It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Message From Imprisoned Hacker Jeremy Hammond (USA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Jeremy Hammond is the computer programmer facing a decade in prison for releasing information from the firm Strategic Forecasting which revealed that revealed that Stratfor was spying on human rights activists on behalf of corporations and the U.S. government. He was denied bail and held in solitary confinement.

I cannot post the letter in full due to copyright laws. Here are some extracts below. The full letter can be read on the link below.

Rebel greeting!

I hope this evening finds you all in the best of health and highest of spirit.
Thanks for coming out to show support for me and Barrett Brown.

Comrades, we are up against a racist capitalist power structure that wages wars, destroys the environment and spies on our every move! They lock up millions of people in cages for “crimes” that corrupt governments and multi-national
corporations also commit on an everyday basis and on a greater magnitude, yet we are the criminals.

They lock us up for guns and drugs when defense contractors and pharmaceutical companies are the top traffickers.
They call us thieves when it’s Wall Street 1%ers who rob us blind, exploit our labor, evict us out of our homes, and get billion dollar bailouts.

They condemn hackers and leakers when the NSA, CIA, and FBI illegally spy on everybody, and wage cyber espionage through viruses and hacking for foreign government systems.

They put signs everywhere that say “If you see something, say something” as if their extensive surveillance camera systems aren’t enough, they want us to become additional eyes and ears for the police against our own neighbors.

But if you point out suspicious activities of our own government, if you leak information that should be free and public anyway, then they will follow you to the ends of the Earth to put you in prison.

Even if you simply report on these leaks, they will discredit you, subpoena you for your sources, or just put you in prison on a bunch of trumped up charges like they did Barrett Brown.

They repress us, infiltrate us, entrap us, harass our families and friends, and call us criminals, terrorists, and traitors, and break their own laws to try to stop us because we work to expose the truth.

Yours for the revolution,

Jeremy Hammond

325.nostate.net...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Purple.. We may really disagree on this and that's fine if we do. No one can agree on everything. However, if that kid suffers mightily in solitary through simply being there? So be it and I hope for a LOOOOOONG time of it.

I don't know how many here were members of Stratfor before that hack happened. However, lets just say among the lists and lists of names the kid burned? Well.... I have a PERSONAL reason to be happy in seeing THAT one rot.

Stratfor was and..slowly..is returning to being a solid and perhaps even invaluable bridge between idiot MSM and Intelligence we aren't allowed to see unless we work around it. Do they screw up and call things wrong? Yup....but in my experience, they do so less than the "Professional" agencies and so get my nod of respect from what I've seen myself. (I also love their Geography people on map making. They have THE most interesting and valuable maps for data presentation outside perhaps places like FAS...but I have to make my own maps from FAS data.)

*The thing is..I didn't even know I was among the names he burned until recently. Somehow, I'd missed myself when checking what had come out. It wasn't until I recently ran a crawler on my own name and details across the net that I discovered to my disgust ...Yup.. That's me.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Painful truths pointed out by that letter. But then, we all know it already,

Who can really believe that the US government doesn't know who is the trigger man in the Syria gas attacks. The country isn't spending trillions to be uniformed.

join