It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baphomet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Word comes from AD-VERS

www.merriam-webster.com...
ad·verse
adj ad-ˈvərs, ˈad-ˌ
Definition of ADVERSE
: acting against or in a contrary direction : hostile
a : opposed to one's interests ; especially :

As you can see it's AD and VERS.

dj ad-ˈvərs, ˈad-ˌ

Can you see it, should I enlarge it for you ?

dictionary.reference.com...
Word Origin & History

adverse
late 14c., from O.Fr. avers (Mod.Fr. adverse), from L. adversus "turned against," thus "hostile," pp. of advertere, from ad- "to" + vertere "to turn" (see versus).

It's where the word version derives from.

edit on 7-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Word comes from AD-VERS

It would have been nice if you were not so disengenious and included the bottom portion of your link:

Origin of ADVERSE
Middle English, from Anglo-French advers, from Latin adversus, past participle of advertere

As you can see it's AD and VERS.

As everyone can see your Latin blows giant mules so I need to keep showing you the eytomolgy of Latin-based words.

Can you see it, should I enlarge it for you ?

Yes, please. Can you specifically highlight the area about the word's Latin origins? Thank you for being so gracious.

Ad + verse = add-a-verse. Har.

edit on 7-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Looks like you are wrong again.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Looks like you are wrong again.

Yeah, I can really see where the definition says it means 'add-a-verse' or 'add-a-version'. Yup. You got me.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's what the word means.

Verter =version
Ad= to add.

Here it is:

ad- "to" + vertere "to turn" (see versus)

Version=to turn

dictionary.reference.com...
[C17: from extro- (variant of extra- , contrasting with intro- ) + -version, from Latin vertere to turn]

Version.

www.thefreedictionary.com...
[French, from Old French, act of turning, from Medieval Latin versi, versin-, from Latin versus, past participle of vertere, to turn; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.]

As I was saying "AD-ON-IS" "AD-VERS-ARY" to ad on, another version.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's what the word means.

Verter =version
Ad= to add.

Uh, no. 'Vertere', from 'verto' in Latin means 'to turn'. Not version. It does not even meant that in Italian which you do not also speak.

Here it is:

I always find it amusing when you tell me what I just told you.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It seems I am a glutton for Fruitless Endeavors!
But I'll try one more time.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is the definition of version.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

VERSION
[French, from Old French, act of turning, from Medieval Latin versi, versin-, from Latin versus, past participle of vertere, to turn; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.]

I always find it amusing when you tell me what I just told you.

you find it amusing when you are wrong ?

And that comes from ? Where does versus come from ?
Does it come from vertere ?

Latin versus, past participle of vertere, to turn;

As I was saying "ADONIS" "ADVERSARY"

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

No, no and no.

Enki is not the female version of Enlil.
Enki was the MALE god, of mishchief and craftsmanship, and water.
Contrary to popular belief, he was not a God of wisdom, but a God of creation (craftsmanship).
Enki's female aspect is Ereshkigal, the Queen of the Underworld.
Her Egyptian equivalent is Maat.
His Egyptian name was Ptah.
Two other Egyptian aspects of his, that came later, are Osiris and Seker. Ptah is the living creator, Osiris is the mummified God, and Seker is his resurrection.

Enlil is equal to Set, who became Yahweh to the Israelites.

Jesus is equal to Marduk and Horus.
Jesus came as a King.
His temptation in the desert was carried out by the God of wisdom.
It was His loyalty to His Father that was tested - His Father Ptah.

Again, in an effort to show you the complexity of these relationships, you also need to understand that Jesus (Lucifer) ALSO held some loyalty to Yahweh. This is a matter of respect, as he was the head of the pantheon.

So yes, while he sought to claim the Kingdom, he also sought to teach respect.

Summation: Three different deities. Yahweh does not equal Satan in any way. Lucifer does not equal Satan in any way.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Enki is not the female version of Enlil.
Enki was the MALE god, of mishchief and craftsmanship, and water.

Enlil and Enki are one and the same.

