It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive map traces 463 of the Bible's contradictions.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

Satan is selfish? I have read the bible cover to cover. Satan actually comes off as being not as bad as he is made out. The character of god is the absolute worst. Selfish, jealous and incompetent to the extreme. The body count god racks up is breath taking. He has serious anger management issues.

The biggest contridiction for me is the story of adam and eve. He told them not to eat from the tree but gave them no knowledge of right or wrong. Yet, pusishes them for going against his word even though they didnt know it was wrong. Judging from the story all satan tried to do was give us knowlege. Sounds like he might have been trying to do us a favour.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Evidence that your God is a royal prick...
I refuse to be a pawn in his game.

Dude ... we have no choice. God, who is very real, is so much more powerful than us. I've learned that any protests we have against Him are like an ant protesting the giant whose foot is coming down upon it's head. It's useless and doesn't mean anything. We are stuck with the situation. There is nothing we can do about it. Like it or not ... we are His slaves ... or His playthings ... or His favorites ... or whatever. But we have no choice.

Ah, so god didn't give us free will then. That explains quite a lot.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
Just another thought, lets see how many contradictions the Atheist's faith of evolution and unfounded science has. Then finally we will take our 463 "contradictions" to your however many contradictions exceeding 463 and see which requires more faith afterall!

The difference is we don't claim to not have some things wrong. Scientific theories backed up with multiple experaments and observations repeated over and over to make sure its right VS a book written 2000 years ago, mainly after the fact by a desert tribe and also where not even the writers can agree what actually happened.......yeah i think the bible requires the most faith by far.

Science never claims to have everything right and for everything to be infallable. If new evidence was discovered tomorrow for gods exsistance and this evidence couldnbe tested and confirmed then science would accept it as fact and everything would change.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Nice try!

But in Matthew, Judas returned the 30 pieces of silver, tossing them on the floor, in Acts, Judas takes his ill gotten money and purchases the "Field of Blood". Also, I'm having a hard time reconciling how Judas' body, hanging from a tree could have fallen headlong.

As far as the two Passover meals, sounds legit!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Nice try!

But in Matthew, Judas returned the 30 pieces of silver, tossing them on the floor, in Acts, Judas takes his ill gotten money and purchases the "Field of Blood". Also, I'm having a hard time reconciling how Judas' body, hanging from a tree could have fallen headlong.

As far as the two Passover meals, sounds legit!

Uhmm, I dont know, maybe he tied a rope to a tree and jumped of a cliff
Haley suggests as much
Probably the circumstances are much as follows: Judas suspended himself from a tree on the brink of the precipice overhanging the valley of Hinnom, and the limb or the rope gave way; and he fell and was mangled as described in Acts (p. 349).www.apologeticspress.org...

Not a try, research.
maybe you should try research rather than accept anything that is offered

www.apologeticspress.org...

Its actually very boring as this has been done to death, ultimately the issues of contradiction are based on ignorance

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It seems most christians come with a huge shoe horn. Verses contradict each other? Shoe horn them till they fit. Point is the authers of the gospels couldn't even get thier stories straight. Most likely because they were all written after the fact. All he said, she said. To say there are no contradictions in the bible is ridiculous. All religious texts have condradictions and errors, some pretty major errors too. At least the qua'ran tries to adress thing by saying if any verses contradict then the later verse voids the earlier one.

When 2 different people write about the same event (years after it supposedly happened) but offer very different stories they can't both be right. After that the testimony of both people should be viewed as unreliable.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hmm, I just found another discrepancy in the Passover thing.

Pilate Sets a Guard

62 On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate, 63 saying, “Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise.’ 64 Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night[m] and steal Him away, and say to the people, ‘He has risen from the dead.’ So the last deception will be worse than the first.”

The Day after the crucifixion of Jesus, was the Day of Preparation......

Matthew 13 When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judge’s seat at a place known as the Stone Pavement (which in Aramaic is Gabbatha).

14 It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon.

So did Jesus die on the Day of Preparation of the Passover, or the day before the Day of Preparation? The Gospels contradicting themselves here.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Probably the circumstances are much as follows: Judas suspended himself from a tree on the brink of the precipice overhanging the valley of Hinnom, and the limb or the rope gave way; and he fell and was mangled as described in Acts (p. 349).www.apologeticspress.org...

Not a try, research.
maybe you should try research rather than accept anything that is offered

The apologetic reasoning isn't research, it's speculation. What these apologetics are doing is piecing gospels together, filling the holes with imaginative speculation and creating a version of their own gospels that aren't found anywhere in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hmm, I just found another discrepancy in the Passover thing.

