It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘We Don’t Have an Urgent Deficit Crisis’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

It also helps to know that the President should know better than to obfuscate the truth in favor of his outrageous spending. It wasn't okay for Bush Jr to overspend and it's not ok for current occupant of WH either. The fact is, that current occupant promoted Marxist redistribution of wealth even while running for office but people were too dazed by his charm to understand. The other truth is that FDR's New Deal was the start of Marxist redistribution of wealth in the US under the guise of helping people, while the Federal Reserve Banks were stealing from the people in the form of inflation and fiat money.
People need to be better informed. Try G Edward Griffen and the Creature from Jekyll Island.
edit on 24-8-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Just because the government took in a certain amount in taxes does not mean it is okay. This is confiscation in the name of (fill in the blank with whatever program you like....Obamacare, Common Core Standards, HITECH, Planned Parenthood abortions, funds to Egypt to support the MB, you name it!).

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

that you will ever understand discretionary and mandatory spending

SIGH

My guess is you are not willing to understand the nature of Marxist redistribution of wealth by way of mandatory spending and confiscation through taxes and the hidden tax of inflation.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

Originally posted by neo96

No it hasn't how many times does this have to be said ?

Government spends more money than it takes in, and each year this consistently increased.

Then show me the source of this information.

I showed you the source that showed the budget deficit falling year after year under Obama...where is your proof that they have consistently increased under Obama?
YOU have to be TROLLING, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PropulsionYOU have to be TROLLING, right?

I dislike Obama too (I would rate Bush #3 and Obama #5 on a list of worst presidents of all time), but in the interest of fairness he HAS shrunk the deficit considerably despite a lot of fighting by congress to prevent it. It's one of very few beneficial things on his list of achievements.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Does this mean we're about to get a Cyprus style haircut? I'd like to know If I need to remove my money from my bank...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
[more

America is not a Nanny State.
Canada and the province of Ontari-owe are.
Move North for that experience.
If you feel taxes are high in the United States, we have you beaten hands down.
At least we have free health care, and the line ups in emergency rooms to prove it.......
edit on 25-8-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What strikes me most about threads such as this, is how those that make any accusation against the Obama administration use actual FACTS and legitimate references to back up their remarks, while those that defend him, use nothing other than their own opinion, with no facts to back that up.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Does this mean we're about to get a Cyprus style haircut? I'd like to know If I need to remove my money from my bank...

Hmmm.

All it would take is a 'declaration of dependence crisis' by the higher echelons of finance.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
All foreign aid should be cut now. We can not afford it. Imagine if we poured $50 billion in aid to Detroit this year... what would that look like?
edit on 25-8-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
What strikes me most about threads such as this, is how those that make any accusation against the Obama administration use actual FACTS and legitimate references to back up their remarks, while those that defend him, use nothing other than their own opinion, with no facts to back that up.

Honestly, are you kidding?

The fact is that the deficit is SHRINKING, I have provided many links, but since you seemed to have missed them, I will provide them again.

www.washingtontimes.com...
money.cnn.com...
www.politifact.com...
www.usgovernmentspending.com...

You have many in this thread claiming that the deficit is in increasing, I have asked for sources many times for them to back this up...and NOTHING.

Honestly, I can't wrap my head around the fact that you just said the complete opposite of what is actually happening in this thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

All foreign aid should be cut now. We can not afford it. Imagine if we poured $50 billion in aid to Detroit this year... what would that look like?
reply to post by ezwip

It would most probably look just like it does now. More money won't change people's behavior. It will just allow them to continue doing what they do all the time. After all, Detroit's most cherished "holiday" is "Devil's Night", where the animals go out and burn down homes, just for fun. Detroit got just what it deserved. Let it rot.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Hmmm.

All it would take is a 'declaration of dependence crisis' by the higher echelons of finance.

Still trying to push the lie that the 2009 budget was Obama?

Pure intellectual dishonesty, I am very surprised by the lack of integrity here.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The fact is that the deficit is SHRINKING, I have provided many links, but since you seemed to have missed them, I will provide them again.

Show me ANYWHERE that I said that the deficit is shrinking. What I said, is that although the deficit may be shrinking, we are still spending more money than we take it, and THAT is adding to the national DEBT.
Saying the deficit is shrinking is like saying that the patient isn't bleeding as badly as he/she did early. The fact is, that UNLESS the deficit is ELIMINATED, the patient, namely the US, will still BLEED TO DEATH. It will just be a slightly slower DEATH, but it will still be a DEATH.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Still trying to push the lie that the 2009 budget was Obama?

Pure intellectual dishonesty, I am very surprised by the lack of integrity here.

'Technically', based on the fiscal year, it could only be 3/4 Obama's.

But Obama signed the Democrat Congress budget bill from 2008 in March 2009.

Bush never signed the budget. So 'Technically', the Democrat controlled Congress owned it.

So 'Technically' Obama owns it.

Change the figures around and make your own charts and you will still see the current situation.

The only reason we see a very slight drop in deficit spending under Obama is because of the Republican House since Jan 2011. They truly Are doing their best to help Obama look better.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What a waste of time discussing which POTUS sucks most cock - they all do - they dont matter, stop thinking the damn president means anything or decides anything.

They do what they are told, or stop a bullet - they are just actors - acting out crap to keep you entertained. The real decisions are being made by the owners of the country - the banksters.

Do you really think Obama can say no to QE? His biggest decision every day is what color tie to wear.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Show me ANYWHERE that I said that the deficit is shrinking. What I said, is that although the deficit may be shrinking, we are still spending more money than we take it, and THAT is adding to the national DEBT.
Saying the deficit is shrinking is like saying that the patient isn't bleeding as badly as he/she did early. The fact is, that UNLESS the deficit is ELIMINATED, the patient, namely the US, will still BLEED TO DEATH. It will just be a slightly slower DEATH, but it will still be a DEATH.
Amen to that.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Bush never signed the budget. So 'Technically', the Democrat controlled Congress owned it.

So "technically", all of our current problems are owned by the Republican controlled House.

Is that right?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'll skip the fact that your analogy sucks because any doctor would prefer the patient to be bleeding less than more. They don't stop trying to stop the bleeding just because they can't stop all the bleeding with one action. They also don't look at stopping some bleeding as a negative thing.

Here is the problem with your original comment...you provided no examples. Which is pretty much exactly what you accused others of doing. I responded with a counter example, showing that in one case I and others were trying to show that the deficit is in fact shrinking, backed up with sources and FACTS, and the anti-Obama crowd flat out rejected it and claimed the opposite as true without providing any source.

So if you think "Obama supporters" are doing this, please provide an example or be a victim of your own criticism.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by xuenchen

So "technically", all of our current problems are owned by the Republican controlled House.

Is that right?

That was so funny I forgot to laugh.

"Technically" speaking, the House is, by default, allowing the deficit spending to decline because they will not allow the Senate to spend as wildly as they were.

"Technically" speaking, the Senate is holding up further progress on the deficit problem because they won't pass a House sponsored budget, and they won't allow a decrease in spending in general.

So "Technically", all of our current problems are owned by the Democrat controlled Senate and the Obama Administration ( collectively speaking of course ).

this is Obama's "Advanced Technical" manual:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join