It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baphomet

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Pepsi, listen to me:

The compiler of the book of the prophet Hezekiel did not write 'the house of the LORD' he wrote the paleoHeb. "Bayit-YHWH", i.e. temple of YHWH (literally, 'YHWH's house')

That is to day, we are not talking about The LORD here, but specifically, the post exilic clan god Yahweh, whose attributes are directly related to ASHUR, the clan god of the Assyrians who invaded Eretz Yisro'el c. 722 BCE and planted their own Assyrian peiople and priests of ASHUR in the northern 'kingdom' near Shomeron (= Samaria) having deported anyone who could read and write and work in metals (i.e. priests and alchemists) and foster a rebellion) into Assyria - i.e. the 10 lost tribes of Yisro'el...who by the way, never came back, but melded into Assyrian culture where their very mixed-blood descendants are to this day...

The expression you used (i.e. 'The LORD' ) is an English paraphrase, and is merely the King James 1611 way of avoiding writing the name YHWH/YAHWEH outright, in the same way the Greek Septuaginta (LXX) and the other ancient Greek translations of the Hebrew Scriptures (many of which were based on older consonantal Hebrew MSS than the Masoretic, by the way (e.g. the Greek of Aquilla's translation, or of Symmachus or of Theodotion, all based on earlier and quite distinct (non matching) Hebrew text traditions) used to use the two words in Greek HO KURIOS whenever they came to the Tetragrammaton (name of the god YHWH, aka HaShem) in their own Hebrew and Aramaic textual underlays (Vorlagen) they were translating from.

So avoid using ther term The LORD in these discussions - it just makes you even more confused than you are already.

Instead, try to use YHWH or if you want to spell it out in full, use Yahweh.

But do not quote from bad English translations, for pity's sake - it only makes you more confused about the basics of this discussion than you already are !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Pepsi, listen to me:

The compiler of the book of the prophet Hezekiel did not write 'the house of the LORD' he wrote the paleoHeb. "Bayit-YHWH", i.e. temple of YHWH (literally, 'YHWH's house')

That is to day, we are not talking about The LORD here, but specifically, the post exilic clan god Yahweh, whose attributes are directly related to ASHUR, the clan god of the Assyrians who invaded Eretz Yisro'el c. 722 BCE and planted their own Assyrian peiople and priests of ASHUR in the northern 'kingdom' near Shomeron (= Samaria) having deported anyone who could read and write and work in metals (i.e. priests and alchemists) and foster a rebellion) into Assyria - i.e. the 10 lost tribes of Yisro'el...who by the way, never came back, but melded into Assyrian culture where their very mixed-blood descendants are to this day...

Ok and how does that dispove anything, this was just a clan ?

The expression you used (i.e. 'The LORD' ) is an English paraphrase, and is merely the King James 1611 way of avoiding writing the name YHWH/YAHWEH outright, in the same way the Greek Septuaginta (LXX) and the other ancient Greek translations of the Hebrew Scriptures (many of which were based on older consonantal Hebrew MSS than the Masoretic, by the way (e.g. the Greek of Aquilla's translation, or of Symmachus or of Theodotion, all based on earlier and quite distinct (non matching) Hebrew text traditions) used to use the two words in Greek HO KURIOS whenever they came to the Tetragrammaton (name of the god YHWH, aka HaShem) in their own Hebrew and Aramaic textual underlays (Vorlagen) they were translating from.

Then you also Agree that it was first EL-YON, EL-OHA and EL-YAHWEH, same as ADON, it's the same definition. What you say does not disprove anything at all. It does not only go by the name of YAHWEH, but different names, Elyon, Adonai. I am not confused about anything.

So avoid using ther term The LORD in these discussions - it just makes you even more confused than you are already.

No I am not confused, the NAME YAHWEH comes from cannan/phonicia, it's where it has developed.