Pilate Sets a Guard

62 On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate, 63 saying, “Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise.’ 64 Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night[m] and steal Him away, and say to the people, ‘He has risen from the dead.’ So the last deception will be worse than the first.”

The Day after the crucifixion of Jesus, was the Day of Preparation......

Matthew 13 When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judge’s seat at a place known as the Stone Pavement (which in Aramaic is Gabbatha).

14 It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon.

So did Jesus die on the Day of Preparation of the Passover, or the day before the Day of Preparation? The Gospels contradicting themselves here.

Its must have been Half way between each day. No contraditions to see here, move along........

The whole bile would probably be a lot easier to swallow if people just accepted it was written by men. Flawed and inperfect men with a vested interest in people beleiving the stories were true. All the people writing it were already followers of christ. Hardly impartial historians.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit;"-- 1 Peter 3:18 RSV

Luke 24
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of a honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

But Jesus resurrected in the flesh! Spirits don't have flesh and bones, and certainly don't get hungry and need to eat.

edit on 25-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celt1
reply to post by Rychwebo

What is Satan?... The Fallen Angel Ariel...

1 Woe to you, Ariel, Ariel,
the city where David settled!
Add year to year
and let your cycle of festivals go on.

2 Yet I will besiege Ariel;
she will mourn and lament,
she will be to me like an altar hearth.[a]

3 I will encamp against you on all sides;
I will encircle you with towers
and set up my siege works against you..

(As was seen in the smoke as it rose from the destruction of the Twin Towers... 911)
4 Brought low, you will speak from the ground;
your speech will mumble out of the dust.
Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth;
out of the dust your speech will whisper.

5 But your many enemies will become like fine dust,
the ruthless hordes like blown chaff.
Suddenly, in an instant,

6 (ABBA) the Lord Almighty will come
with thunder and earthquake and great noise,
with windstorm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire.

7 Then the hordes of all the nations that fight against Ariel,
that attack her and her fortress and besiege her,
will be as it is with a dream,
with a vision in the night—

...The word Satan is your Name For ARIEL...

...The Word Satan... Silly Ariel Teaches Absolutely Notion... The name Ariel that he lost as the Angel Of Darkness... The Angel Of Deceit...

...The Name ARIEL and it's meaning before it fell... Abbas Real Image Emanates Light...

...The Word LIGHT... Love Is God's Highest Truth... This Love As Written He Teaches Himself To Unveil The True Light Of Life...

Appreciate your input.

Rather than a string of questions and answers, I was hoping for something simple. Now I have to ask what do you mean by an angel? A human with wings, a symbolic representation of some idea, or just some nice guy? You don't need to use someone else's words, take a stab at an answer that is understandable to anyone that has never even heard of the bible.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Galatians 3
24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

1 Peter 2
25 For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

So we no longer have a guardian, but we do. Hmmmm....

Galatians 3
28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

No slaves anymore?

Ephesians 6
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Not according to himself! Slaves should obey and submit to their masters.

Galatians 5
1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

But then again, we should never submit ourselves to slavery, because Jesus set us free.

Moral of the story: There is no such thing as slaves anymore, but there are and we should never submit to slavery but we should.

Infallible?.....

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

ultimately the issues of contradiction are based on ignorance

I'd say that the idea the bible is free of contradictions is ignorant and blind. The OP has linked to over 400 of these supposed contradictions, that's a lot for a book that supposed to be unquestionably perfect.

The only ones who believe it is unquestionably perfect are the ones who believe it is god. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
everyone comes up with some angle to only support their own agenda with no actually scientific basis in mind. The bible isn't 1 book. It's 66 books all written by different authors at different time periods. The only thing I can possibly say is maybe it's like writing about a sport. At some point it was common to use a certain technique and gear. Then later something else. At one time you had to attend the game now you can watch on TV. But it's still the same sport. So maybe some minor things about it have evolved over time. However, the big picture remains the same, you'll still trying to get the puck down ice to score. That main part hasn't changed. the most important elements remains the same. Duhhh

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Care to support your angle that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead with actual scientific evidence? Faith is not scientific evidence, it's actually the complete opposite.

I'll be waiting.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The concept of Jesus dying for the sins of the world isn't even supported without contradiction in the Gospels. When Jesus taught us how to pray, he said to pray to the Father, not to him. Jesus never promised that sins were to be forgiven in grace, not works after his death. He took time to explain to his followers that one HAD to forgive in order to BE forgiven. Jesus told the rich man to sell all of is possession and give the money to the poor, in order to enter "The Kingdom".

