It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Targeting in Mexico May Block Deportation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
First note... Gay bashing can find another thread. This ain't the one and that isn't the point. Take hate elsewhere. Thanks.

Now then... On with the story! It appears just about ANYTHING can block and short circuit deportation these days. Even being gay. Who would have thought Mexico was a hot bed of so much hatred, bigotry and blind ignorance toward gay people, we can't even safely permit one to be deported. So says this Judge, anyway.

(CN) - Immigration officials must reconsider the plight of an HIV-positive gay man who claims that he will be persecuted if deported to Mexico, the 7th Circuit ruled.

Miguel Rosiles-Camarena, a Mexican citizen, entered the United States in 1977 at the age of 10. Since he never became an American citizen, however, he was ordered removed to Mexico after being convicted of felony indecent solicitation of a minor.

Now I got to the part about him being 10 when he got here and figured 'awww hell.. another kid crossing..we can't do much, eh?' Then I read the part after it for what GOT him a deportation order. Now? Oh, I don't much care what age the perv was...and being gay? Whatever... That has about as much to do with anything as nothing at all. Pervs are Pervs and they come in both Gay and Straight flavors, sadly.

The immigration judge agreed with Rosiles-Camarena that deportation would put him at risk for persecution, noting that 148 people were killed in Mexico on the basis of their sexual orientation between 1995 and 2006.
Source

Well, imagine that. 148 gay people killed over that string of years. What a tragedy. (It really IS too...but cheap stunt to use in this case). Why do I not give respect to that argument? This is why...

From the FBI:

In 2011, 1,944 law enforcement agencies reported 6,222 hate crime incidents involving 7,254 offenses.

There were 6,216 single-bias incidents that involved 7,240 offenses, 7,697 victims, and 5,724 offenders.

The 6 multiple­-bias incidents reported in 2011 involved 14 offenses, 16 victims, and 7 offenders. (See Tables 1 and 12.)

and.....

Sexual-orientation bias

In 2011, law enforcement agencies reported 1,508 hate crime offenses based on sexual-orientation bias. Of these offenses:

57.8 percent were classified as anti-male homosexual bias.
28.4 percent were reported as anti-homosexual bias.
11.1 percent were prompted by an anti-female homosexual bias.
1.5 percent were classified as anti-bisexual bias.
1.1 percent were the result of an anti-heterosexual bias. (Based on Table 1.)
Source: FBI

Well, golly, I can absolutely see where Mexico is SO much more dangerous for a Gay man, it would HAVE to halt all deportation at once! Why look at those stats!! Oh...... crap... Those are American stats, huh? Errr... So is this:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation reported from the beginning of 1996 through the end of 2005 a total of 167,570 homicides in the United States. During this same ten-year time frame the FBI also reported 115 hate-crime homicides.
Source: Gay Related Hate Murders - A Decade Long Epidemic

If the Judge just has a problem deporting anyone or this guy in particular for some reason, fine. Say so. However, that reasoning is blown to pieces by OUR stats for the supposedly "safety" he is granting for asylum in the United States.

Seems to me... He's as likely or more so to be a victim of violent crime or homicide by hate motive here as he is anywhere in Mexico. So much for Asylum actually holding any real meaning for anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hmm.. Open with a strong statement of no hate wanted in any form on a Gay related topic and it's as quiet as a church. I'm not sure what statement that makes, especially with a few stars and flags to show it wasn't missed or just vanished into obscurity.

I'm not sure I want to know the message that suggests....but it seemed worth noting for the oddity.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He should be more worried about being killed by a cartel than some bigots.

Crap defense imo

edit on 24-8-2013 by Lysergic because: grammah

new topics

join