Instead, try to use YHWH or if you want to spell it out in full, use Yahweh.

en.wikipedia.org...
The archaeological evidence suggests that the greater part of the population of Israel was of Canaanite origin; given this, one would expect the Israelites to worship a Canaanite god, but in the West Semitic world Yahweh was not worshiped outside Israel.[16] (West Semitic is the family of languages to which Hebrew belongs, along with Phoenician, Edomite, Moabite and a few others; they were similar enough to be mutually intelligible).[17]

Etymology

Most scholars accept that YHWH is made up of Y, meaning "he", plus a form of HWY, the root of a group of words connected with "being" and "becoming". Frank Moore Cross has suggested that the name Yahweh was originally combined with El as "El-Yahweh", like "El-Shaddai" and "El-Elyon" - El was the chief god of the Canaanite pantheon, and El-Yahweh is still found in a few places in the Old Testament (in psalm 50:1, for example). It would have originated as a description of El's appearance and blessing: "El who shows himself".[19] The author of Exodus 3:13–15 gives a similar explanation: God, asked by Moses for his name, provides three names: "I Am That I Am", followed by "I Am," and finally "YHWH":

The name comes from Phonicia/cannan as I stated, From EL and ADON.

edit on 17-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Here we go again, Pepsi78

The name of the post exilic clan god of Israel 'YHWH' (or YAHWEH) is related etymologically to the verb 'to be' or 'to live' apparently, but NO ONE (not even the Rebbes) knows for sure. It bears NO relation grammatically to EL ELYON (which is an ancient Cannanite clan god) or EL SHADDAI (another Cannanite clan god) despite the Persian Period late Editor (Ezra?) adding the phrase 'originally I revealed myself to your fathers as EL ELYON and El Shaddai etc. - this is a later gloss using a syncrestic technique of joining separate ancient cults together like the originally separate Egyptian gods Amun and Re becoming one composite god Amun-Re after their cults were joined into a single priesthood etc.

The same kind of syncrestic joining of various distinct god-cults happened all over the ancient Levant, and also in Canaan/Palestine/Yisro'el/Judah etc. especially during the Persian period (BCE 531-331) when the 'Torah' and most of the Hebrew Scriptures were re-copied using Ezra's imported new Aramaic lettering system which replaced the older Phoenecian Horned Letters (c. 440 BCE)

In the late Masoretic version of Exodus chapter 3 the name of the clan god seems to be something like [ALEPH-HE-YOD-HE] 'Heyei' as in Heyei ASHER Heyei - (literally, I am ASHUR I am), So it was originally NOT written as YHWH at all, but 'AHYH' only later in the verse to be morphed into YHWH.

Or it could also be (depending on what vowells you insert !) 'Heyei ASHER Heyei ('I AM who I AM' in other words, it would mean, colloquially, ''Mind your own damned Business, I'm NOT going to telling you my real name !')

Here is a sampling of the paleoHeb MT text for you to look at from the (in places) impossibly ungrammatical (or at least 'difficult') paleoHebrew in Exod. chapter 3

"And Mosheh spoke unto ELOHIM saying, When I approach the Sons of Yisro'el andd tell them, the clan-god of your fathers has sent me to you...and when they ask me, so what is his Name then, what then shall I say to them?

וַיֹּאמֶר מֹשֶׁה אֶל-הָאֱלֹהִים, הִנֵּה אָנֹכִי בָא אֶל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְאָמַרְתִּי

לָהֶם, אֱלֹהֵי אֲבוֹתֵיכֶם שְׁלָחַנִי אֲלֵיכֶם; וְאָמְרוּ-לִי מַה-שְּׁמוֹ, מָה אֹמַר אֲלֵהֶם.

