It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Interview with Syrian doctor on front lines of suspected chemical attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ann Curry interviewed a doctor on the front lines of the Syrian gas attack and he says hospitals have counted 10,220 people affected, and of those 1,466 people died.

Of the 1,466 dead most of them are children..

Ann: "Are you saying children were the first to be affected in this attack?"

Doctor: "Yes. They have small bodies. This is the reason the percentage of children is higher."

Ann: "Are you saying most of the 1,466 who died were children?"

Doctor: "Most of the victims are children. Children. You must choose between the mother and her child.. One to give manual ventilation and the other to die."

I think it might be time to step in and get Assad out and if this all turns out to be true(which I think it is) I think they will.

that is to many dead children for the international community to ignore

Today, a Syrian doctor who treated hundreds of people in Wednesday's attack on the outskirts of Damascus, told us area hospitals have counted 10,220 people affected, and of those 1,466 people died.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 23-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Mainstream media interview and source. What would be the logic in Assad and his forces utilizing this tactic and crossing the "red line"?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by astronomine
Mainstream media interview and source. What would be the logic in Assad and his forces utilizing this tactic and crossing the "red line"?

I don't know what he would have to gain. But this is being reported by everyone not just msm

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry to say but I do not trust anything that comes out of the MSM's mouth anymore. They have proven to be lackey's of TPTB again and again. And it's pretty clear TPTB want's a Syrian invasion ASAP. As bad as Assad is who can believe anything that comes from the CIA backed terrorist rebels? Not doubting the gas attack just the perpetrators.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That has to be factory production quality warheads? Sure not bathtub home-made garbage like the rebels have used or been caught with up to this point.

I think Assad's best move may be to do what Gadaffi did and demand the outside nations back off at the same time. Turn over the WMD...in total. To Russia, if it makes them feel better. Surrender 100% of it though if they honestly don't mean to use it so A.), no more can be used from any Government stockpile or depot and B.) if it's used, no question who did it.

I don't know what else to say if that's accurate. Just too many to be home made... Tokyo was a serious Sarin attack with homemade stuff and in an enclosed space no less. It killed 13 and injured over a thousand, by comparison. Proper Military stuff would be this scale, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Hi there.

This whole situation is fubar.

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23809409

We still have Russia saying it was rebels.

Despite a UN Inspection team being located almost 15 minutes away and NOT being aloud to inspect the area. Not being aloud to inspect by Assad... Hellooooo!? Russia!!??

I know there alies and there is not a lot of choice regarding leadership replacements etc, but when will they smell the coffee?

This is an absolute insane amount of deaths.

The only good argument I have heard concerning Assads regime not using the weapons was when press pointed out in an interview on TV (BBC News 24 on 23/08/2013)) stating that the Assad regime would not be stupid enougth to launch a chemical attack when UN inspectors are in close proximity, and maybe it was a loose cannon in the military who carried out an unauthorised attack.

But that was speculation on behalf of the news-reader.

eee.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

I kinda small some off about this.

As why would Assad used chemical weapons? He knows it is sucide!

Rebels have more to gain in this.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
A
I think it might be time to step in and get Assad out and if this all turns out to be true(which I think it is) I think they will.

So you willing to pick up a gun and go in first? Cause I sure as hell wont.

Let the middle east sort out ther own issues for once. That why most muslims are trying kills in the first place cause we keep interfering! And any our westen attempts at nation building end up with dead kids anyway.

edit on 23-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by goou111
A

So you willing to pick up a gun and go in first? Cause I sure as hell wont.

Let the middle east sort out ther own issues for once. That why most muslims are trying kills in the first place cause we keep interfering! And any our westen attempts at nation building end up with dead kids anyway.

edit on 23-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

nope lol.
But if chemical weapons start getting used that is just bad for everyone.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's some other recent tweets

US making initial preparations for cruise missile strikes vs Syria; president would have to order this, which is unlikely

Obama admin appears to be debating what military action to take against Syria; not really debating if anymore - @chucktodd

Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. Martin Dempsey expected to present options for Syria strike at White House meeting tomorrow

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
That has to be factory production quality warheads? Sure not bathtub home-made garbage like the rebels have used or been caught with up to this point.

I think Assad's best move may be to do what Gadaffi did and demand the outside nations back off at the same time. Turn over the WMD...in total. To Russia, if it makes them feel better. Surrender 100% of it though if they honestly don't mean to use it so A.), no more can be used from any Government stockpile or depot and B.) if it's used, no question who did it.

I don't know what else to say if that's accurate. Just too many to be home made... Tokyo was a serious Sarin attack with homemade stuff and in an enclosed space no less. It killed 13 and injured over a thousand, by comparison. Proper Military stuff would be this scale, IMHO.

I may be wrong but isn't it expected 400 rockets were "lost" in Libya to many of the same rebels?
I am completely skeptical of this partially due to the last four events involving these same rebels in other countries. The MSM and US government has tried intervention in Libya and Egypt and in both cases the replacements that the administration supported turned out to be worse than their predecessors.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

I may be wrong but isn't it expected 400 rockets were "lost" in Libya to many of the same rebels?

Yes, I seem to recall that too and why I worded what I said carefully. I'm not blaming Assad, but Chems have been used with real warheads. No one seems to dispute that. Okay....his weapons aren't safe deterrent anymore. Time to give them up...for that reason. The rebels have had all those they can use (and may just have for some). If Assad gives them up, as a responsible nation should, the rebels can't much use theirs without inviting the world down on them in the aftermath.

No arguing who did it then, is what I meant, right? Either way, allowing these was always playing with fire for the world. All these years of watching it. Now it's burned... Russia ought to convince him to give them up in that direction. Russia can destroy them as well as we could and we shouldn't have the headache anyway, to be honest.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The people saying that this may have been a rebel psyop have a compelling argument, as it happened so close to UN inspectors, it's a 'red line' (rofl), ect. I wouldn't put this sort of act past certain rebel factions and rebel-alligned groups like AQ in Iraq and Nusra.

But, imo, that's unlikely as the sheer scale of the thing strikes me as something they simply wouldn't be capable of pulling off.

As a previous poster said, this may well have been a desperate, unauthorized move by somebody within the SAA, perhaps not expecting the kind of exposure it got, or the kind of death toll that we saw. I read somewhere that it was quite a windy day in the area - is it possible that the wind spread the gas farther than anyone might have expected?

Another possibility that strikes me as being as likely as the rebels in fact being behind it is perhaps an SAA double bluff.. Use the chems, at a suspicious time, in a suspicious manner, and basically game the media with the help of their Russian allies into thinking that it was done by the rebels.

I think no more highly of the SAA than the rebels - both sides have a whole lot of innocent blood on their hands and are the cause of untold suffering by Syrians just trying to live their lives. Both are responsible for documented atrocities and war crimes and both are complicit in the destruction of entire cities. Look at the before and after photos of Homs, the scale of this thing is insane.
edit on 8/23/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I seem to recall a recent thread that reported british chemical warfare teams going to neighbouring Jordan.....SAS I believe....
perfect false flag situation no?
Send in a few SAS to do the technical part and presto causus belli......
just sayin...

new topics

top topics

join