It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California state of emergency. The "Rim Fire"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The "Rim Fire" as they are calling it.

I've been telling people for years that our mountains are overgrown with vegetation. Untouched for years now, the growth has gotten to all time highs. Weeds here easily can get to your chest.

A couple days ago me and a friend were going to check out a fire at my old house because some drunk hit a telephone pole. We got there about five minutes too late, as the ire was already out. So we start heading hue and we see another fire. We tried to drive close but it was sadly too far away. Fire reports on the radio said it was 40 acres. So we head home and check them again it was up to 200 acres already! Seriously only ten minutes after it gree that much. I knew this was going to be a bad one.

About four days have passed and this inferno has gotten to 70 THOUSAND acres and 1% containment. This fire is only about fifteen miles in a line from my house. For the past couple days its been snowing ashes some the size of quarters.

This fire I headed to multiple houses and towns and can be there by Sunday. Tousands can be taken from their homes. Multiple evacuations have undergone and more to follow.

Feels like an apocalypse right over those once beautiful mountains.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

Could you put up some links please?
I am at work, and will only end up with french references if I try to search, and my parents and siblings all live in California, and my daughter is on vacation there now... I'd like to find out what areas you are talking about. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Link to site.

Here you go hope all is well

link   

edit on 23-8-2013 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
The Rim Fire Apparently Taking Place Now

This is crazy...

Tell me about it lol. I can see it from my house its like winter in the daytime. The ash makes it seem like its snowing with an eerie fog at all times.

There's no containing it homes will be lost.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
California has wild fires all the time. Multiple times a year. It's not a bad thing, it's a cycle of nature.

When I live in the mountains (and I mean 7,000+ ft- no yards only trees between houses) , there are preventative measures everyone takes to help minimize danger to their houses.

I'm not sure what the OP's cause of alarm is other than this fire is relatively close to their house. Although, 15 miles and the possibility of
"Tousands can be taken from their homes. Multiple evacuations have undergone and more to follow. "

only tells me there are enough roads and other fire breaks between the OP's house and the fire, that there should be no cause for alarm.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
California has wild fires all the time. Multiple times a year. It's not a bad thing, it's a cycle of nature.

When I live in the mountains (and I mean 7,000+ ft- no yards only trees between houses) , there are preventative measures everyone takes to help minimize danger to their houses.

I'm not sure what the OP's cause of alarm is other than this fire is relatively close to their house. Although, 15 miles and the possibility of
"Tousands can be taken from their homes. Multiple evacuations have undergone and more to follow. "

only tells me there are enough roads and other fire breaks between the OP's house and the fire, that there should be no cause for alarm.

Seems like this one is really really bad though :0

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I never said it was a bad thing. And no not really when there are only two roads to even get to this fire.

Im just stating what's happening not saying its the end of the world.

The terrain here is probably steeper than anything g you have traversed .

Any fire line that they have made so far has failed. So what does that tell you about it?.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

As of 8 p.m. Thursday, the fire's acreage in the Stanislaus National Forest stood at more than 63,000 acres, or 84 square miles, up from 16,000 acres, or 25 square miles, on Wednesday. In other words, the fire is now nearly twice the size of San Francisco.
www.nbcbayarea.com...

"twice the size of San Francisco"
Yikes. This doesn't look good at all.

edit on 8/23/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

70 thousand acres is small to mid sized
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Its doubling in size every day.

But I guess that's too small to ask Obama to help. If you don't care go troll someone else.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

That the fire lines they have formed (probably a controlled burn) were not large enough for the fire to not jump.
Two roads to access the fire, tells me its not on heavily (if at all) populated land.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

First, why would you ask Obama for anything?
Second, I assume you're new to the state or under 30, as I have seen/ read/ heard about far larger fires than this in this state so many times.
Third, if I've come across as abrasive, my apologizes. However this is by no means trolling. I do not see this fire as particularly noteworthy or anything the firemen cannot handle. Although I think it will not be contained for another two or so weeks.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Are you enjoying this? Interesting that you live so close to it and even visited during the point at which a second fire started. This IS a conspiracy forum.

Bad new for everyone hope it gets contained soon.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

At the end of her first post she says homes will be lost. She didn't say her home will be lost, or that she is scared her home will be lost. The fact that the fire grew so quickly, that it has been raining ash where she lives, and that people will lose their homes, are all things well-worth mentioning, I believe.