And Elohim spoke to Mosheh saying, 'I AM [ASHER] I AM'; and said: 'Thus you will tell the sons of Yisro'el that I AM hath sent me unto you

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה; וַיֹּאמֶר, כֹּה תֹאמַר לִבְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶהְיֶה, שְׁלָחַנִי אֲלֵיכֶם

So be very careful about the original meaning of YHWH - AHYH - from what we can see from Assyrian inscriptions (discovered recently) the name YHWH (and its cognates) is NOT Cannanite at all, but Syrian or Assyrian (some would post Akkadian) i.e. from the east during the invasions of the more sophisticated empires into Eretz Yisroel between BCE 721 and BCE 331...

But more on this later - I have to catch a plane, alas !!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The name of the post exilic clan god of Israel 'YHWH' (or YAHWEH) is related etymologically to the verb 'to be' or 'to live' apparently, but NO ONE (not even the Rebbes) knows for sure. It bears NO relation grammatically to EL ELYON (which is an ancient Cannanite clan god) or EL SHADDAI (another Cannanite clan god) despite the Persian Period late Editor (Ezra?) adding the phrase 'originally I revealed myself to your fathers as EL ELYON and El Shaddai etc. - this is a later gloss using a syncrestic technique of joining separate ancient cults together like the originally separate Egyptian gods Amun and Re becoming one composite god Amun-Re after their cults were joined into a single priesthood etc.

It does bear, you are reading between the lines. Wake up Elyon is used in the bible.

Yahweh and the Gods of Canaan – An Historical Analysis of Two Contrasting Faiths (1968),[7] which insisted on the essential otherness of Yahweh from the Canaanite gods from the very beginning of Israel's history. However, scholars of the Ancient Near East have since seen Yahweh worship as emerging from a West Semitic and Canaanite background.[8][9] Theophoric names, names of local gods similar to Yahweh, and archaeological evidence are used along with the Biblical source texts to describe pre-Israel origins of Yahweh worship, the relationship of Yahweh with local gods, and the manner in which Yahweh worship evolved into Jewish monotheism.

There is arhological evidence to sustain the claim.

names of local gods similar to Yahweh, and archaeological evidence are used along with the Biblical source texts to describe pre-Israel origins of Yahweh worship, the relationship of Yahweh with local gods, and the manner in which Yahweh worship evolved into Jewish monotheism.

In the late Masoretic version of Exodus chapter 3 the name of the clan god seems to be something like [ALEPH-HE-YOD-HE] 'Heyei' as in Heyei ASHER Heyei - (literally, I am ASHUR I am), So it was originally NOT written as YHWH at all, but 'AHYH' only later in the verse to be morphed into YHWH.

It does not matter if it was not writen as YHWH, they translated the name, it's what it means, from a long form to a shorter form.

None of what you say makes any sense, it's just a bunch of non sense.
You did the same thing with Lucifer, you don't even know what Lucifer stands for, you came up with the light bringer.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"...an full open minded will asimilate anything, even if it's not the truth." Wow, quite a telling phrase. Opinions are one matter. Illogical, fragmented and sometimes frighteningly poor grammatical responses that do not address the issue in question don't assuage reader's suspicions regarding the commonly acknowledged normal mental state and sanity of some posters. Mental imbalance takes all forms folks.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"There is arhological evidence to sustain the claim. " There is no English language precedent that even correlates to that statement. Typical ............

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
reply to post by pepsi78

"...an full open minded will asimilate anything, even if it's not the truth." Wow, quite a telling phrase. Opinions are one matter. Illogical, fragmented and sometimes frighteningly poor grammatical responses that do not address the issue in question don't assuage reader's suspicions regarding the commonly acknowledged normal mental state and sanity of some posters. Mental imbalance takes all forms folks.

It is true, so they say be to open minded and your mind will fall off, or that you do not exist anymore as an entity.

Moderation comes from between the two sides, the truth is always found within the moderation, it's how I see it.
Moderation would be the middle point of two sides. It's good to be open minded but not jump over the fence, you would be amased what closed minded people can do, they are called "introverts" and rather expiriancing the outside they explore their selfs closed down inside. There is alot of introverts but there is a special class that are 2% or 3% of the population, very rare. They are very shy people aslo and very gifted, very very inventive.

