It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Has no one condemned you...Then neither do I condemn you"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The title of this thread is from John 8: 10 - 11.

It is what The Son of Man said to the woman who had been caught being adulterous and was about to be stoned by the priests of the Law.

He had asked among them had anyone else not broken the Law then he should throw a stone. All the accusers had broken the Law in some way so none could condemn sin and hand out judgement.

Well of all the approaches I have had studied this seems to me the most civilized and honest way of one's approach to the faults in others.

I condemn no man or woman because I know I am not without sin.

Even St. Paul (who is the Scribe for half of the Scripture of The New Covenant) admitted he could not get the thorn in his own flesh out no matter how hard he prayed.

There is a lesson on civility here. For me it gives a positive way of how I should behave toward others when I see their short falls.

There is plenty of judgement being handed out here on ATS. All I would say is to repeat the Words of Jesus,

"You who are without sin cast the first stone"!

When Jesus was walking on the earth He handed out no condemnation. He allowed for life itself to do that. He did not hang Judas. He did not knock down the Temple with His own hands. Fate did all that.

I know that I can offer this world no way out, no matter how hard I try. But I find in Scripture a Way out. It certainly is Good News to me!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Are you not casting the first stone by starting this thread in the rant forum?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

When Jesus was walking on the earth He handed out no condemnation.

That didn't keep him from calling the Pharisees serpents and the offspring of vipers in Matthew 23.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nice thread....and insults are not nearly the same as condemnation

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Condemnation is better than insults.

A least with a condemnation the person will give you a reason for criticizing you , but with insults, they just call you "troll" or "stupid" without any explanation - or just because of a disagreement.

By the way, this thread can be seen as hypocrisy:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

and yet this thread is criticizing people for throwing stones. Is this thread supposed to be some higher authority dictating morality to everyone? That's called self-righteousness.

top topics

join