It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baphomet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I worship the one everliving God, creator of Heaven and Earth, Almighty Father.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomb_of_lazarus
is jahbulon concitered as baphomet the god the knights templar were known for worshipping

it was a head, some people say it was a horn god thats holding the caduceus, the symbol of hermes

with all due respect...who cares about this stuff now, and how does it affect the present day and the people living in 2011?
history does give us guiding principles, but this i fail to see any use for.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by pepsi78

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
redacted. not enough fact checking

edit on 6-7-2011 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by pepsi78

I am not familiar with that picture, that symbol, or that name. Could you explain it in a masonic context so I can try to understand your point?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

en.wikipedia.org...
Jahbulon (or Jabulon) is a word which was used historically in some rituals of Royal Arch Masonry. According to Francis X. King, it is also used in Ordo Templi Orientis rituals.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
Jahbulon (or Jabulon) is a word which was used historically in some rituals of Royal Arch Masonry. According to Francis X. King, it is also used in Ordo Templi Orientis rituals.

Oh, so it's used in York Rite degrees. I am not in the York Rite. We have never talked about that in any Scottish Rite degrees to my knowledge. ( I say that because it may be there and I missed it)
I am also not a member of the OTO. (that is a completely separate group)

So what was it you were trying to get across with that picture?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Oh, so it's used in York Rite degrees. I am not in the York Rite. We have never talked about that in any Scottish Rite degrees to my knowledge. ( I say that because it may be there and I missed it)
I am also not a member of the OTO. (that is a completely separate group)

So what was it you were trying to get across with that picture?

York rite is an official body of masonry, plus it is used in rituals.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

but I am confused. I may never join the York Rite. Many masons may never join the Scottish Rite. I don't see what you are trying to say here. Do you think the picture you posted is proof of devil worship? Is it proof of Goat Head Worship? I truly am not seeing your point at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

My point that it is part of the masonic ritual, the rite is an official body of masonry.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No mason, no lodge, has anything to do with anything called a baphomet...

Medha (Sanskrit) Intelligence, vigor, vitality; ability connected with the ideas of intellectual activity.

Bhava (Sanskrit) [from the verbal root bhu to be, become] Being; coming into existence, birth, production, origin; worldly existence, the world. As used in Buddhist literature, the continuity of becoming, one of the links in the twelvefold chain of causation (nidanas), therefore also birth. As the third nidana, bhava is the karmic agent which leads every new sentient being to be born in this or another mode of existence in the trailokya and gatis.

As a proper noun, the name of a deity, also applied as a title to the gods Agni, Siva, and Rudra. See also ABHAVA

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by cusanus
Doesn't anyone know how to use Google? That's about the best way to research topics these days...

I do!!!!

I typed 'christian fundementalist nonesense' and was reminded of the absolute certainty of their intolerance and arrogance.

www.theosociety.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

My point that it is part of the masonic ritual, the rite is an official body of masonry.

OK, I will try this the slow way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats46882_jah_bul_on.jpg[/atsimg]

what masonic significance does or should this image have on me? What significance should it have on a York Rite mason, as opposed to a Scottish Rite Mason?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Were not talking about you, were talking about masonry.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

OK, I will try this the slow way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats46882_jah_bul_on.jpg[/atsimg]

what masonic significance does or should this image have on me? What significance should it have on a York Rite mason, as opposed to a Scottish Rite Mason?

Midrash (Hebrew) [from darash to search out, inquire] Any exegetical exposition, interpretation, or commentary treating of the Jewish scriptures; often used in the plural, Midrashim.

Midgard-serpent. See IORMUNGANDR
www.theosociety.org...
Midrash (Hebrew) [from darash to search out, inquire] Any exegetical exposition, interpretation, or commentary treating of the Jewish scriptures; often used in the plural, Midrashim.

Also used for a certain body of Jewish expository literature, which is divided into two classes: Halachah, dealing with legal and ritual matters, flourishing particularly in the schools, where it often developed into casuistry; and Haggadah, writings on any other theme, generally dealing with traditions, stories, legends, allegories, and history.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

edit on 7/6/11 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

OK, I am a mason. I am asking you why you posted that picture. I will ask one more time.
Why did you post that picture?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

I am not ignoring your posts, but I am having a real hard time understanding what you are trying to convey. With me, you need to dumb it down a bit.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Are you asking for a direct answer with a cogent comment? From past posts, normal communication (IE relevant responses) with this poster are not possible. Sentence fragments, a different topic, and/or random nonsense constitute the usual response. Poster can only deflect, ignore, redirect , or type non-sequitars in response to direct questions.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by nii900

I am not ignoring your posts, but I am having a real hard time understanding what you are trying to convey. With me, you need to dumb it down a bit.
www.asteriskvoipnews.com...
CERN Uses WiFi Meshing Networking to Solve Universal Problems

Note: It's nice to see technologies giving each other a helping hand :]

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

I am actually interested in finding out the significance of this to masonry. I thought pepsie actually knew something about it, but I guess I was wrong. And no offence to the other poster but I cannot follow that information.

I do know many different religions have many different names for God, and all are fine as long as it God that is being mentioned. I think the idea of God is universally understood regardless of his title. ( and I say "his" for lack of a better way to comprehend the power of God)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join