It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm: Ancient Egyptians wore jewelry made of materials from outer space

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Harte

Now, if someone with "advanced" tech built the pyramids, why, exactly, are these ramp remains there?

Mind showing me a picture of these [ramp] remains?

Here's a PDF that tells about their discovery (among a great many other things regarding pyramid construction.)

Harte

Below is the 'ramp' which Abousir Zahi Hawass 'discovered,' and sponsored for publication in this referenced report.

a. At least one third of the recitations in this report were from other reports developed personally by, or authorized earlier by Zahi Hawass himself. And Zahi, we now know from after the fact, was such a trustworthy and neutral individual, I am sure we were delivered these recitations in only the highest of integrity.

b. And I am sooooooo glad that they were archaeologists who proposed this, and not engineers; I mean, who wants to put up with asking engineers whether the ramp was feasible? Such a waste of time and energy when we have reports to be done.

c. Screw the pyramid, I want to know about this RAMP!! Wow!! Pyramid schmyramid..., this RAMP was the single greatest feat of engineering ever accomplished by man. The unheralded Eighth Wonder of the World. Fully 340% larger in volume than the pyramid and having to support 80% more weight than the pyramid itself. The stones, from their technology-elect would have been massive!!

The Ramp is a true wonder of wonders... being completed in 10 years and all too...

... and then they removed it.
(the removal of the ramp was the Ninth World Wonder)

d. Ramps are engineering for 12 year olds. There are much simpler, faster, smarter, less work intensive and more economical and expedient means of lifting 2.5 tonne stones up an inclined surface.

This is nothing but stupidity and political correctness being passed off as science.

Ad Hominems won't make the ramp remains disappear you know.

You can use the same baseless strategy to undermine all of Egyptology over the last 30 years, since Hawass has had his fingerprints on all of it, somewhere.

That said, nobody is suggesting you have to like the man.

Harte

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Taggart

Ancient Egyptians had a well structured social system and good level of science. This is the reason why this empire lasted so long.

It is not fruitful to compare with modern society. Egyptians were better than other competing societies in many aspects. One of that was their knowledge of metals.

I agree, I was disagreeing with the guy who said they were more powerful and clever than todays people.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I so loathe the "ancient aliens" BS.

These people seem to think that ancient humans were completely retarded (in the literal sense of the word) and couldn't wipe their own behinds without help from some outer space cthulhu.

1) it's not that hard to cut limestone. It's a pretty soft stone after all.

2) it's not that hard to stack blocks one on top of another.

3) Yep, I completely buy that they would find an iron meteorite, heat it up crack it up, then make jewelry out of it. Wouldn't take a huge leap of thought to do that.

Humans are pretty smart, we have come up with some ingenious things throughout our time on this planet. There's no need for outer space people to come down and show us everything step by step.

I'll tell you what then;
I want you to go many miles away and cut a 300 ton limestone rock off a mountain wall, or out of the ground. Then I want you to transport it for many, many miles to it's new location. Then I want you to cut all sides to mathematical precision. Set stone in place. I'll even give you an advantage that the Egyptions didn't have, which will be a diamond-tip chisel, and any modern hammer of your choosing. When you get that done, PM me. You can even get a couple thousand people to help you.

If you're old school, and I'm all about old school, then use the tools that they had at the time. When you're done, we'll put a laser on the stone to see if it is almost perfect, just like the stones at the pyramids. I have a feeling that you won't even be able to cut a 100 pound stone and do this, let alone a 300 ton one. Remember now, chisel and hammer. Oh, and you cannot use any modern techniques like surveying, etc.. I'll be waiting....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje

Originally posted by HauntWok
I so loathe the "ancient aliens" BS.

These people seem to think that ancient humans were completely retarded (in the literal sense of the word) and couldn't wipe their own behinds without help from some outer space cthulhu.

1) it's not that hard to cut limestone. It's a pretty soft stone after all.

2) it's not that hard to stack blocks one on top of another.

3) Yep, I completely buy that they would find an iron meteorite, heat it up crack it up, then make jewelry out of it. Wouldn't take a huge leap of thought to do that.

Humans are pretty smart, we have come up with some ingenious things throughout our time on this planet. There's no need for outer space people to come down and show us everything step by step.

I'll tell you what then;
I want you to go many miles away and cut a 300 ton limestone rock off a mountain wall, or out of the ground. Then I want you to transport it for many, many miles to it's new location. Then I want you to cut all sides to mathematical precision. Set stone in place. I'll even give you an advantage that the Egyptions didn't have, which will be a diamond-tip chisel, and any modern hammer of your choosing. When you get that done, PM me. You can even get a couple thousand people to help you.

