It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: No Allegations NSA Is Trying to 'Listen in On People's Email'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

President Barack Obama defended the NSA surveillance program in an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo this morning.

On the NSA surveillance program, Cuomo asked, "Are you confident that you know everything that's going on within that agency and that you can say to the American people, 'It's all done the right way'?

Sure bout this Obama?

Here is his answer:

"Yes, but what I've also said is that it can only work if the American people trust what's going on. And what's been clear since the disclosures that were made by Mr. Snowden is that people don't have enough information and aren't confident enough that, between all the safeguards and checks that we put in place within the executive branch, and the federal court oversight that takes place on the program, and congressional oversight, people are still concerned as to whether their e-mails are being read or their phone calls are being listened to," Obama responded.

Pay Attention:

Yes, but what I've also said is that it can only work if the American people trust what's going on.

It will work if Americans are stupid enough to believe what he says !

Obama is confident that is is being done the right way ! ! ! !

'Accidental' ?

Oh, really!

Some National Security Agency analysts deliberately ignored restrictions on their authority to spy on Americans multiple times in the past decade, contradicting Obama administration officials’ and lawmakers’ statements that no willful violations occurred

NSA Analysts Intentionally Abused Spying Powers Multiple Times

Your dearly,friendly,clueless Potus.Is on the job.Secretly working to advance his party's agenda."Mistakes' will be made, people will be harassed, and rights will be denied.

No worries...He will not be held accountable

edit on 23-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Is he missing the fact the NSA itself has contradicted every word he is saying, under Oath?

Either HE is lying and needs impeached at this point. I'm dead serious too... I've HAD it with his lies right to our faces like it's amusing to him in some private joke. Or..... The NSA lied and committed the crime of Perjury. In which case I want THOSE men prosecuted for it.

ONE of the two things happened here. ONE of them lied. Either under Oath or under CNN Studio lights. It cannot both be true for what each has said. They are mutually exclusive. Perhaps that's too big a term for a guy like Obama. THEY CONTRADICT EACH OTHER. There... even HE should grasp that.

I wish I could share something I have sitting here. It's on an open site right now and shows, on tables, over 2,700 separate FISA act violations committed by the NSA and it's employees. Some intentional, some not and some by design of what they were doing at the time. Folks should be able to find it by searching. The Security Clearance level stamps are NOT crossed out though and no De-class info appears anywhere..so I can't really post.

Obama wouldn't know truth if it kicked him in the butt and asked for a tip.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
yea well Mr President tell this to Rocky kutv.com... from the link

Rocky Anderson Questions NSA's Intentions
(KUTV) The Mayor of Salt Lake City during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games is going after the National Security Agency.

Rocky Anderson says the agency lied and committed federal crimes during the Olympics by allegedly spying on people through monitoring their emails and text.

The NSA’s actions come from a report by the Wall Street Journal, a story Anderson says he did not hear about until he opened the morning newspaper.

"We have to stand up,” said Anderson to 2News Dan Rascon inside his Salt Lake City home on Thursday. "All of Salt Lake City should be out in the streets outraged."

According to the Wall Street Journal report, the NSA and FBI worked with then Qwest Communications to monitor all email and text messages in the Salt Lake City area during the games.

Anderson says as mayor, “Security was number one to me."

He says that’s why he pushed for more security and went to all the behind the scenes meetings.

But he along with other organizers had no knowledge the NSA was allegedly spying on the public.

"Every instance of surveillance like this without a warrant in 2002 was a federal felony under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act,” said Anderson.
think your still safe from NSA think again.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The NSA isn't very good at spying.

Give it back to the CIA. At least they are not as clumsy.

What good is a spy agency...When everyone knows what they are doing?

De-fund this bunch of amateurs.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

There is just one little problem with that , there is the term "In the name of National Security " It gives all the power to snoop with out a warrant or reason, The NDAA act and P act just 2 of the many Acts EO and bills passed in the US that give the NSA the power to snoop. here is a link that spells it out www.techdirt.com... nts.shtml there is loop holes after loop holes, if NSA needs a reason to do it , they will find it or make it up just to make it a reason to do it. from the link

The focus here is on Section 702 under the FISA Amendments Act, which is the authority that the PRISM program is under. Ever since the initial leaks, the defenders of the NSA have repeatedly stated that 702 only applies to non-US citizens who are outside the US. But as the "update" above notes, there was a change to the rules in late 2011 which allows for queries on US persons. As Senator Wyden told the Guardian, this "loophole" now directly allows "warrantless searches for the phone calls or emails of law-abiding Americans."

This also seems reminiscent of our point on Wednesday, in which we noted that every time the NSA is asked about its ability to spy on everyone, it answers about its authority. And, here's evidence that it has clearly been given the "authority" to spy on Americans, contrary to the very clear language of the law.
for you that will say yea so what , in the words of Ben Franklin,

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." So the next time you see a TSA, DHS, or a LEO tell them thank you for you feeling safe.

edit on 23-8-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The CIA can not operate in the US of A this is why we have the NSA, Not Secret Answer to give you the Idea your safe from Terrorist , but then that did not stop the Boston Bombers now did it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The Obama supporters are really stuck now.

