It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more Stuff found in a lump of 300 million year old coal... Interesting Ooparts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Here is some more on it,
www.youtube.com...
Here is a thread that was dedicated to it some time ago,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
ancientaliens.wordpress.com...
ancientvisitors.blogspot.com...

Now this is worth thinking about.
en.wikipedia.org...
Because if the we give it wings from the flat section at or near the feet and a upright tail were it is obviously broken and/or the Abidos tomb model 'bird' glider was scaled up and had some chinese rockets added to the back (though admittedly as far as we know gun powder was a much later invention) then no aliens or super advanced civilization but rudimentary powered flight when it was no supposed to exist, I mean just look at Heron of Alexandria and the fact he very nearly invented the steam train near two thousand years ago.
Modern human beings with modern human brains have been around for a very long time though admittedly in lower numbers, yet why could they not have done so before.
The idea that if you turn it on its tail and then IMAGINE a human face does not wash with me sorry it is not a bearded man with a cone hat.
edit on 24-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by butcherguy

My grandfather worked in the coal mines and there is a difference between coal you are finding and what is excavated which hasn't seen the light of day in who knows how long it could also be Bituminous coal which some call soft coal. Finding things in coal is nothing new here is a story from 1948 where a pot was found.

www.ricter.com...

Aluminum, however, is approximately 60% less conductive as copper. Brass is often used however brass also increases the weight of machinery as well. Aluminum is used because of reduced risk of creating a incendive spark and the use of aluminum to make selected equipment lighter and easier to handle.

I am familiar with the pot story. I believe I mentioned it on page one of this thread.

Regarding your statement on incendive spark risk.... aluminum increases the risk of incendive spark.

The risks associated with the use of aluminium alloys are due to the possiblity that of high energy impacts of aluminium alloys on rusty steel objects can cause an incendive spark. Twelve incidents occurred between 1950 and 1955 in which such a spark was the source of an ignition of methane. Of these 6 occurred in the UK, 4 in Germany and 2 in Japan.

Source

Is there any chance that your grandfather could provide a link to some proof that freshly mined coal can be softened in water so that objects can be pressed into it? My grandfather mined coal also (bituminous), but he is dead, so we won't be able to get any fresh info from him.

ETA: Aluminum has 60% of the conductivity of copper if it is pure aluminum. The aluminum alloy used for electrical wiring has 56% the conductivity of copper.
edit on 24-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Wow way to cherry pick either that or you didn't read the rest of the article.

From your source

A study tour of coal mining operations in the United States of America was undertaken to assess the use of aluminium alloys underground. This showed widespread use in applications which ranged from the coal face to outbye areas. The only prohibition is on its use as a ventilation control device (stopping). There is also a restriction on the alloy content of external rotating parts on permissible electrical equipment (

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for the reply and I accept your opinion after all it is your field of expertise...

Actually, no, it's not.

I have no academic credentials whatsoever concerning the ancient past. If I possess any expertise in that area, it is expertise concerning the claims made by the proponents of the AA theory, a group of which I was once a member, though not professionally - merely naively.

Investigation of these sorts of claims has been a hobby of mine since 1980 or so.

I have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, and worked as an Engineer and as a Production Manager (in the aluminum industry, coincidentally.) I've also been an Environmental Engineer for a handful of years. Ironically, the only mechanical engineering I ever did (for money) was in the area of quality, which is just as rightly considered Industrial Engineering. Currently, I'm teaching math (Geometry) and science (Physics) at a high school.

Oh well. My first wife had her B.S. in IT and she was a waitress.

Anyway, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not an archaeological expert.

I know you may call photo artifact (though remember the tight stringent quality control and the triple checking and check again of every part of the lunar mission's so I find that argument flawed to say the least), it appeared on a recent post by Covertpanther called Large ring found in solar system, Now what if long ago such a station as I Believe it to have been was partially destroyed though on the two frames it appears on it is evidently still rotating though the outer ring looks damaged with whole sections blown out, then its orbit due to the decrease in mass would have catapulted it into a Asymmetric higher orbit somewhere between the earth and the moon.