Here you go:
giftedkids.about.com...

This idea with open minded came from the west, it became a trend "to be open minded" it became a slang.
You come to a point where you are so open minded that you forget to care at all, you become an ass.
Open would mean intake of large proportions without a filter, from a virgin to a large thing.
From a perspective I see the Virgin more agile than somebody that is open, a fast pasted person.

Open=OLD

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by pepsi78

"There is arhological evidence to sustain the claim. " There is no English language precedent that even correlates to that statement. Typical ............

There is plenty of evidence to sustain the claim, forms of Yahweh have been used in Canaan/Phonicia.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

ASHUR makes refrence to Asherah while YAHWEH was in good terms with her. She with Yahweh ruled the area as gods.

ELOHIM may mean many gods not one, it is sometimes used as plural.

So be very careful about the original meaning of YHWH - AHYH - from what we can see from Assyrian inscriptions (discovered recently) the name YHWH (and its cognates) is NOT Cannanite at all, but Syrian or Assyrian (some would post Akkadian) i.e. from the east during the invasions of the more sophisticated empires into Eretz Yisroel between BCE 721 and BCE 331...

Maybe it also has a connection to there where you say from no one is doubting that
It is Cannanite, the Phonician El is well documented. It's something you don't understand

YAHWEH
First letter Y=EL
EL means HIM HE.
ELO-HIM as in EL- O HIM .

Yisro'el comes from the same notion. Y=HIM/HE and finishes with HIM/He

All the angels finish with EL, MURI-EL, RAPHA-EL, AZAZ-EL and the list go's on

Even Satan finishes with EL the name SATAN'EL before it became SATAN it was an EL.
This is from Phonician masculine.EL

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Please try to relate to commonly accepted norms of communication and sanity. Where does "arhological " appear in any reasonable researchers dictionary? Can you even answer that?
I made a point that you were incapable of comprehending let alone addressing cogently. You see, making up words as well as nonsense and then defending it with even more bizarre and inarticulate responses only confirms suspicions of mental instability.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"There is arhological evidence to sustain the claim. " You mean to say that made up word is in English, or even from any other language on this planet?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by pepsi78

Please try to relate to commonly accepted norms of communication and sanity. Where does "arhological " appear in any reasonable researchers dictionary? Can you even answer that?
I made a point that you were incapable of comprehending let alone addressing cogently. You see, making up words as well as nonsense and then defending it with even more bizarre and inarticulate responses only confirms suspicions of mental instability.

It seem's H is him, but also the Y=HIM, as in "YEL" what is important is the "EL" That means masculine HIM, this can be tranced in Latin, and arabic.

For example:

en.wikipedia.org...
EL, El or el may refer to:

* el, the masculine singular definite article in Spanish

El in Latin would usualy mean him, tho it can variate in languages.

In turn ELA would mean HER and EL would mean HIM.
There is also EL AND EA, EA aslo used for HER.

This go's all over the world in langueges.

linguistics.byu.edu...
Another way in which the Slavs influenced the language of the Dacians of that time was pronunciation. Remembering that the Slavs had adopted the Latin spoken in that region, it is apparent that they would speak this second language with a quite heavy accent. The Romanian of today is pronounced somewhat differently than all of the other languages in its family. An example of pronunciation change that Niculescu gives is the yodization or palatalization of initial /e/ in the personal pronouns. Initial /e/ in most words is pronounced the same as in all Romance languages, but in the personal pronouns the sound has been palatalized, causing it to have an initial /y/ sound. So the word el (he) is pronounced /yel/ (49). Almost all of the linguists and historians who have studied this topic "uphold the idea that the Balkan and Slavic elements contributed to rounding off the individuality of Romanian as a Romance language" (Niculescu 48).

As you can see it was pronounced YEL with the Y in frond then it droped to EL, this is different cases for different langueges.