If you're old school, and I'm all about old school, then use the tools that they had at the time. When you're done, we'll put a laser on the stone to see if it is almost perfect, just like the stones at the pyramids. I have a feeling that you won't even be able to cut a 100 pound stone and do this, let alone a 300 ton one. Remember now, chisel and hammer. Oh, and you cannot use any modern techniques like surveying, etc.. I'll be waiting....

Why would he need a 300 ton block?, the largest stones in the pyramid are estimated at 50-70 ton (kings chamber). He wouldn't need to move it far as 99.9% of the pyramids stone was quarried locally using wooden wedges & water and only weigh a few tons.
As for mathematical precision the pyramids core is constructed of very rough blocks of all varying sizes (can be seen in any close up photo). Only the outer skin was decently cut and these were much smaller and could be moved by a handfull of men.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Taggart

Ancient Egyptians had a well structured social system and good level of science. This is the reason why this empire lasted so long.

It is not fruitful to compare with modern society. Egyptians were better than other competing societies in many aspects. One of that was their knowledge of metals.

I agree, I was disagreeing with the guy who said they were more powerful and clever than todays people.

Are you joking?, most of todays society are dumb & spoonfed, everything is handed to them on a plate.
For instance if there was some disaster that made everyone have to live in the same conditions as the ancient egyptians had to endure then most would not cope.
How many people could build a permenant shelter?
How many could hunt, kill, gut, clean and cook an animal.
How many could plant and raise crops?.
How many could make material & make thier own clothing?
The list goes on & on, people today have no survival skills and if anything bad happened the vast majority would be dead in 3 months

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hmm intresting,From space huh? Wonder how they got thay or get there?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by HauntWok

Really? Not that hard to stack hundreds of blocks that weigh tons in perfect symmetry, with no machinery and not to mention the logistics involved.. yeah right!!! Obviously have no idea!

Here I thought it was just me

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KILLERCODE

The heaviest stone in the great pyramid was 70 tons they were used for the king's chamber and not to mention they had to be brought so many km to the pyramid and then actually stacked 481 feet high and the precision at which they were built is outstanding they are directly a lined with orion's belt and not to mention that archaeologist didn't find burn marks inside the pyramid which would come from burning stick for light so if they didn't use fire as a source of light what did they use and why did civilizations around the world that had no contact build pyramids.

Well, it only took 172 men to 60 tons, so we could safely assume given the equation I presented above (3 men per 1 ton) that 30 more men could move 70 ton blocks. That'd be a total 202 men. How is that something that requires Aliens?

I guess we are also required to assume that Aliens taught the Egyptians how to read and write? How to count? How to develop reason and logic? If Aliens did, then why would Aliens build the Pyramids? Just have the Egyptians do it themselves since now they possess the knowledge and skill to do so. But but...that would make to much sense, wouldn't it?

It's this kind of circular logic that you AA'ers don't like being called into question. Instead you'd like us to believe that the Egyptians were smart enough to do all of the above (develop language, mathematics, reason, logic, a complete religion and mythos) but not smart enough to apply that knowledge to build a pyramid?

No no....the Aliens HAD to do that!!

I used to be an AA believer. I really used to be. I watched all the shows and I really bought into it. I even had Georgio Tsoukalous on my facebook. Then I found out about Ancient Aliens debunked. I went to the website, I read the sources and I educated myself.

The worst part about this stuff is that it robs humankind of our greatest achievements. WE built those Pyramids. WE went to the moon. AA theory is like this self depreciating attitude that we are not capable of achieving monumental goals and instead give the credit to Aliens - robbing ourselves of our natural potential for greatness and diminishing ourselves to that of dumb slaves who really can't do much at all on our own. That we needed Alien intervention to achieve anything worthwhile.

This is the same problem I have with Philip Corso's book "The Day After Roswell". It completely gives credit of some of the most amazing achievements in mankinds history to a FABLE that 70+ years later STILL can't be proven as fact. Things like we got the transistor (which was a paradigm shift in thinking and engineering) from Roswell.

Instead we should be recognizing HOW GREAT WE HUMANS TRULY ARE. Not reducing ourselves to a bunch of dumb slaves.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
reply to post by KILLERCODE

The heaviest stone in the great pyramid was 70 tons they were used for the king's chamber and not to mention they had to be brought so many km to the pyramid and then actually stacked 481 feet high and the precision at which they were built is outstanding they are directly a lined with orion's belt and not to mention that archaeologist didn't find burn marks inside the pyramid which would come from burning stick for light so if they didn't use fire as a source of light what did they use and why did civilizations around the world that had no contact build pyramids.