Contrary to popular belief, he was not a God of wisdom, but a God of creation (craftsmanship).

en.wikipedia.org...
Considered the master shaper of the world, god of wisdom and of all magic, Enki was characterized as the lord of the Abzu (Apsu in Akkadian), the freshwater sea or groundwater located within the earth. In the later Babylonian epic Enûma Eliš, Abzu, the "begetter of the gods", is inert and sleepy but finds his peace disturbed by the younger gods so sets out to destroy them.

www.ancientsites.com...
Ea/Enki is also known as, "Lord of the sweet waters that flow under the earth", he is the god of wisdom and water.

Enki's female aspect is Ereshkigal, the Queen of the Underworld.
Her Egyptian equivalent is Maat.
His Egyptian name was Ptah.

Ereshkigal other half is someone else but I'll leave you to discover it by your self, I posted enough information as it is, I find it that I can post this, this is no secret, it's public history, anyone should know it's history, or we are bound to "repeat " the same mistakes again.

Two other Egyptian aspects of his, that came later, are Osiris and Seker. Ptah is the living creator, Osiris is the mummified God, and Seker is his resurrection.

Orisis and seth are one and the same it is enki and enlil

Enlil is equal to Set, who became Yahweh to the Israelites.

That is correct, and Orisis to Enki, the lord of the underworld abzu.

Jesus came as a King.
His temptation in the desert was carried out by the God of wisdom.
It was His loyalty to His Father that was tested - His Father Ptah.

Jesus was not a king, he turned the king ship down, Horus wanted the crown, mainly because Seth god a hold of him paying him around.

preachersfiles.com...
Did Satan have the power to give Jesus the kingdoms of the world? But in what sense did Satan mean he would give Jesus these kingdoms? Did he mean that Jesus would be allowed to rule as an earthly king over the entire world? Or did he mean that he simply wouldn’t interfere in whatever Jesus had planned? Luke’s account records Satan as saying, “All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it” (Luke 4:6). Satan offered Jesus the power and the glory of all the kingdoms of the world.

Again, in an effort to show you the complexity of these relationships, you also need to understand that Jesus (Lucifer) ALSO held some loyalty to Yahweh. This is a matter of respect, as he was the head of the pantheon.

No Jesus was anti Yahweh. Yahweh is the one with glory and honor, Yahweh offers Jesus the kingdom, it is Yahweh who is behind it, Jesus turns him down.

Summation: Three different deities. Yahweh does not equal Satan in any way. Lucifer does not equal Satan in any way.

It does, the good part and the bad part. What is so hard to understand, Yahweh is the same saturnial deity, the 7th day the sabath, Saturday(saturn)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with this!

Under no circumstances are Enlil and Enki the same deity.
Nowhere in the historical record is there any indication of this.
I think you are confusing them because many of the older myths repeated in the bible, combined the two Gods into one, in order to fit the monotheistic nature of Judaic religion. Which is why the Old Testament can be a little jumbled at times.
Saturn, Chronos - neither of those equal Yahweh.
The closest you will come to him in this reference zone, is Zeus.

Set and Osiris are NOT one and the same, again, there is absolutely nowhere in the historical record to support this.

As for Queen Ereshkigal, she is the twin aspect of Enki. You only need to study the Gilgamesh tablets in order to ascertain this.

Now to Jesus - he turned down an EARTHLY kingship, NOT the kingdom of Heaven. The testing was not done by Yahweh. It was done, as it always is, by the God of Wisdom.

Really, I encourage you to do better research. A little knowledge is the road to misunderstanding.

I recommend the works of Kramer, Jacobsen and Budge, for a solid background.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

And just one further point:

Adonis, Adversary, Adonai - not related.

Adonis = Dumuzi (Tammuz, Bacchus)
Adversary = Satan
Adonai = Lord.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Under no circumstances are Enlil and Enki the same deity.

How can't they be, they are twins.

Nowhere in the historical record is there any indication of this.

Because it is meant to be understood, it's a fable.

Saturn, Chronos - neither of those equal Yahweh.
The closest you will come to him in this reference zone, is Zeus.