Apparently, He said, "believe in me", but I take that as a mistranslation or interpolation. He most probably said, "Believe me."

edit on 25-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
everyone comes up with some angle to only support their own agenda with no actually scientific basis in mind. The bible isn't 1 book. It's 66 books all written by different authors at different time periods. The only thing I can possibly say is maybe it's like writing about a sport. At some point it was common to use a certain technique and gear. Then later something else. At one time you had to attend the game now you can watch on TV. But it's still the same sport. So maybe some minor things about it have evolved over time. However, the big picture remains the same, you'll still trying to get the puck down ice to score. That main part hasn't changed. the most important elements remains the same. Duhhh

Actually its more like several different journalists writing about a baseball game decades after it happened and each gving very different versions of the story. None of them were there and they have had to base thier story on word of mouth because at the time the game happened not a single newspaper wrote about it nor were any game details recorded by game officials. One of the journalists 'may' have been there, but he is writing from memory and add to that the fact this so called eye witness is a huge fan of the team he claims won.

It is no different when you get down to it. The one possible eye witness was already a follower of christ writing years after the fact. His version should be automatically viewed with a more skeptical eye. The whole bible was written by people who already beleived these stories and had a huge vested interest in it. Talk about biased. In this light the big picture and the message should be taken with a huge grain of salt because because the message was designed to sell you a world view.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Lord's Prayer in the Ancient Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke:

Much different than the one in your books...

Avvon d-bish-maiya, nith-qaddash shim-mukh.

Tih-teh mal-chootukh. Nih-weh çiw-yanukh:

ei-chana d'bish-maiya: ap b'ar-ah.

Haw lan lakh-ma d'soonqa-nan yoo-mana.

O'shwooq lan kho-bein:

ei-chana d'ap kh'nan shwiq-qan l'khaya-ween.

Oo'la te-ellan l'niss-yoona:
il-la paç-çan min beesha.

Mid-til de-di-lukh hai mal-choota
oo khai-la oo tush-bookh-ta
l'alam al-mein.

Aa-meen.

Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes, who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.
May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.
Your Heavenly Domain approaches.
Let Your will come true - in the universe (all that vibrates) just as on earth (that is material and dense).
Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need, detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma) like we let go the guilt of others.
Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations), but let us be freed from that what keeps us from our true purpose.
From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act, the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Sealed in trust, faith and truth.
(I confirm with my entire being)

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way...

Can you see the lie here in this verse?... One Letter reveals the truth of it... Just one letter was changed...

...It shows just how deceitful the thieves are...

...HIS/his... Here I Stand... Here I Sleep...

25... While MAN slept, His enemy came... The Enemy Of Truth Is Only Those That Uphold The Lie...

As was written the Scribes And Pharisees Hid The Keys From You... That's why it must be revealed... One Must Know Right From Wrong.... As The Holy Bible It Contains Both Good And Evil... To Teach One Why A King Failed... As David he cried out it was for Mercy... As Jesus Cried Out it was for Victory...

...Meet Abba Now...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

*giggle*

..didnt see this post before.... but whát a Joke, this "dr" and his "computer program"

*grin*

- if he d put a sound sensor onto a toy doll to listen if it will talk...thats the level of intelligence here

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by gladtobehere

Very cool stuff, although it's a little hard to navigate. I like this one.

WHO OWNS THE EARTH
God
The most high God, possessor of heaven and earth.... Genesis 14:19, 22
The earth is the LORD's. Exodus 9:29
All the earth is mine. Exodus 19:5
Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. Deuteronomy 10:14
All that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine. 1 Chronicles 29:11
The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Psalm 24:1
The world is mine, and the fulness thereof. Psalm 50:12
The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine. Psalm 89:11
The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. 1 Corinthians 10:26
Satan
The devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee. Matthew 4:8-9
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee. Luke 4:5-6
Humans
The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. Psalm 115:16

Let me try this one:

Satan is indeed the ruler of this Earth. Jesus was clear in that and He even told people they were children of the devil. But, ruling, and owning, are two different things.

Satan may rule the Earth, as evident by so much cruelty and violence in the world, but God OWNS it, as He does everything. When Satan rebelled, he was cast down here, and he brought us with him. God still owns the Earth though, and Jesus is God the Fathers avatar representative here. Jesus is taking the Earth back from Satan, one person at a time, and eventually Satan will be kicked of this planet, and God will reestablish rule over His creation.

EDIT: Another way to think of it is the Earth is Satan's prison. He gets to run free here, but God owns the prison itself. Aren't we lucky to get to share it with him? God gives us the key in Jesus to get out. Take it.

It's not a contradiction. It was just a bad attempt to pull a few verses out of context with no understanding of how they fit together. 462?
edit on 25-8-2013 by MRSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join