Anyway look at covert panther post.

I am to be surprised that one ring looks like another?

Regarding the image from the thread you linked, did you read the rest?

I don't see the ring in the original image. I didn't read further, but even if the thing is in the actual pic, it's quite likely to be some sort of reflection on the lens. Far more likely than any alien (or ancient Human) space station.

Let me add that I don't usually comment on modern UFO sightings and the like. I barely have time to stick to my own niche.

And of course what exactly is this is it a ancient ceremonial phallic symbol or king riding a spear tip or is that just swamp gas.

Despite my sarcasm (it seems a little too good to be a real contemporary artifact and as Zechariah sitchin is involved you would likely not pee on it if it was on fire) there I most certainly do respect you though not some of the other debunker's as you are not debunking you are disproving and that is an entirely respectable approach and I don't think I have ever heard your real opinion on the UFO subject but the ancient alien well we can take it or leave it but like I always say the micro is also part of the macro.

Still I would like your opinion on that artifact as I am sure you are more familiar with it than we are and like the Egyptian flying bird model it seems out of place in ancient Turkey.

Yes, I'm familiar with the "artifact." It is cast in plaster and is an architectural feature - a decorative cornerpiece.

I read an analysis of it some years ago. Somebody that visited that museum. The curator remembered when Sitchin was there. He was confused at that earlier time and with the investigator as to why anyone would want to see it.

You reference to the Saqqara bird - these sorts of bird figures are seen on the prows of Egyptian ships and are though to possibly be wind vanes of a sort. See here.
That site is "Catchpenny Mysteries of Ancient Egypt,"and is run by a very fine person, Mr. Larry Orcutt. Poke around there for some interesting stuff.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Here is some more on it,
www.youtube.com...
Here is a thread that was dedicated to it some time ago,
ancientaliens.wordpress.com...
ancientvisitors.blogspot.com...

Now this is worth thinking about.
en.wikipedia.org...
Because if the we give it wings from the flat section at or near the feet and a upright tail were it is obviously broken and/or the Abidos tomb model 'bird' glider was scaled up and had some chinese rockets added to the back (though admittedly as far as we know gun powder was a much later invention) then no aliens or super advanced civilization but rudimentary powered flight when it was no supposed to exist, I mean just look at Heron of Alexandria and the fact he very nearly invented the steam train near two thousand years ago.
Modern human beings with modern human brains have been around for a very long time though admittedly in lower numbers, yet why could they not have done so before.
The idea that if you turn it on its tail and then IMAGINE a human face does not wash with me sorry it is not a bearded man with a cone hat

I was merely pointing out the lack of info as to the orientation. If you read my post again you will see that I am saying one orientation is as good as the other, almost. In actual fact, the only imagination I did use, was in part. for the horizontal view of someone in a rocket ship who had lost his/her head. The other part was how to make the idea as given fly, that's where you did much more imagining than I.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Not really cherrypicking... I found a source that says that aluminum striking rusty steel can create incendive sparks. It refutes your statement that aluminum is used because it doesn't create incendive sparks.
It is like a little flare, aluminum is the fuel, iron oxide is the catalyst and it combusts using atmospheric oxygen. The SRB's on the space shuttle used aluminum as fuel and iron oxide as the catalyst, but oxygen was provided by ammonium perchlorate.

I'm still interested in seeing how coal is softened with water to the point that a piece of metal can be pressed into it without fracturing.
edit on 24-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
At least 3 advanced civilizations have existed on Earth in the 4+ Billion years it has been orbiting the Sun.

Get over it.

Over all the billions of years the Milky Way has existed, to think that even as far back as billions of years that another civilization did not exist somewhere in it and have a messed up spacecraft piece crash into earth millions of years ago is not too unbelievable.

The chance is astonishing astronomical numbers but hey, somebody always win the Powerball too even though the odds are astronomically against it.
edit on 24-8-2013 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Myst say that I would take more interest in "ooparts" if it wasn't for the fact that it's often (often, not always) financed and written about by christian creationists in an attempt to disprove the theory of evolution.

