It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and its Potential. The I "CANT" Edit My Aspirations Thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There are many birthdays this time of year, and well I have noticed that this is also a time for reflection. The "what the hell have you accomplished" time of year as well, we have 5 months until the new year, many people can lose track of what their plans were when the year began, and sometime just say, "so what? there is next year".

Here on ATS we have a fantastic family, when someone is in need we try to help, for families, anniversaries, birthdays, births, and even death. We have managed to respect each other, and show lots of support.

Soooooo..... I would like to start a I cant edit my aspirations thread. When we try to make plans, or make our new years resolutions, we can do it in our heads, keep a journal, tell a friend, but sometimes all we need is some support.

So I offer a chance to be as honest or open as you would like to be, and tell us what it is that you would hope to accomplish in the next 5 months, or before the holidays, or whatever makes you happy that you just havent had a chance to do, or your just not as energetic as you were about it before.

This way other members can offer support, suggestions, or even just check in on the ATS friends and see how their plans are going.

I added "I CANT EDIT" because you have to be thoughtful, and add as many posts as you want, but as you all know we have an "edit" window. That means that you can later come back here and see how you felt the day that you wrote the post, and what you have done so far, kind of like a time capsule.

So add anything you would like, like you want to start writing a book, you want to start a business, you want to learn a new language, etc,. I think this could be fun

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I am going to get my son through the first semester of his senior year at Texas Tech. And I won't kill him in the process. Not even when it feels so good to have my hands around his little pencil neck.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well...ah...yeah... great job there BFFT.

*preps the tranq dart full of ketamine*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am going to force no artificial expectations upon myself what so ever, nor am I going to allow anyone else to expect things of me, that I do not expressly indicate a willingness to participate in. I am going to resolutely refuse to make any type of deliberate progress, and will instead rely on dumb luck, brute force, no planning what so bloody ever, and make as little effort as possible to do anything remotely worthwhile.

I find I get more actual work done if I do not plan, do not strive, do not kill myself every day trying to alter the course of fate. Muddling through works an awful lot more of the time than trying to action plan everything. All that does is waste post it notes.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hmm as for me, I would like to upgrade my business. I keep having this feeling that if it gets to big I wont be able to handle it, but thats just me being scared.

I would like to give myself till the end of the year to do this, actually move my customer base up by 20%.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 23-8-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: I should also add recheck my posts for spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

if you don't mind sharing (even if by U2U), what kind of business?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I live adjacent to a factory town, where many people live in the country but work in the town with at least 20 factories, and they cannot leave the premises for lunch, and are forced to either bring lunch (which most dont), eat out of vending machines, or stay hungry.

In order for me to raise the money for this opportunity, I needed to find out how the factories worked, I was told by people, but everyone has their own story. So I applied at a temp agency and asked for only factory jobs.

I did this for a year. I spoke to everyone, brought samples in, and got to know as many people as I could. After my last job at the end of the year, I had saved almost all of my checks, bought everything I needed, and actually drew with markers my first flyer.

It was horrible (the flyer) but it worked! I was selling like it was no ones business! But unfortunately I was getting to many orders, and I couldnt do it alone. So I stopped for months, and I am just getting myself back out there. Yet I am scared that if I get to many orders again I will stop, so I keep finding excuses to not go out there.

I already have beautiful flyers, a Facebook page and everything, I just havent got off my ass yet. I am hoping that I can find it in me to do it, I know it will be difficult, but it has to be done, my birthday is in a few days, and I swore this time last year that I would have it done by now, hence me writing the thread.

So this is sort of my way to get it together, I mean sometimes we all need a boost

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Great thread idea, OP! It's true -- when you put your as-pirations out there, it boosts your commitment to actually do them. At worst, it's a chance for reflection when you revisit it later. Here goes:

1. I will actually finish -- I said "f-i-n-i-s-h" -- the sci-fi novel I've been writing for three years. The entire plot, sub-plots, characters and scene outlines are complete, and I've actually finished "wordsmithing" about 60-70% of it. 'Time to wrap it up and try to get it published.

2. I will continue to evolve as a person to be more forgiving, less angry, less frantic and generally more tolerant of myself and others.

3. I will perfect my camel spin, make my Axel jump consistent and try at least one new scary figure skating move that I haven't tried, yet.

The last one is actually the most daunting.

edit on 8/23.2013 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

top topics

join