It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Preppers???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
That would be a good t-shirt logo to come up with.

ZOMBIE
PREPPER!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Zombie apocalypse is a meme because it feeds the fantasy of being released from the moral burden of committing total murder and mayhem against the public.

It's the one circumstance where it would be morally acceptable to shoot strangers on the street.

But it indicates a dark side in our society. Some people fantasize about zombie apocalypse for the same reason that others fantasize about going on a killing spree.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Zombie apocalypse is a meme because it feeds the fantasy of being released from the moral burden of committing total murder and mayhem against the public.

It's the one circumstance where it would be morally acceptable to shoot strangers on the street.

But it indicates a dark side in our society. Some people fantasize about zombie apocalypse for the same reason that others fantasize about going on a killing spree.

I think that is a big part of it.

But also I don't think it's really just people wanting to murder for no good reason. I think people, many subconsciously, are sick of the modern day world. They hate the stupidity of their fellow countrymen. Modern day life in western nations is a zombie plague all of itself Growing up here makes you a zombie. And I think many of the zombie fans out there think this way, even subconsciously, and want to wipe out the zombies that are threatening the world. And it's easier to make up a fantasy figure to attach your hate to, instead of being honest and realizing the behavior of people is totally unacceptable for a healthy intelligent population.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I agree with everything you posted, and will go you one step further:

The zombie-fighter fantasy allows the hero to feel superior.

If what you posted is correct (and I believe it is hyper-correct!), and the zombs are asleep, then the killer is the only "awakened one" in the story. He is the one-eyed man in the city of the blind. So he is superior AND gets to create his own personal moral code, with self at center.

Obviously, if you find yourself in a tiny remnant of survivors, that automatically makes you a member of the elite. One of the other casualties of the official western materialist/ therapeutic world-view is that most people today realize that they are a bunch of "sames." The only way to set yourself apart from the herd, to become elite is either through fame (basketball, sex-tapes, movie-star, pop0singer) or fate (lottery, lawsuit,) or as survivor of a catastrophe.

The fantasy of (a zombie, or other) apocalypse, for many, is the only way they'd ever hope to be part of an elite.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I don't think so. I'd only kill a zombie if i absolutely had no other choice. You'd be far better learning to just evade them that endlessly killing them. Because if you're killing them your bound to get some zombie blood on you and all the virus in that could so easily end up infecting you. No, you want to stay well away from them, not like in the tv shows.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Considering Russia stated openly it was going to make a Zombie Weapon, this might be among the most crucial threads we have right now.

If the US and the rest of the world don't pull of this air strike right, we may be in for the final show.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Not me, I am an asteroid prepper, got my 66 of Jack, just got to crack the top and take my dose and I'm prepped. Seriously though, how does one fall into this category, I've seen a few other shows and videos on the subject. People who eat one another are cannibals not zombies and have been here forever unfortunately, but zombies. They swing more towards the rabbies string don't they?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KristofLaw

I think there is a biochemical weapon in Syria that effectively turns people into zombies. The rotting flesh, eating one another, completely senseless animal kind.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
reply to post by spartacus699

Zombies?! Why would there be any zombies during the apocalypse? "The dead shall rise up"? Well that could mean anything. It could mean people who has for identity other people who are now dead. In other words, people who have avatars of Lincoln, or of St Augustine. To our ancestors (and their low level of knowledge in computers), it would look as if the dead were alive again. Simple solution for a simple mystery.
edit on 23-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

I think that the phrase "The dead shall rise up" is accurate in that the dead rise up and vote for the bastards who get illegally elected. The idea of Zombies these days could mean that when the SHTF it will be everyone on government assistance who come out of their homes and start eating everything that they think they should get for free.... when it becomes apparent that only humans are left... well then we will be on the menu..... they need to fill in a space for that government cheese they had been getting all these years.... and that space will be filled with you and me... the irony is that our tax dollars have been supporting them the whole time.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

It is also true in that it happens in medicine "Lazarus Syndrome", that the entire zombie movie genre is inspired in part by failed army experiments, that the CIA wanted to have zombies attack russia. It is true that Russia has said it will have a zombie weapon, and that Russia is one of the world leaders in the field of Reanimatology.

It is true that the two leading researchers in this field were friends and died within a month of one another almost immediately after the Iraq War in 2003.

There is a video of a Syrian rebel eating flesh, there was a warning from Putin about arming flesh eaters.

At some point someone in the past twenty years developed a bioweapon that effectively turned people into zombies. I think it was the russians and i think they never stopped working on it.

I recommend a battle axe personally...like one of the axes found here.

At some point you are gonna run out of bullets, stay safe America.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
reply to post by James1982

I agree with everything you posted, and will go you one step further:

The zombie-fighter fantasy allows the hero to feel superior.