Yahweh is the phonicial El, the Phonician El is Chronus, Zeus is something else, Jupiter "not saturn" He is the child of Saturn, he rebels against Saturn, how can Zeus be what you say, he is like Horus.

When Hellenes encountered Phoenicians and, later, Hebrews, they identified the Semitic El, by interpretatio graeca, with Cronus. The association was recorded ca. AD 100 by Philo of Byblos' Phoenician history, as reported in Eusebius' Præparatio Evangelica I.10.16.[13] Philo's account, ascribed by Eusebius to the semi-legendary pre-Trojan War Phoenician historian Sanchuniathon, indicates that Cronus was originally a Canaanite ruler who founded Byblos and was subsequently deified. This version gives his alternate name as Elus or Ilus, and states that in the 32nd year of his reign, he emasculated, slew and deified his father Epigeius or Autochthon "whom they afterwards called Uranus". It further states that after ships were invented, Cronus, visiting the 'inhabitable world', bequeathed Attica to his own daughter Athena, and Egypt to Thoth the son of Misor and inventor of writing.[14]

They can be indentified also by the planet they ruled.
El/chronus.

en.wikipedia.org...
It was a custom of the ancients in great crises of danger for the rulers of a city or nation, in order to avert the common ruin, to give up the most beloved of their children for sacrifice as a ransom to the avenging daemons; and those who were thus given up were sacrificed with mystic rites. Cronus then, whom the Phoenicians call Elus, who was king of the country and subsequently, after his decease, was deified as the star Saturn, had by a nymph of the country named Anobret an only begotten son, whom they on this account called Iedud, the only begotten being still so called among the Phoenicians; and when very great dangers from war had beset the country, he arrayed his son in royal apparel, and prepared an altar, and sacrificed him.

Set and Osiris are NOT one and the same, again, there is absolutely nowhere in the historical record to support this.

Orisis is the god of fertility and wisdom(ENKI) Same thing, Seth is the god of storms and desert(enlil)

As for Queen Ereshkigal, she is the twin aspect of Enki. You only need to study the Gilgamesh tablets in order to ascertain this.

No
it is not, I read the tablets.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

How can't they be, they are twins

No, they are not. Enki is firstborn. Enlil is second born. Echoed much later in the biblical story of Jacob and Esau.

Because it is meant to be understood, it's a fable

There is a huge difference between understanding the esoteric meaning, and just plain making it up as you go along.

Orisis is the god of fertility and wisdom(ENKI) Same thing, Seth is the god of storms and desert(enlil)

Osiris was not the God of wisdom. That was Thoth. But, you've almost correctly repeated back to me what I just told you myself.

No it is not, I read the tablets

Well, obviously, you haven't, as it is right there, in the beginning.

Yahweh is the phonicial El

See, now here is another area where more research would do wonders for you. El can be both specific and generic. This makes it particularly difficult to distinguish.

They can be indentified also by the planet they ruled.

Nope, not always. The planetary equivalents often shift, culture to culture. For instance, Thoth/Anubis had the moon for the Egyptians, and Mercury for the Romans.

One last note - you will find that Yahweh always has a bull associated with him. He has no connections to goats of any kind. He has no connection to the Baphomet drawing by Eliphas Levi.

Baphomet: Abu Fahamat - the father of understanding.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Tammuz is Osiris, he is killed by Ianna (Isis) In Egyptian culture he appears different, in the greek version she puts him in the Chest. (kills him) It's the same story only that in egyptian culture it would appear otherwise, but it has the same effect, he is resurected into the underworld, same story with Ianna who sends her husband into the underworld to take her place.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No, they are not. Enki is firstborn. Enlil is second born. Echoed much later in the biblical story of Jacob and Esau.

They are twins, twins are not born at the same time, they come one by one.

Osiris was not the God of wisdom. That was Thoth. But, you've almost correctly repeated back to me what I just told you myself.

He was the god of fertility, it's the same thing.

See, now here is another area where more research would do wonders for you. El can be both specific and generic. This makes it particularly difficult to distinguish.