They supported him all the way with Santa Fe and now it seems Obama keeps breaking their little hearts.

Before, they could simply blame the evil agencies but now even Obama is saying it's all OK !!!

I hope the defenders "understand" and "trust" everything now !!

Looks like they can't get that Gordian Knot to come loose and it keeps getting tighter.

The arguments grow thinner by the day.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pay Attention:

Yes, but what I've also said is that it can only work if the American people trust what's going on.

So that MUST mean if the American people DON'T trust what's going on ...

It CAN'T work ....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

As I've always understood things, that did not give US Intelligence a free ride to violate anyone in the nation, any way they felt like it. Since the basis and foundation they'd use...cannot be explained to us for National Security reasons, how can we say they can use National Security as the basis to do it?

It's such circular logic, they may as well use this as their logo:

and the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round....

Do you ever feel they have FAR more fun with doing this to us than we do in discovering what has been done?
edit on 23-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by whyamIhere

The CIA can not operate in the US of A this is why we have the NSA, Not Secret Answer to give you the Idea your safe from Terrorist , but then that did not stop the Boston Bombers now did it.

The CIA does operate inside the US .

They just don't get caught

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

"Yes, but what I've also said is that it can only work if the American people trust what's going on. And what's been clear since the disclosures that were made by Mr. Snowden is that people don't have enough information and aren't confident enough that, between all the safeguards and checks that we put in place within the executive branch, and the federal court oversight that takes place on the program, and congressional oversight, people are still concerned as to whether their e-mails are being read or their phone calls are being listened to," Obama responded.
There are some key points in this response that people should really be looking at, not just taking the "official" word at face value.

Sorry if I don't trust an entity that's been caught lying over, and over, and over again for years upon years. From Iran Contra to the most recent NSA revelations if there is one entity that's proven that it's official word can't be trusted it would be the highest levels of the U.S. Government. If someone lies to you over and over again and you continue to believe them, you're the @$$h0!e, not them.

And what's been clear since the disclosures that were made by Mr. Snowden is that people don't have enough information
Actually, most people don't have enough information to make a proper decision on the legitimacy of the surveillance programs being used. These people include the majority of Congress and the Senate. Refer to OR. Sen. Ron Wyden for more information on who knows what. Long story short, most of our representatives have no idea what's going on. Not only do they not know what's going on, but they are allowed very little access to information regarding these programs.

between all the safeguards and checks that we put in place within the executive branch, and the federal court oversight that takes place on the program,
I think he means the FISA oversight. That same FISA Court who's recieved over 20,000 applications since the year 2000 and rejected 11. 20,000 applications with only 11 of them rejected? That's not oversight, that's a rubber stamp. Nothing more than a dog and pony show.I don't appreciate being treated like I only have a third grade education, and neither should you.
edit on 23-8-2013 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"If they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear" right?

Same could be said bout the gov't. They shouldn't be afraid of people exposing the so called "truth" if they have nothing to hide right?

I have suspected that this has been going on since e-mail was invented.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This must be how Obama keeps in shape, all of the mental gymnastics.

I guess he prefers this scandal to the others, as he seems to regularly address it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to Barack Obama

Anyone who supports this man is, at this point, clearly suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Lie after lie after lie, repeated proclamations touting honesty is the complete absence of truth... Even among politicians this is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I bang this very drum all the time. Endless damn lies! It's starting to appear as if the "current resident of the White House" is the only one who continues to believe his own lies. Maybe his ears can't hear what's coming out of his mouth. I have no explanation.

However, I do have one observation: If we're going to be oppressed, I'm glad it's by incompetent dimwits....

edit on 8/23/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It will work if Americans are stupid enough to believe what he says !

No worries...He will not be held accountable

I don't think so , I think American people are just trapped in NWO traps to start new wars. All NWO wants is war and destruction. He is following orders that were given to bush , he is only using different strategy.

Bush was a more fast and furious guy , and he does his job gradually.He likes to break American people.

After years and years of wars justified by US govt , people around the world know that US is a country which is always waging on wars.So after decades of invasion and occupation , it seems that US govt is near the end of the line of using democracy for it's short term agendas.

So there is the war waging America , and there is the resistance to war-cry vaccine which has been injected on American people for years.and the main question is :

how will US govt start the next war

In my latest analysis and studies , I found that there are two ways to get US army to invade another country.

1-good old democracy

in that strategy , Obama won't attack anywhere unless he can get a momentum on convincing American people that it is necessary to invade Syria.

That is how the democracy works.

And American people don't believe any fast and furious attack on other countries because they saw how GWB was lying about wars.

So , democracy won't work.

2-To break American people

That means they put force on American people so that people can not take the momentum and break. The only strategy is to make American unstable by internal issues like the bombings and killing , then they use any mean to make American people numb and careless to US wars and invasions. While also distracting them by materialist view of life. Like making more TV shows , music videos , fictional studying , for people to kill their moments.

Like what we saw in Libya , democracy doesn't matter because Obama didn't even wait for the congress to invade Libya. He did what he wanted. about gun control he did what he wanted.....He simply does what he wants.

top topics

join