It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baphomet

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Venat is just like bruising...

But for some reason you can not find it in a Latin dictionary. Why is that?

Yeah, I know, "It is a Latin expression/proverb/saying" But for some reason YOU can not use it in a Latin sentence. Why is that?

Answer: It is all bullcrap, because you do not understand Latin.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It is not bull crap, Venat hunting is like bruising, it's a saying and it is what I have stated.
From Vin, vena venat.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

...it's a saying and it is what I have stated.

A saying of which you can neither use in a Latin sentence or find proof of. What famous person used this saying? Ciecro Invisiblus? Julius Non Existati? Marcus Fictitius? Oh, oh, I know, it Pepsella Fabricatus Habitualis.

The 'saying' does not exist and you can not prove that it does.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sure I can, from latin Vin, vena is venat, it's what a bruise is veins and blood.
Your statement with what you said just proves what I have said these words came from the same group.
It's what hunting means, think of it like gloomy red, a definition of a bruise from the notion of the dark red blood.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Sure I can...

No you can not. You are unable to us the 'saying' in a Latin sentence, therefore the 'saying' does not exist or you do not know Latin. Which is it? (Both)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yes I can, it's what a bruise is, blood and veins. Your definition provided from you just shows the words are related.
My statement was that hunting may mean a bruise because it's like a bruise.

edit on 27-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

My statement was that hunting may mean a bruise because it's like a bruise.

'My statement' 'may' mean? Really? From your choice of words it would seem that this is all your opinion, your personal interpretation of a language that you do not know and can not explain.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

From the dictionary:

www.websters-online-dictionary.org...
Specialty Definition: vena

vessel conducting blood from the capillary bed to the heart. (references)
Wikipedic According to Hinduism, Vena was a great king. However, he decided to become a Jain and thus became evil and corrupt. The world became so gloomy and dark that the earth-goddess Bhumidevi decided that she would not provide crops to mankind anymore. She took form as a cow and went into hiding. Meanwhile, a group of Rishis kill Vena out of anger. They then rub the thigh of his corpse, and take out all the evil from his body. Afterwards they rubbed Vena's arm to create a purely good being. This being was Vishnu incarnate, and as soon as he was born, Vishnu's Sharanga bow fell from heaven into his hands. However, Bhumidevi still refused to give crops to Man. As soon as Prithu threatened to kill her, she gave in, but in return Prithu would be her eternal guardian. This is why Bhumidevi is also known as Prithvi. (references)

It's the meaning of the words.

Vena, Venat, Venator this all interpret a dark meaning that have to do with dark red blood.

What I have stated that hunting may be like a bruise because it's dark, like a bruise is, from veins and blood the definition of a bruise.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What I have stated that hunting may be like a bruise...

Or it 'may be' that you invented it all as nothing you have psoted says 'venat-' equals 'bruise'.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I most suretenly do not agree with you, it does mean so, it's what a bruise is, blood and veins.
The word you posted just shows they are related.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The word you posted just shows they are related.

Really? Did you see a dictionary entry that confirms what you say? Thought not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'll stick by my statement, venat is like a bruise, because it comes from vin, vena. blood and veins the definition of a bruise.

That is Vena-t from Vena.

I never stated it meant exactly a bruise, but it's like a bruise, it's a term used.
It's exactly when you taste something and say it tastes like s##t, the word would be "bad" in this case, but S##t may be used. It's a meaning. Because S##t is bad, and bad is S##t. There for Venat comes from vin and vena and it is why it is considered like a bruise, because it's like dark red blood, how a bruise is.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'll stick by my statement...

You do that, and I will stick by the dictionary and reason.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You do that, remember venat comes from Vin and Vena, and it is why the words are similar to the word bruise.
If you had my years you would understand. The hunted, the hunt, hunter, hunting all bear the same notion.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

...remember venat comes from Vin and Vena...

Nah. I am going to try and forget all the Ficto-Latin, it has no purpose in the real world.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's not ficto latin, it's what a bruise is, blood and veins, from latin vin, vena where you get venat from.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's not ficto latin...

Ex quo tempore Latine Fictine discis?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Stop priding your self with a book in your hand reciting from it. Overall stop priding your self with a language that distorted facts and covered everything like a mask.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Stop priding your self with a book in your hand reciting from it.

Non est cur metuas. Latine te loqui oportet, quotienscumque occasio data erit.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Age qvod agis bene, Pepsilla –

Etiam cave qvid dicis, qvando, et cvi – cogitaqve ante salis…cvm Latine nescias, nolo manvs meas in te macvlare.

Avt disce avt discede propterea qvod data non mentivntvr, sed homines ignorantes bene mentivntvr de rebis veris -

Tene in memoriam tvam quid Syrvs dicebat – vide licet gratis – ‘bis intermitvr qvi svis armis perit.’

Cvr etiam hic es?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join