It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio man comes back to life after being dead for 45 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Pretty good story here a 37 year old Ohio man whos heart had stopped beating for 45 minutes and was officially declared dead suddenly came back to life.

When his 17 year old son found out he was declared dead he went to his father and said 'Dad, you're not going to die today and that's when he started showing signs of a heartbeat.

I pointed at him and said, 'Dad, you're not going to die today,'" the 18-year-old said. "I stood there for a few more seconds. I was about to walk back to comfort the family, and that's when he started showing signs of a heartbeat."

The teen said he "went from hopeless to hope in an instant

He has since been released from the hospital and doctors haven't found anything wrong with him saying their best guess was it was a viral infection..

Yahle said a "miracle happened" when he revived. He said doctors couldn't find any defects in his heart. He said his doctors' last guess was that it was all the result of a possible viral infection

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Somebody needs to ask the dude if there is an afterlife! I think 45 min. is long enough to find out!
edit on 8/23/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

Makes me think of the movie "Flatliners".
edit on 8/23/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
That's either some faulty equipment or God really doesn't exist. That man should've had massive brain damage and died. Crazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I've heard of toxins that slows people heartbeats down to a point where they are almost untraceable and not very frequent. I don't know if that could be the case - but it does sound very amazing that he should be able to recover without receiving any significant damage.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Maybe it was like in the movie Osmosis Jones and they saved him just in time. Was the guy Dan Akroyd?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have been reading about this on the news sites and was going to post it myself in the religious religious conspiracies . He is pretty adamant that God brought him back to life. In evangelical circles there are stories circulated of people being resurrected by prayer and/or at glory meetings by big name (or big name wannabes) ministers.

The question often asked is "why do these stories always happen overseas in some third world country where it is unverifiable by acceptable sources?"

Well here is one I suppose.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We have a D&D gamer friend that goes by the name of Lightning Rob.

And nicknamed for good reason.
Seems that Rob was walking home from the bus stop when coming home from work.
While on his walk home he was struck by lightning.
Rob was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead by the doctors.
However Rob woke up later on in the morgue. He was naked on a table with a white sheet on him and a toe tag on his toe.
Scared the living bejesus out of the guy working in the morgue. The worker was eating a sandwich at and threw it up in the air in fright. He promptly quit his job.

We tease Rob that he must of made his saving throw.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

We tease Rob that he must of made his saving throw.

Wow, he needed to role every turn man - even more impressive. Both the OP and yours are crazy stories. Being an empathetic person... you gotta think this changes the family quite a bit - I hope it would for mine.

V

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe he's Jesus?

I'm always amazed by stories like this...I'll have to keep reading!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

This guy stated in the article that he saw nothing of the afterlife. I have to agree with you, if the afterlife truly existed then 45 minutes is more than enough time to have seen something of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

This guy stated in the article that he saw nothing of the afterlife. I have to agree with you, if the afterlife truly existed then 45 minutes is more than enough time to have seen something of it.

Unless of course, he wasn't actually dead?

I'll add that I don't expect to see an afterlife.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I don't expect to see one either. And IMHO I don't think there's any way in hell this guy was truly dead. There would be serious brain damage, not to mention other things that take place when one dies that would be obvious indicators.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The guy's cardiologist went to school in Pakistan.

I'm guessing loose cardio wires and a slight lack of attention to other signs of life.

And before I get flamed, I've worked for over 30 years with doctors who were trained all over the world; there are good ones and bad ones from everywhere but half of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class, and half of all medical schools are pretty sucky. You do the math.
edit on 25-8-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thank goodness the dude was on his lunch break, couple more minutes and Rob would have been RIP..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Actually he got struck by lightning twice.
I was just told this Friday. I wasn't aware of that.

Something funny was that they were all at a bbq and they heard thunder.
Everyone took 1 step back from Rob just in case.
lol

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I myself was medically dead for about a 2, and half minutes due to a medical condition. No heartbeat, and no brain activity...and I also have nothing to report of any "afterlife". Not 45 minutes I know, but I was as dead as a man can be without rigormortis, or rotting.

Kind of depressed me at first to be honest. Takes a bit of an adjustment.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
The guy's cardiologist went to school in Pakistan.

I'm guessing loose cardio wires and a slight lack of attention to other signs of life.

And before I get flamed, I've worked for over 30 years with doctors who were trained all over the world; there are good ones and bad ones from everywhere but half of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class, and half of all medical schools are pretty sucky. You do the math.
edit on 25-8-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

The nurse made sure the cardio wires and the monitor equipment was on because she didn't want to take anything off from his body until the doctor said so.

After 5 minutes the brain after death begins to decay breaking down into an irreparable mass. brain function cannot be restored. However, this man's brain was functioning well. Under normal circumstances he should have been dead, but is alive.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Variable

Actually he got struck by lightning twice.
I was just told this Friday. I wasn't aware of that.

Something funny was that they were all at a bbq and they heard thunder.
Everyone took 1 step back from Rob just in case.
lol

very wise of everyone.

i knew a lady that was hit by lightning THREE TIMES. it seems some people are just lightning rods. heck the third time she was IN HER BASEMENT and the lightning came in the tiny window to get her, guess that whole "lightning strikes the highest object" thing is rather false.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
"dieing and coming back to life" even for 45 min is not all that uncommon apparently. my grandmother has "died" many times over the years, in DR's offices, and hospitals even. she has even been medically pronounced dead for over 45 min before, with no bad effects. so while it might be rare it DOES happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Been around a lot of death in the hospital.

Have been doing compressions on someone for 90 minutes and he could follow simple commands once a heartbeat was back (machine was doing the work of breathing, heart, lung and kidney).
Have been doing compressions on someone for 20 minutes and was completely brain dead - despite a heartbeat.
In both cases we were circulating blood (beating on their chest) and forcing oxygen into their lungs (with a tube and bag).

There had to be some sort of circulation and oxygenation during the 45 minutes. The floor calls codes down to the ICU all the time and then cancel them because the person was just very hard to wake up from a deep sleep.

I'd need to see the EKG, blood pressure and EEG during that 45 minute period. But... we'll never get to see that information.

top topics

join