh, and start trusting our spirit to and in Him to receive what we've been given
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
since that there are literally billions of planets capable of having life, any many millions capable of having carbon-based life its clear that the chances of us being alone on this planet are incredibly low, in fact it is almost certain that we are not (mathematically speaking) as for GOD, yes there is clearly a god. whether its a spirit, a guy on a cloud with a beard or whatever. whatever created the universe and life is god.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My theory is that if you look at the size of other stars compaired to our own and crack some numbers you would logically think we are tiny on a universal scale and to think we are alone is like a frog in my garden pond thinking that the pond is all there is. To the frog, unless someone throws a brick in the pond, he is the centre of all that exists.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Don't you think the world will change if we all become spiritual, and stop trusting in the knowledge of the flesh? Everything that is happening on earth will change, no doubt. It will be as God intended it to be, like Eden. But man cannot change as he will trust his knowledge by being deceived by a mighty power, who makes man believe, we know it all. We forget that there is an Almighty One. The One who created the mighty one which deceives man.

He that lives within you is stronger than he who lives in the world and in higher places.

Look and see. Ask and ask and ask, until we truly see and hear. Stop trusting in our knowledge of the flesh, and start trusting our spirit to and in Him to receive what we've been given
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)


I do not disregard your beliefs and understanding of what is needed. However, as time has proven, there are many discrepancies, contradictions in many if not all of the Worlds major theological belief systems, from their orgins, misinterpretations from their original languages in translation. It was a man, a King who put together the Bible as we know it back in roughly 343AD. Many scriptures were thrown away or just discarded because they did not conform to the thinking of THAT day, THAT time in history.

I am not here to bash religion. But, it seems to have disappointed us, and hope seems to be vanishing on the re-appearance of a God. If ever there was a time to come back, now is the time. In the meantime, people continue to see flaws, hypocracy and contridictions, hence a lack of faith, and the search for alternatives to the meaning of life, why are we here, and if there really is a purpose, or is all of this just a simple chance of luck that life evolved, perhaps out of pure luck? I don't know, but I am questioning, why?





new topics
top topics
 
10
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join