They are all ruled by the same planet.

www.bible.ca...
Saturday = Saturn's day: named in honour of the Roman god Saturn.

Jehova's sabath=Saturday(saturn)

Roman god Saturn=Chronus, it's where the romans got the god from, from the Greeks, Roman saturn is greek chronus.

There is a saying everything go's on the "saturday's water"

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Tammuz is Osiris, he is killed by Ianna (Isis) In Egyptian culture he appears different, in the greek version she puts him in the Chest. (kills him) It's the same story only that in egyptian culture it would appear otherwise, but it has the same effect, he is resurected into the underworld, same story with Ianna who sends her husband into the underworld to take her place.

Tammuz is not Osiris - there are many, many, many dying and resurrecting gods. Not all of them share the same traits.

edit on 7-7-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They are twins, twins are not born at the same time, they come one by one.

No, they are not twins at all. Enki and Ereshkigal are the firstborn twins, who emanate at the initial separation between heaven and earth. Enlil and his sister come later, and from a different mother.

He was the god of fertility, it's the same thing.

No, it isn't the same thing at all. Some Gods contain both aspects, but this does not make them synonyms.

They are all ruled by the same planet

This means nothing on its own, seeing as the cosmologies of different cultures don't match up. You need to look at more than just the planetary affiliation.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The greek adonis is adonai, the lord "phonician" where the greeks got it from.

en.wikipedia.org...
Adonis (Phoenician "lord"), in Greek mythology, a favorite of Aphrodite, is a figure with Northwest Semitic antecedents, where he is a central figure in various mystery religions. The Greek Αδωνις (Greek pronunciation: [aˈdɔːnis]), Adōnis is a variation of the Semitic word Adonai, "lord", which is also one of the names used to refer to God in the Old Testament. Syrian Adonis is closely related to the Cypriot Gauas

Adonis and Osiris, adonis is Jehovah.

en.wikipedia.org...
estament. Syrian Adonis is closely related to the Cypriot Gauas[1] or Aos, to Egyptian Osiris, to the Semitic Tammuz and Baal Hadad, to the Etruscan Atunis and the Phrygian Attis, all of whom are deities of rebirth and vegetation.

Now for the stories, she weeps over adonis. She is the one who kills him by placing him into the chest sending him to the underworld.

www.utexas.edu...
I weep for Adonis, "The lovely Adonis is dead." "Dead the lovely Adonis," the Loves weep too.

No longer in crimson cover, Cypris, sleep. Arise in dark robes, and beat your breasts and say to all, "The lovely Adonis is dead."

Just like Isis weeping over Osiris, Isis killed Osiris, she resurects him into the underworld, Isis is controled by seth, Seth is really like a negative power. She is the Black widow.

We find the same story with Tammuz and Ianna, Ianna sending him into the underworld.
There are two personifications, a good side, Osiris, Adonis, and the bad part of Osiris, Adonis, just like Jehovah has it's dual part because of the Saturnial personification.

It's why Jehovah hates "Ashtera" his wife "known as the bush in the bible" He curses her.
Ashtara is the same entity, Isis, Ishtar, Venus.
Jehovah is not bad as a whole, just his dark side, but he falls into the underworld and is known as the lord of the underworld, with the empress or emperor, also dual, ruling him.

This is the story of star wars movie, with Lord Vader and the emperror, the Sith(seth) with the occult movie industry.

Anyways I look forward to debate with you, I enjoy doing so.
I await your response.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It's the same person, Ianna sends Tammuz into the underworld to spend half of year, he spends half into the underworld half above" "there for the return of Saturn" She is the one who sends him there.

Here is the story.

www.greek-gods.info...
When Adonis was an infant, Aphrodite put him in a chest and gave him to the Greek goddess of the Underworld, Persephone, to be taken care of.

It is her who places him into the chest, the same chest from the Egyptian mythology where Seth places Osiris.
You have to understand seth, Seth is like an uncle to everyone, a force. It is she who kills him then gives life to him every year. She is a bitch. Some name her queen bitch of the universe, this is a very large personification as she is not the mother goddess of the universe, but people name her that.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join