Anyway, it's crazy how many fires have been popping up all over the place here in California lately! A brief lightning storm a few days ago started one not too far away from where I live.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

At the end of her first post she says homes will be lost. She didn't say her home will be lost, or that she is scared her home will be lost. The fact that the fire grew so quickly, that it has been raining ash where she lives, and that people will lose their homes, are all things well-worth mentioning, I believe.

Anyway, it's crazy how many fires have been popping up all over the place here in California lately! A brief lightning storm a few days ago started one not too far away from where I live.

Yes. You are correct, and I spouted off thoughts without explaining them.
A quick burning forest fire is par for the course from what I've seen/heard/read here in Cali.
My family had to shovel ash like snow after the Mt. St. Helen's eruption, and at the time we were in the Salem, Oregon area. Quarter sized ash showers do not impress me.
People lose their homes. It is a fact of the world. As a fire travels into neighborhoods things like roads and drainage canals/ creeks/ ditches, all act as fire breaks to stop property damage, and up the likelihood the fire can be contained at that quarter, allowing the firefighters to concentrate at other areas.
I made my post to present a different side, rather than see others start a chain reaction of fear. Not to chastise.

I agree there have been a number of fires over the last month. I walked out of my work a couple weeks ago to see that it looked twilight at 2PM. It was surreal. But really it's no different than most other years I can remember

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

Originally posted by jeramie

Yes. You are correct, and I spouted off thoughts without explaining them.
A quick burning forest fire is par for the course from what I've seen/heard/read here in Cali.
My family had to shovel ash like snow after the Mt. St. Helen's eruption, and at the time we were in the Salem, Oregon area. Quarter sized ash showers do not impress me.
People lose their homes. It is a fact of the world. As a fire travels into neighborhoods things like roads and drainage canals/ creeks/ ditches, all act as fire breaks to stop property damage, and up the likelihood the fire can be contained at that quarter, allowing the firefighters to concentrate at other areas.
I made my post to present a different side, rather than see others start a chain reaction of fear. Not to chastise.

I agree there have been a number of fires over the last month. I walked out of my work a couple weeks ago to see that it looked twilight at 2PM. It was surreal. But really it's no different than most other years I can remember

I wouldn't think anything will impress you.

True there is no population right now but at the way its going thousands are at risk. I do t care about st helens because I lived there when I was a kid and remember the eruption as we watched those clouds billow ashes our way.

I don't care what you have seen that's you.

I was trying to show people are in need. They will ask Obama for a national state of emergency. They already cave a local state of emergency.

Go make your own thread to derail and make it seem like nothing is going on. If you were here I bet you would do the same thing. NOTHING.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLotLizard

I wouldn't think anything will impress you.

True there is no population right now but at the way its going thousands are at risk. I do t care about st helens because I lived there when I was a kid and remember the eruption as we watched those clouds billow ashes our way.

I don't care what you have seen that's you.

I was trying to show people are in need. They will ask Obama for a national state of emergency. They already cave a local state of emergency.

Go make your own thread to derail and make it seem like nothing is going on. If you were here I bet you would do the same thing. NOTHING.

Actually what impresses me is that you who in your intro say:

I'm relieved to be back and hopefully an old dog (even though I'm 21) still has some tricks up his sleeve.

and

Truthfully I been a member to this site since 2002 I found it when I was 13 looking up top secret weapons for a school project.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet you remember the eruption of Mt st. Helens which happened 9 years before your birth. That impresses me.

Thousands of people are not at risk. People can and have evacuated. Houses are at risk and 'tourist season' profits are at risk.

It's not that nothing is going on, it's that nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

The quick-spreading fire is the fourth-largest in the nation, National Interagency Fire Center spokeswoman Robyn Broyles told Reuters, one of 50 large blazes burning in the western states.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

As you accuse me of doing nothing, may I ask what you are doing in regards to this fire?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Come on people, if your home was at risk, and it was close to you and a lot of people you know, you wouldn't say it was just "nothing".

Grow up.

I don`t care how "common" forest fires are, we had a few close to our house this year and had a few people we know loose their homes,even just ONE person losing their home IS a cause for concern, unless you are some psychopathic narcissist.

If it were close to your house it would be a different story I am sure...

It is like saying the tornados and floodings this year were no big deal because it wasn't YOUR house.... to someone, especially those who loose loved ones, it is a HUGE deal,

OP, keep safe, keep us updated, and ignore the narcissist troll.

edit on 23-8-2013 by hidingthistime because: sticky keyboard.

edit on 23-8-2013 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join