What you stated may be valid but it's also found in cannan and syria, the version found where you state it was found does not contradict anything, only adds to completion as bolth sources are valid

Here you go:

en.wikipedia.org...
n the Canaanite religion, or Levantine religion as a whole, Eli or Il was the supreme god,[2] the father of humankind and all creatures and the husband of the goddess Asherah as recorded in the clay tablets of Ugarit (modern Ras Shamra, Syria).[2]

The word El was found at the top of a list of gods as the Ancient of gods or the Father of all gods, in the ruins of the royal archive of the Ebla civilization, in the archaeological site of Tell Mardikh in Syria dated to 2300 BC. The bull was symbolic to El and his son Ba'al Hadad, and they both wore bull horns on their headdress. [3][4][5][6] He may have been a desert god at some point, as the myths say that he had two wives and built a sanctuary with them and his new children in the desert. El had fathered many gods, but most important were Hadad, Yam, and Mot.

AD-ON Wold come from him since EL=HIM EL=AD from "ADAM" because adam is an el, a him.

In fact the whole name makes sense, AD-AM as in AD-ON. AM=ON as in day, AM and PM.
Of course this last line is just my opinion, but what is sure that AD=EL as in masculine not sure about AM=ON.
So you got names like Adonis, Adonai

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
El in Latin would usualy mean him, tho it can variate in languages.

It does not. You are making things up again.

And 'variate' is a word typically used in statistical mathematics and it is completely out of context and improperly used in your sentence.

Edit to add: Before this turns into another pepsi educational tour-de-force I included a website that will help with declension and masculine suffixes. From Dummies.com, I felt it was an appropriate site to use.

edit on 17-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Thats very nice ! Are you able to address my comments? Rather than evade? Do you not invent words and expect others to be less inclined to believe in diminished mental acuity? Again, what is " arhological "? Do you even understand basic questions or is that too taxing?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It does not. You are making things up again.

Yes it does not, in Latin based langueges it does, EL=HIM.
See when you are right I can agree, when you are wrong there is no room for it.
What you say may be true but it is sustained in Latin based langueges, showing it's descent from other ancient cultures. It may not exist in classical latin, but it exists in other Latin based langueges.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomb_of_lazarus
is jahbulon concitered as baphomet the god the knights templar were known for worshipping

it was a head, some people say it was a horn god thats holding the caduceus, the symbol of hermes

I have read this 10 times and still do not know what it says..

really...is it me or what

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by pepsi78

Thats very nice ! Are you able to address my comments? Rather than evade? Do you not invent words and expect others to be less inclined to believe in diminished mental acuity? Again, what is " arhological "? Do you even understand basic questions or is that too taxing?

I did not evade anything, I am sorry for my spelling, were not taking an exam, I type fast. Archaeological it would mean.

Now what am I evading, ? I think I explained it to you.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"What you stated may be valid but it's also found in cannan and syria, the version found where you state it was found does not contradict anything, only adds to completion as bolth sources are valid " I myself posted nothing at all to that nature.!
What the hell are you addressing? Do you even know who you are addressing here or just typing more nonsense without reading anything? Just another "flag" about mental health. How many examples are needed?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I thought you were sustaining the guy in green, but now I understand that you are just wasting my time with nothing.

Thats very nice ! Are you able to address my comments? Rather than evade? Do you not invent words and expect others to be less inclined to believe in diminished mental acuity? Again, what is " arhological

Is this it, is this all you have to say ? I am sorry but this is just crap.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
First:

El in Latin would usualy mean him...

Then:

Yes it does not, in Latin based...

Latin and Latin-based are not the same thing. There is no word 'el' in Latin the describes a male. Latin nouns and adjectives use declension to signify gender. Anyone who can speak/read/understand Latin knows this.

See when you are right I can agree...

When it comes to you arguing Latin with me I am always right. Points like this only further reinforce the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join