The "plot" is to let the evolution theory backfire on itself and disprove itself with its own mechanisms. Thankfully its transparent enough to see through.

There are some interesting finds though. But unfortunately its a debate that is destroyed by certain people.

Imo...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Dutch found Australia, dubbed it "terra nullius", GTFO and left it to the English to colonise. Similarly, ET's might have stopped by here millions of yeas ago, found nothing but rudimentary organisms and simply left.

"Anal probing" doesn't always have to be a part of alien visitation lore.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Smurfy Think I came across wrong there I actually starred your post so sorry for any confusion but the argument has been made in the past the if it is stood on it's tail then if looks vaguely like a head with a goatee and a cone hat which it does but as you here point out no matter what angle it is positioned it still looks like a man in a rocket, Hmm now we must wonder were a group of supposedly primitive people got there inspiration from.
Sorry if you thought I was taking a dig, it was unintentional as I did star your post for bringing that point up.

And thanks to Harte, I am a Electronic Technician but never worked in that field so the paper is just that, paper an unused qualification and due to some head injury's and partial memory loss I never completed my Beng still that is the past and each new day a new beginning but as you also find or maybe did a mystery is a great thing to us, That ring is something I am sure though in a court of law the case would remain open to interpretation, I would like to compare it to reflections but as far as I can see the camera aperture look's quite unlike it except in the same general shape.
I too don't actually believe in the ancient alien but am no expert on any subject so often shoot wild but still do tend to have a strong belief that there is something there or else there was before someone visited and took what they wanted -
(Sorry another conspiracy theory as I believe someone very powerful has usurped the us space program on a number of occasions and is black budget related, virtually autonomous since the introduction of compartmentalized government to the states they have used the system to there own power and financial advantage - I believe they have reverse engineered a lot of such objects for there own use and not in the interest of any nation but only there own and keeping that knowledge to themselves to patent as and when it is suitable - I believe they did this with the black Knight satellite and then blew what was left out of the sky so that none of that tech would enter any one else hands)
- But that is just a belief on my part and I have been know to be wrong on a number of occasion's.

I won't discount the cornerstone idea as if you are also familiar with the astronaut on the Spanish cathedral which is actually an armored knight except he looks like an apollo astronaut then since we know the late medieval masons were not working for NASA then we must assume that the appearance of that one is truly a coincidence.

Erm? I was saying about making the odd mistake well it turns out that it is actually an astronaut and an approved modern addition to the cathedral.
www.atlasobscura.com...
which brings back the genuine mystery of the cornerstone.

edit on 25-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I won't discount the cornerstone idea as if you are also familiar with the astronaut on the Spanish cathedral which is actually an armored knight except he looks like an apollo astronaut then since we know the late medieval masons were not working for NASA then we must assume that the appearance of that one is truly a coincidence.

You read too much fringe flapdoodle.

Your astronaut is actually an astronaut. The figure was put there during a renovation - in the 1980's I believe that was but I might be misremembering.

You can find out all about it right here at ATS. I realize that the search function here is difficult. You can use a site-specific google search - just put in the words site:abovetopsecret.com after your search terms.

Harte

edit on 8/25/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ah the old piece of coal mining machinery in the coal ='s super ancient civilization speculation - again!

Nope, 99.999? broken piece of machinery or .00099 fraud, possibility of .00001 real.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for that Harte as you know I am not particularly internet Savvy (Must be getting old as there are kids of six better at it than me) but I like that tip and assume it would work with most internet based databases that are open to public access, thanks again.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm calling bs on the aluminum.

In the super acidic environment of the swamp in which the peat formed on it's way to being coal,
the aluminum would have corroded away long before coal started to form.
Although raw aluminum forms an oxide layer in atmospheric conditions, the highly acidic oxygen free environment of a peat bog would dissolve the Al away in just a couple of years if not a few months.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join