Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Zombie Preppers???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It's not your daddy's prepping. It's zombie prepping! And it's coming to your community.

Do you think it's wise to prep for a specific type of apocalypse?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I think zombie obsession has killed a once awesome genre. Sad.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Zombies?! Why would there be any zombies during the apocalypse? "The dead shall rise up"? Well that could mean anything. It could mean people who has for identity other people who are now dead. In other words, people who have avatars of Lincoln, or of St Augustine. To our ancestors (and their low level of knowledge in computers), it would look as if the dead were alive again. Simple solution for a simple mystery.
edit on 23-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Anybody who takes zombies seriously is childish and needs to get their heads checked.
Its a culture fad...nothing more.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Anybody who takes zombies seriously is childish and needs to get their heads checked.
Its a culture fad...nothing more.

that's not what the Harvard professors say in the video. There most likely is a zombie virus out there. It would be a perfect means for population reduction which is the number one goal of tptb.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

zombies
NEVER HAPPEN

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Although I agree, I would have said it with a bit more manners.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
that's not what the Harvard professors say in the video. There most likely is a zombie virus out there. It would be a perfect means for population reduction which is the number one goal of tptb.

The best mean of reducing the world population is to make them fearful of technology and push them into revolution against their respective government. The war would be only in favor of the Elite (which kept its technological level): The old government is overthrown, and the Elite has population reduction + control over all nations.

A virus is too dangerous. It could spread into the Elite's HQs. I think this Harvard guy may be attempting to feed disinformation, one of the great tactics you learn in the military.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I can't
Watching people take this seriously is like watching people prepare for the tooth fairy holocaust or the santa claus apocalypse.
Its hard to watch people waste their money and energy on something so idiotic.

This is the survival forum...not the fantasy forum,which is why I am a tad annoyed by this topic.

I have gear for a biological outbreak but not once has zombies ever entered my mind...I am realistic.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The question would be, what kind of zombies. The ones that stumble around, or the ones that can run.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think there may be a lot of crazy people in high places in societies
I watched the movie.

First of all, people have immune systems that can fight off stuff like this. I can't take a flu shot without getting a violent reaction. My body throws all it has at the flu vaccine, I am thinking that if there were some viral outbreak my immune system could help to protect me and build up resistance. Just because a person is exposed to a virus or bacteria, doesn't mean that we will get the disease.

Next comes people's morals, which are often based in very protected areas of the brain. A person who has strong beliefs not to hurt others would take their own life before becoming something that they don't want to be, they would starve before eating another human. You can't lump everyone together in one bowl, we are all different and have different morals.

A person can be hypnotized to cause zombie like activity, rigamortis like activity similar to Raynards syndrome can kick in and cut circulation to the extremities, I suspect that this could be recreated by a virus in the body. These people in this state do not bleed, their reactions are slow and they stiffen right up. I watched a movie about this when my daughter was taking an online religion class from Harvard. The reduced bloodflow would protect the person, but the person would not live long, possibly two days, before dying. Shutting down certain parts of the brain can be done in many ways.

Depending on what the cause, certain things can be used to help an infected person. Saffron might help with viruses, Dandilion leaves would kill most other parasites as would possibly yarrow. Knowing which way to go would be necessary, because killing off microbes in our body to help us fight virus is not a good idea. I have millions of soldiers living in and on my body that will help me fight.

In order to fight this disease, the body would need stores of chemicals, these chemicals are stored in our fat cells. I would predict someone too fat would just overreact and die, while those with little fat would secume to the virus. A person with a little fat might have enough chemistry to fight this disease, as long as they have been eating a variety of foods containing the chemicals to fight disease. Those with a super strong immune system may just die also, the histamine response could kill them.

I'd expect that people on immune system blockers would be more susceptible to catching something like this, those who eat too many antioxidants might be in trouble. A balanced diet of oxidants and antioxidants is best.

I can't say I am worried about this happened, I don't like to fear anything. It is interesting though and very possible. I doubt if the government is purposely behind this, but their allowing scientists to study this may be irrational, Accidents happen every day, what they think of as a harmless controlled mutation may also mutate into something unsuspected. I think that we will soon destroy ourselves because of alchemy again, I think many plagues in history were caused by alchemical practices. Too much change too fast destroys civilizations. We never learn from the mistakes made in history, instead we cover them up.