If what you posted is correct (and I believe it is hyper-correct!), and the zombs are asleep, then the killer is the only "awakened one" in the story. He is the one-eyed man in the city of the blind. So he is superior AND gets to create his own personal moral code, with self at center.

Obviously, if you find yourself in a tiny remnant of survivors, that automatically makes you a member of the elite. One of the other casualties of the official western materialist/ therapeutic world-view is that most people today realize that they are a bunch of "sames." The only way to set yourself apart from the herd, to become elite is either through fame (basketball, sex-tapes, movie-star, pop0singer) or fate (lottery, lawsuit,) or as survivor of a catastrophe.

The fantasy of (a zombie, or other) apocalypse, for many, is the only way they'd ever hope to be part of an elite.

Great post!

It makes even more sense when you consider the people who talk about going around looting and stealing. What's more "elite' than that? A small number of people who are more intelligent and superior to the zombies (sheep) going around killing them off, stealing resources, that's exactly what the elite are doing right now.

Maybe the elite aren't bad, they are just human, and most people in their position would act in the same manner, as suggested by the desire to act just like them in a post apocalyptic world. Our freedom as lowly peons is breakdown of society, their freedom is control of society. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the zombie thing is just an extension of the stupid survivalists. There are "survivalists" out there that think that survival really just means running around and killing everyone they can. Zombies is just a fantasy where survivalists go around killing unarmed people for fun.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well... I don't personally believe 'real' zombies (the ones from the myths and films) are probable.
However, the biochemical warfare with a spin off of the bath salts drug could make for a modern zombie that IS possible.

However, I am with the guy who said that zombie preppers are actually prepping for a wide range of scenarios, not just a specific one. As in a zombie scenario nothing will stay and everything will fall apart. While some other scenarios (such as a natural disaster) still leave room for outside help.

Prepping for zombies alone is not something I'd do, but I would take into account that, when my country and neighbouring ones fall apart, there will be people who display some of the typical zombie habits (cannibalism, violence, no regard to other human beings). I don't believe they'd be undead, but rather only looking out for themselves and taking what they want by any means necessary (like most people who don't prep, and even some who do).

However, I do have it in the back of my mind that a zombie pandemic might come true if a country manages to create a biochemical weapon with the bath salts drug or other related things.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Zombie Prepping kind of covers everything though, doesn't it?

Biological
Supplies
Fellow Survivors
Loss of the Grid

Basically, if you're prepped for that, you've got the rest covered by default.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Zombie prep doesn't get you ready for an Earthquake.

For an earthquake, you need things like hard-hats, ladders, lots of ropes, bolt cutters, pry bars, radios, and spray paint (to mark houses that have been cleared of bodies).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

For an earthquake, you need things like hard-hats, ladders, lots of ropes, bolt cutters, pry bars, radios, and spray paint (to mark houses that have been cleared of bodies).

All of which a zombie prepper would have.

Hard Hats - to prevent bites to the head
Ladders - to escape zombies (ever seen them climb a ladder?)
Ropes - to tie up, trip, or bundle zombies for destruction
Bolt Cutters - to get past chained fences that could cut off escape, or to loot places
Pry Bars - to loot places, and as a weapon
Radios - to coordinate with team members
Spray Paint - to mark an area with zombies locked inside

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well to be fair if you tell people you prep for zombies worst they will do is laugh,say your prepping for a collapse of society or economic collapse and people think your nuts so saying your prepping for zombies is good cover.

prepping for one and only one thing is problay not a good idea as variety and whatnot is a good thing when surviving best to have a ballenced set up so you are ready for almost anything that the world throws at ya

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

We always use the zombie excuse so we can laugh it off, but really, we're prepping for as many situations as possible, because it could be a combination of things.

For example, if the power grid goes, nuke plants will have meltdowns, which then means radiation, etc. So even if we aren't nuked with missiles, we may need nuke preps.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The potential exists for there to one day be a zombie apocalypse. But the plausibility is unlikely. And it would probably be nothing like what you see in movies.

We know that there ARE viruses that can turn insects into zombies. But these zombies aren't out eating other members of their species, they are self-destructing to spread the virus.

Take the gypsy moth caterpillar, for example. Normally, they live about mid-way up a tree, sleep during the day and eat leaves at night. This is to protect themselves from the elements and from predators.

When they become infected, they do what the virus tells them. Which is, spread the virus. So they disregard this self-preservation they normally follow and climb up to the top of the tree. The virus then liquefies them internally until they burst. This rains down the virus all over the tree, in the hopes of infecting more caterpillars.

So if zombies were to exist, they would probably climb onto rooftops or crowded areas, turn into big bags of liquid and explode.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join