It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nasdaq Halts All Trading" One Week Prior To "Bernanke's Getting Out Of Dodge". Related?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I might as well get this out of the way:

Isa 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Is the end near? Maybe...

That is a very serious quote, and much to think about really. I do think a limited nuclear war could take place though I sincerely hope it does not happen. These are dire times.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I am not sure we would go nuclear just yet, but if Russia does oppose the air strikes and decides to stick with Syria it could lead to a new cold war.

If China backs Russia, then who knows.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
one of the problems the U.S. faces is
a shrinking number of countries are willing to buy our debt.
the FED has been buying our bonds.
our prominence as a beacon to the world is plunging..sharply.
toothpicks and main stream media..is keeping us afloat so far,
and of course the constant flow of freshly printed money.
this flood of money though is causing higher prices..inflation.
our economy..and many economies are creaking on the verge of plunging.
what does this have to do with Syria? i really dont know..
i hope someone can connect the dots for me..im not seeing it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Every war costs money, so will any intervention into Syria.

It could be as low as 30 million a year up to a 1 billion a month or more, depending on the various strategies involved. Since many people could point to the war on terror as least part of our on going financial problems then it only stands to reason that should we enter another war in the middle east (Syria and Egypt are both currently on the table) one of the primary concerns for Obama will be the amount of money it will cost to get involved.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

thats what i dont get..why spend more money we dont have.
for what purpose? what is the underlying strategy?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I won't comment on Bernanke and the get out of Dodge issue, but when the Nasdaq trading halted,I can tell you for a FACT that it was not a technical issue. I have a friend that works at Arca, and I called him that night. He told me point blank that everyone there was scared sh$$less, in his words, because some extremely suspicious trades in both stocks and options were taking place that had all the smell of a major attempt to cause mass havoc.He couldn't say much more, but he did tell me that if I had any positions, I should get out of them. Fortunately, I am completely out of all markets, and have no intention of getting in. I told him that, and he said that was a wise move. What was going on? I'm still not sure, but it sure was a frightening conversation, with an old friend that I have known for most of my life. He is not the kind of person that exaggerates.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

what better time to do dirty work,
than when the lights are out.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Thats pretty interesting, thanks for the insight.
I know there was supposed to be some issue between Nasdaq and Arca that was 'claimed' as the cause.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I know there was supposed to be some issue between Nasdaq and Arca that was 'claimed' as the cause.

Quite honestly, I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten out in the public yet. The only thing I can think of, is that either they are still trying to figure out what was going on, or something worse, that I'd rather not speculate about. As I said, though, my friend has always been very straight with me, and he's given me very sound advice in the past, so I know that something very suspicious was going on. It was definitely NOT a technical problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
duplicate post

edit on 23-8-2013 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hmm, in your opinion do you think it could be related to the regular blasts of solar flares that have been coming our way. I glanced at a thread earlier in the week where someone was theorizing that the plane crash in California might have been caused by that. At first i dismissed it but since then i have seen at least two reports of military craft suddenly crashing.

The one in Montana and another one just took place in China today.

That combined with all the internet problems we referenced earlier in this thread have left me wondering if something is screwing with our tech on a wide scale.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hmm, in your opinion do you think it could be related to the regular blasts of solar flares that have been coming our way.

Not at all. He was implying that there were some very suspicious trades taking place, and they involved huge specific positions that did not seem to be based upon anything that made sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well, I am going there because of Albert Pike's comments about the 3 world wars the the third would be in the Middle East.

There has been talks about this limited nuclear war by many. I can see one of the rogue states getting a nuke, sending it towards Israel and they will respond in kind. It won't take much really to make it happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Albert Pike was quite a man..a clear thinker.
his writings amaze me!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I might as well get this out of the way:

Isa 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Is the end near? Maybe...

That is a very serious quote, and much to think about really. I do think a limited nuclear war could take place though I sincerely hope it does not happen. These are dire times.

Don't they have to rebuild the Temple of David before we go in that direction?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What about this also
Fox News‏@FoxNews1h

US naval forces move closer to Syria, Hagel suggests fxn.ws... via @foxnewspolitics

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 23-8-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maybe these guy know someting we don't

Hedge funds, insider traders begin dumping Monsanto stock as reality of GMOs sinks in across Wall Street

www.naturalnews.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-8-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So, George Soros's bet then?
1 billion is a pretty hefty wager.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

One would think so if taking the bible literally. The temple mount group has everything ready for the new temple including the blocks to build it. They are just waiting to do so, but they have been blocked. Years ago, they tried to mark the cornerstone and the Muslims went nuts. The government stopped them.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Other very recent odd events from the past two weeks include:

Google Outage: Internet Traffic Plunges 40%
The web giant is refusing to discuss why all its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube stopped working across the world.

news.sky.com...
3:00pm UK, Saturday 17 August 2013

Worldwide internet traffic plunged by around 40% as Google services suffered a complete black-out, according to web analytics experts.

The tech company said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes last night.

Microsoft SkyDrive, Outlook stricken by cloud outage
Redmond forgets how to give people email, storage
By Jack Clark, 14th August 2013

In typical Redmond fashion, information on the nature of the faults was scant, with Redmond saying "services such as Hotmail, Messenger, and SkyDrive are experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patient as work on the problem."

Amazon website suffers rare crash in US and Canada
19 AUGUST 2013
www.independent.ie...

Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down today for many users across the United States and Canada. It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.

edit on 8/23/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: added quote

My guess is that these outages have to do with the weakening of our protective electromagnetic shield combined with the recent solar activity. The fact that they aren't releasing information about the crashes is bad... maybe because they don't want people to know about impending solar disruptions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join