It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand shatters the hypnosis of mainstream media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I am a fan of Russell Brand myself. Here is an extract from an interview with some news reporters in the US.

had never heard of Russell Brand until recently, but he's about to become a household name across America thanks to his delusion-busting performance as a guest on MSNBC's Morning Joe program where he "ripped them all a new one" according to comments posted on YouTube.

www.expressionoftruth.com...

"This is a hotbed of neurosis and psychosis... I'm grateful to be here," Brand says to the other three hosts at one point, and they have zero reaction seemingly because they don't understand the multi-syllabic words he's using.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

They made with the pleasantries, then he wanted to deflect from the topic, so they followed his lead to be pleasant; then he scolds them for not keeping to the topic's agenda. He's got a severe case of god complex.

Oh and to your point...everyone tries to manipulate each other. He doesn't see it in himself because of his ego. He assumes his message is 100% truth thus he doesn't classify it as manipulation.
edit on 8/23/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Posted a few months ago.
Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media

It was funny though.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
"He" is a wizard of words. His hidden talents Brand the speechmakers speechless.
It's a treasure to watch Russell pirate the show.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ah, I cant tell you guys how much I loved watching this. Take that media scum.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Loool..! Russell is great. He has changed alot since coming out of rehab and splitting from Katy Perry. I think his eyes and mind have been opened and he can truly see what is going on..

This interview was hilarious, the body language of Russell toward the TV anchors and his words made them completely malfunction.. And the male anchor - the only comments he made were on Russell's open chest shirt, necklace and the fact that he did not understand a word Russell said on his radio show. Clearly they all felt uncomfortable and it showed..!

F/S Purp.. Great find

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I think the man makes a real point. The news reporters are farcical and twist and manipulate new stories. He did hijack the interview but he did so in order to make his point.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think you're looking at the interview with rose-colored glasses for Brand's perspective. What I saw was the hosts trying to be nice to him and his seemingly ADD attention span and then he turns on them by attacking their ethical conduct while preaching the high road from the sanctity of his ability to say whatever he wants because he's a comedian and he can get away with it. He was essentially preaching from a high-horse to make himself seem witty - just to sell tickets. His ethics went down when he did that, not up.

I won't argue against the fact that almost all reporters, talk show hosts, radio hosts, journalists, etc sensationalize their reports. It's basically their job to produce the most attention grabbing story they can. Is it always ethical? No, but for Brand to call them out on it is about as thought provoking as me running up to a mall santa and saying: "you're a liar - you're not the real santa".

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think that was the worst, most unprofessional interview I've ever seen. All three of them acted like a gaggle of silly teenagers. He has an interesting theme to discuss in his new show that they completely ignored. He was obviously there to promote this new show, which they avoided discussing. So he took over the show in order to promote his new show and in the process pointed out how rude they were and that MSM completely avoids the hard issues such as Snowden's and Manning's situations and the issues they bring to the table. I don't know, but I may have just become a fan of Brand!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am having a harder and harder time being a fan of this guy, i generally enjoy stand up comics but i rarely laugh at this guy's jokes anymore..

Besides, any maybe this is just me, if i was having sex with Katy Perry i doubt i would be able to think of much else but having more sex with Katy Perry.

Though i will admit he looked like he was two drinks away from seducing the host.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join