It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange yellow orb behind the moon right now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey, when you take pics of the moon, don't use night mode. Night mode uses a longer shutter speed... at least on the cameras that I'm familiar with. Since you are actually taking pics of light, use a fast shutter speed and moon pics will turn out awesome! I've had to use the fastest shutter speed possible on my DSLR, in order to get good pics of the moon, but they turned out great. Detail shows up instead of being completely washed away by light. I'll see if I can find a few pics. Too bad I didn't take any last night!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi from Texas, my daughter and i was outside last night we thought we saw something strange last night with the moon,just as the moon was rising we thought we saw another light with it, i was taking pictures of the moon,but didn't get any good shots,then my daughter seen a bright flash of light to the left of us,not lighting

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

It's the sun...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe it's Mars.

Try using Google Sky, or the equivalent. Stellarium on a PC.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Was outside just now, gettin rid of a few slugs in my garden before they eat everything in sight... There is a big sky filled with stars but no sign of the moon anywhere?? grrrhhhh!! those damn leprechauns prob gone and bagged it againnnnn!!! little buggers...
I was looking at it through the scope last night and didn't notice anything odd, cept a ball not so far away from it that changed colours a lot,, but where is tonights moon hmpf!!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

It will rise at around 11pm to midnight, tonight. It rises not quite one hour later each night.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Saint Exupery because: clarity

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Probably a lightning bug flying in the air

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Just listened to this Whistleblower in regards to objects behind the moon.
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by siriusstudent

Hi i just watched that video,and i firmly believe something is going, on i know my daughter and i saw something strange that night with the moon,just as the moon was rising there was a object just behind it,i did take pictures that night but i think i deleted them off my camera

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Moon is a very bright object. The common mistake people make when photographing the Moon is using long shutter speed, or night mode. That turns the Moon into a flaring blob of light, with all detail gone.

Astronomically speaking, it couldn't have been any real space object. Most likely, it was some atmospheric phenomenon, like moon halo. When there are some clouds or haze around the Moon, you can see a yellowish circle around it. If the cloud/haze was only to one side of the Moon, you propably saw a segment of that yellow ring. www.atoptics.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join