Legislature OKs Bill To Let Non Citizens Serve On California Juries

page: 2
10
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta
 


Yes, again more truths.
Some of us indeed can say this is not our eternal city.

Just passing through for a moment in time.





posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by TarzanBeta
 


Yes, again more truths.
Some of us indeed can say this is not our eternal city.

Just passing through for a moment in time.



Now that is a fact.


Therefore we are born into shackles involuntarily, and stay in them voluntarily.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by BobAthome
 


Well at least we still have Peremptory Challenge.
Call it elitieism if you must. Sigh......


Here u go,,





posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome
 

0oh toilet paper!
2



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous

Think globally? Global citizens? It has to start somewhere and the soil in California is fertile.


Indeed it is fertile soil for that cause.
And to think that some call it progress.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

SACRAMENTO — Legal immigrants who are not American citizens would be able to serve on juries in California under a bill that lawmakers sent to Gov. Jerry Brown on Thursday.


Why does a non citizen get to pass judgement of me ?

Oh hell no.


The measure joins a proposal already on the governor's desk that would also allow legal permanent residents to serve as poll workers in California elections.


Legal permanent residents ?

Code speak for illegal ?

There won't be any fair trials or elections in California.
edit on 23-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, judging from how many citizens I see try to get out of jury duty, I can understand why the courts need a bigger pool.

It's just like all the jobs that businesses say Americans won't do any longer, so businesses have insourced workers. Yep, while Americans for over 30 years now have been encouraged to fight over cultural values in a Culture War, they didn't look around as to see what else was happening to them.

It's like those illegal cockfights, where owners pit their roosters against each other; corporations have pitted their American workers against each other. Others watch as the roosters fight to the death, cheering and then collecting their money. Yep, Americans have fought each other, letting their owners and others walk away with the $$.

I guess they're having a hard time getting citizens to even volunteer at voting time. The vote we supposedly fight and die for. Yep, use it or lose it, America. Don't let yourself be a rooster.



Originally posted by neo96
Legal permanent residents ?

Code speak for illegal ?


No. To put it in common terms, it's the "green card". Perhaps not everyone understands that a "green card" is for legal permanent residence.

I have had Cuban refugees in my family who have been here for 50 years but do not wish to become citizens, so they hold a "green card".
edit on 23-8-2013 by desert because: oops change 6 to 5



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

SACRAMENTO — Legal immigrants who are not American citizens would be able to serve on juries in California under a bill that lawmakers sent to Gov. Jerry Brown on Thursday.


Why does a non citizen get to pass judgement of me ?

Oh hell no.


The measure joins a proposal already on the governor's desk that would also allow legal permanent residents to serve as poll workers in California elections.


Legal permanent residents ?

Code speak for illegal ?

There won't be any fair trials or elections in California.
edit on 23-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


you make it sound like you are better than everyone else who isn't a citizen.

so are you saying that being a citizen makes you more fair than a non citizen?? if so can you prove that ?? or is that just your bias, prejudice and opinion?
edit on 23-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


How can " Non Citizens" be a " Jury Of Your Peers ' ? Unconstitutional for sure ...........



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta
 


Are you reading the same Constitution that I am? A jury of your peers. That doesn't mean if you are a white male, the jury must all be white males. It means your community.

If you want to be pedantic, the jury system existed before the United States did.
edit on 23-8-2013 by curme because: Post Script



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by burntheships
 


How can " Non Citizens" be a " Jury Of Your Peers ' ? Unconstitutional for sure ...........


Such a beautiful Document,,,,,,

your question,,"How can " Non Citizens" be a " Jury Of Your Peers ' ?"
is answered precisely by your own Constitution,,,

"FOR ALL MEN",,,are Created Equal,,Under God,, from Mightiest King, to lowest Peasant, for no man should be bound too, unjust Penalty of the Law in the land,,without trial by there peers,,in open Court.

So Nationality,,not the important criteria,,the "So Help Me God" ,,under Oath part,,much more so.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
For crying out loud some people need to learn how to read:


To be legally qualified for jury service, an individual must:

be a United States citizen;
be at least 18 years of age;
reside primarily in the judicial district for one year;
be adequately proficient in English to satisfactorily complete the juror qualification form;
have no disqualifying mental or physical condition;
not currently be subject to felony charges punishable by imprisonment for more than one year; and never have been convicted of a felony (unless civil rights have been legally restored)


Non citizens can't serve on jury's.

www.uscourts.gov...

The law is the law, whoops just some of the time.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


From the original post: "under a bill that lawmakers sent to Gov. Jerry Brown on Thursday."

That's how laws are changed in the US.
edit on 23-8-2013 by curme because: Typo



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curme
 


No.

That is how a 'law' is changed in California who just loves to pander to so called minorities.

Think that will fly in fly over country ?

Nope.

edit on 23-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


Shouldn't a community be able to define what a peer is to them? If 'fly-over country' doesn't want non-citizens to serve on a jury in their community, great. Why should they dictate to California what their juries should be?



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by curme
 


Fine think I will drive down to Mexico and sit on a jury then,

Since apparently some people think non citizens get to do anything they want.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
reply to post by neo96
 


Shouldn't a community be able to define what a peer is to them? If 'fly-over country' doesn't want non-citizens to serve on a jury in their community, great. Why should they dictate to California what their juries should be?


Well I think juries should be comprised of citizens only.

Inconsistencies in different jurisdictions could lead to too much jumping around and set unrealistic precedence....................






That might create kangaroo courts !!



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
For crying out loud some people need to learn how to read:


To be legally qualified for jury service, an individual must:

be a United States citizen;
be at least 18 years of age;
reside primarily in the judicial district for one year;
be adequately proficient in English to satisfactorily complete the juror qualification form;
have no disqualifying mental or physical condition;
not currently be subject to felony charges punishable by imprisonment for more than one year; and never have been convicted of a felony (unless civil rights have been legally restored)


Non citizens can't serve on jury's.

www.uscourts.gov...

The law is the law, whoops just some of the time.


Thank you Neo, I was looking for that earlier


Looks like we got the change, without the hope.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I disagree with this, and I'm not one who considers citizenship to be worth very much. Part of passing a citizenship test however is understanding the history of a nation, which shapes it's culture and values. While one doesn't necessarily have to have the same values to be a peer (see the partisan split for an example of this), they do need to be able to understand where the other person is coming from and see both the spirit and letter of a law.

I don't see how one who hasn't passed a citizenship test or been through our school system (which teaches this stuff, in theory) can be considered a peer to pass judgment on a questionable act.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
could this be considered an act of treason?

this opens up a whole pantry of canned worms...

canned worms with foreign allegiance...





new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join