Well, it only took 172 men to 60 tons, so we could safely assume given the equation I presented above (3 men per 1 ton) that 30 more men could move 70 ton blocks. That'd be a total 202 men. How is that something that requires Aliens?

I guess we are also required to assume that Aliens taught the Egyptians how to read and write? How to count? How to develop reason and logic? If Aliens did, then why would Aliens build the Pyramids? Just have the Egyptians do it themselves since now they possess the knowledge and skill to do so. But but...that would make to much sense, wouldn't it?

It's this kind of circular logic that you AA'ers don't like being called into question. Instead you'd like us to believe that the Egyptians were smart enough to do all of the above (develop language, mathematics, reason, logic, a complete religion and mythos) but not smart enough to apply that knowledge to build a pyramid?

No no....the Aliens HAD to do that!!

I used to be an AA believer. I really used to be. I watched all the shows and I really bought into it. I even had Georgio Tsoukalous on my facebook. Then I found out about Ancient Aliens debunked. I went to the website, I read the sources and I educated myself.

The worst part about this stuff is that it robs humankind of our greatest achievements. WE built those Pyramids. WE went to the moon. AA theory is like this self depreciating attitude that we are not capable of achieving monumental goals and instead give the credit to Aliens - robbing ourselves of our natural potential for greatness and diminishing ourselves to that of dumb slaves who really can't do much at all on our own. That we needed Alien intervention to achieve anything worthwhile.

This is the same problem I have with Philip Corso's book "The Day After Roswell". It completely gives credit of some of the most amazing achievements in mankinds history to a FABLE that 70+ years later STILL can't be proven as fact. Things like we got the transistor (which was a paradigm shift in thinking and engineering) from Roswell.

Instead we should be recognizing HOW GREAT WE HUMANS TRULY ARE. Not reducing ourselves to a bunch of dumb slaves.

Ok but why say that the god's came down is great machines every civilization with no contact and why most of them build pyramids.Puma punku even an sculptor said it would be difficult with today's technology to do that.We human's are great and have achieved great thing's but some thing's the ancient's did they had to be helped by someone with advanced technology and even the ancient's said the god's built some of the things.Look at the the great pyramid of Giza and then look at the ones built after it...if anything the newer pyramid's would look better but they are not....almost like they copied of what the god's did but could not do it as good.I guess that you watched the youtube video Ancient aliens debunked by Chris White...well take at look at this link www.philipcoppens.com....

edit on 20/08/2013 by KILLERCODE because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/08/2013 by KILLERCODE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Gee Harte I find you in the stangest places what 8 pages on AE using meteor iron?

Egyptian iron beads that were once thought to be hammered out of traditional iron ore. Researchers from UCL have dispelled this notion, revealing that the earliest jewelry artifacts were actually made from materials from outer space.

Let me guess.......endless un-evidence speculation about space aliens building pyramids and helping us poor dumb humans to do stuff.....lol

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Let me guess.......endless un-evidence speculation about space aliens building pyramids and helping us poor dumb humans to do stuff.....lol

You guess wrong. Never said anything about space aliens building pyramids. In my honest opinion, I believe that humans built the pyramids, particularly the Great Pyramid, just not the ones we think built it/them.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILLERCODE
Ok but why say that the god's came down is great machines every civilization with no contact

Other than Hindu religious texts, where do you see any cultures making this claim?

Originally posted by KILLERCODEand why most of them build pyramids.

Most of what fringers call "pyramids" are earthen or rubble mounds.

True pyramids were built by Egyptians and Mesoamericans. Even the Mesoamericans are facades only, the interiors are rubble piles there.

Originally posted by KILLERCODEPuma punku even an sculptor said it would be difficult with today's technology to do that.

One sculptor, hunted down and paid to appear on "Ancient Aliens" stated that it would be hard. Is this evidence of anything?

Nobody is claiming it would be easy, you know.

Originally posted by KILLERCODELook at the the great pyramid of Giza and then look at the ones built after it...if anything the newer pyramid's would look better but they are not...
Are today's cathedrals comparable to St. Peter's Basilica?

Harte

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

You guess wrong. Never said anything about space aliens building pyramids. In my honest opinion, I believe that humans built the pyramids, particularly the Great Pyramid, just not the ones we think built it/them.

Not you others in the thread

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Fair enough

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join