It's actually good to learn of the perceptions of others, although I do not totally agree with it it is important to understand what they think...just in case. The condition caused by a virus outbreak may shut down the brain sections as they say, but it may not be permanant, I suspect that our immune system could reverse the condition....I sure wouldn't kill my children or wife, I may restrain them but I wouldn't kill them. Starvation mode can help to heal, it takes three days to kick in.

I doubt if this will happen, but it is good to examine the possibility so a person can devise a plan. My plan does not include shooting people in the head unless it is a last resort

If anyone thinks something like this cannot possibly happen....they are idiots. It is not probable but it is possible.
edit on 23-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think that for people that prep for a zombie apocalypse are ready for any scenario that "normal" preppers prep for.

Every scenario (besides one from outside Earth) would happen. It's smart to prepare for the worst/all scenarios then to pigeonhole yourself to just __________ (insert scenario).

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The zombie preppers are people building up supplies that more than likely wouldnt have for a regular every day emergency. Most are from my generation and younger and yes it is a cultural fad type thing but why not promote it so there's more prepped people and less out stealing from others.

Eta. Even if some of the zombie stuff is useless without zombies...some of that stuff however like bows knives hatchets and the like will be very handy around the camp.
edit on 23-8-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I agree, I think preparing for a zombie apocalypse is a great idea because it covers so many scenarios.
Also, don't tell me there can't be zombies when I seen a man eat another mans face. I don't care if he was on bath salts, or any other drug/s. Drugs, virus, or mental illness, never say never.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

I was just about to reply with almost the exact same reply. Do I think the Zombies are coming? Nope. But if you're prepared for the "Zombie Apocalypse" then you are surely prepared for a dollar collapse or EMP attack, etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The world is full of zombies! Their minds have been damaged by TV, fast food, chemicals, public education, etc... That's why they are always looking for "braaains". They can run. They can loot. They can kill!

Are they like movie and TV zombies? No. They are much, much, worse! They can run, jump, swim, and have some thinking ability. They are not outwardly decayed, so it is difficult to tell who is a zombie and who is not. By the time you find out it is probably too late!

They really don't want brains. They wouldn't know what to do with them if they had them. They want stuff. Your stuff.
They want your food, your gear, your precious'es. They will gang up to get them.

The only cure for zombies is lead. You don't have to cut the head off or destroy whats left of their brain, although that will certainly do it! Multiple center mass hits will work fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The masses ARE the zombies. It's an easy way to openly discuss the wide scale killing of other humans in a survival scenario.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Zombies can also be equated to hordes of people who have not prepared for any type of interruption in services. The US has an infamously short food supply that would be virtually depleted within just a few days of an infrastructure collapse. The result of such a collapse would be a near total population without the means to support it's self.

The 300 million plus people who had no prepared contingency would then search out and consume any remaining supplies. They would overwhelm any resistance and take without regard to anything but their own selves.

They would become a horde of marauding zombies taking whatever they wanted and destroy the rest.

Worse yet, they would not be physically debilitated nor mentally stunted as zombies would be so defending ones self would be much harder to do than with mythical zombies.

The zombie hordes are actually the every day populations who continually consume but never provide.

In the last half century, most of the US jobs that required hands on skills have been exported. Most food production is done by industrial style farming and automation. Most people with any type of true self support skills are well into retirement.
Since most Americans are now consumers who have no actual productive skills that would be useful in a post technology world, the US would probably fare very poorly.

My guess is that nine in ten Americans would act like zombies given a total failure of infrastructure and services.

It seems that preparing for "zombies" is nothing more than an analogy for preparing for the very possible future.

In a shtf scenario, the zombies will be your neighbors.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yup, im ready for the zombie apocalypse and just about everything else. I have been reading the survival threads and my bug out bag has just about everything i need. Sure it weighs over 2 tons now but i can live in it. But anyways, i have a scroll that i can use to summon a dragon when zombies come. So all i have to do is hop on the dragon and ride it to safety

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think that most "zombie preppers" are everyday survivalists, but they operate under the assumption that if you're prepared for zombies you're prepared for anything, and thus use zombie preparedness as a benchmark for their level of readiness.

People who really think zombies are a plausible threat are probably off their rockers.

See the CDC's stance on the zombie preparation position: www.cdc.gov...

Edit: What's with all the complaining about brain-dead consumers and the "hordes" in the U.S? This is a survivalist board, can't you keep your ham-fisted social criticism confined to a different board? It's not like ATS is lacking in places for you to vent your frustration.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Tetrarch42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join