It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nasdaq Halts All Trading" One Week Prior To "Bernanke's Getting Out Of Dodge". Related?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Are these two events related?

Nasdaq halts all trading
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by WeBrooklyn
started on 8/22/2013 @ 02:34 PM

Bernanke's getting out of Dodge?
by MidnightTide
started on 4/21/2013 @ 09:47 PM

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will miss the annual Jackson Hole monetary policy symposium this year due to a scheduling conflict, skipping the prestigious event for the first time since taking the helm of the central bank in 2006.

The conference, held in late August in the splendor of the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, draws top central bankers from around the world. Bernanke's absence would mark the first time in 25 years that a Fed chairman has not attended.

A Fed spokeswoman, responding to a Reuters enquiry, said the chairman was currently not planning to attend because of a personal scheduling conflict.
www.reuters.com...

Jackson Hole economic summit in Wyoming 2013
Thursday 29 August to Saturday 31 August 2013

www.zapaday.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
And there's this as well:

Is Obama About To Crash The Gold Market Again?
www.zerohedge.com...

Meeting with POTUS tomorrow are heads of the CFPB, FHFA, the Fed, CFTC, FDIC, NCUA, the SEC & Comptroller of the Currency.
9:12 PM - 18 Aug 2013

CBS News White House Correspondent
Washington, D.C. · cbsnews.com

twitter.com... 87207755776&tw_p=tweetembed

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
And this just in:

Ambassador to U.N. Samantha Power Misses Emergency Syria Meeting
by xuenchen
started on 8/23/2013 @ 02:21 AM

Hmm. You tell me.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with this recent revelation

The Confidential Memo at the Heart of the Global Financial Crisis

VICE
Being discussed in this ATS Thread

Perhaps they know whats coming and need to get their game plan together?

Though i must admit when i first heard about the Nasdaq story my first thought was some kind of Cyber Attack on Wall Street.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Secret confabs. Major players bowing out of scheduled meetings. The nasdaq/NYSE thing. I've got a very bad feeling about this.

edit on 8/23/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Though i must admit when i first heard about the Nasdaq story my first thought was some kind of Cyber Attack on Wall Street.

I thought Anonymous. But now something else seems to be afoot, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Mmmm, Interesting times we live in

Given all the recent gold stories and the mass buying. Although chances are it'l just be a dud and nothing will come of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually i was thinking the Syrian Electronic Army instead of Anon, if only because Manning pulled his "Chelsea" stunt while the recent gas attack on Damascus was unfolding. Easier to get the US involved if they thought there was a real threat to the financial powers that really run things, especially if that threat could be traced back to Assad.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I gotta say that's a bit far fetched though, at this point if Assad really did attack Wall street it would only benefit the US. Since most of us agree the markets are collapsing and its only a matter of time.

Most brokers would welcome the notion of an artificial collapse.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Other very recent odd events from the past two weeks include:

Google Outage: Internet Traffic Plunges 40%
The web giant is refusing to discuss why all its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube stopped working across the world.

news.sky.com...
3:00pm UK, Saturday 17 August 2013

Worldwide internet traffic plunged by around 40% as Google services suffered a complete black-out, according to web analytics experts.

The tech company said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes last night.

Microsoft SkyDrive, Outlook stricken by cloud outage
Redmond forgets how to give people email, storage
By Jack Clark, 14th August 2013

In typical Redmond fashion, information on the nature of the faults was scant, with Redmond saying "services such as Hotmail, Messenger, and SkyDrive are experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patient as work on the problem."

Amazon website suffers rare crash in US and Canada
19 AUGUST 2013
www.independent.ie...

Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down today for many users across the United States and Canada. It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.

edit on 8/23/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: added quote

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Not really. First the S.E.A are Pro-Syria and back Assad, but more importantly they have been playing in the US for the past week or so. They got Time, Cnn and the Washington Post last week and then recently got Sharethis/GoDaddy. The thing that caught my eye though was that when it happened, all that was said for Sharethis was that it was a 'technical difficulty'

Same thing Nasdaq said today when they went down.

Now assuming Wall Street was a passing target, sort of a trial run to see how deep into the system you could really get then it might just be leading to something bigger.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Couple all of this with the bets that Soros has made in the form of put options against the S & P and we have what could very well be an engineered financial disaster.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Interesting connection actually....
Wasn't there a prediction about something happening on the 23rd?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Specific predictions like that usually don't pan out.

I tend to steer away from them. I like to look at overall short term trends.

Albeit, it's really hard to keep up with this stuff from Afghanistan. Normally I would give more detailed explanations of what I see coming down the pike. But alas I have no time for it.

Suffice to say that over the next few weeks I expect to see steep selloffs in the stock market, I expect to see retirement accounts severely devalued as the put options are against the S & P. Lots of retirement accounts play their luck on the S & P.

I would be looking into more secure investments right now. Possibly interest based short term accounts like CD's. I'm guessing interest rate hikes are in the works.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
X Day Thread

Heh, ask and ye shall receive i guess....even the OP posted in this thread...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yeah.. the X Day thread. About as worthless as the August 23 Rasputin thread. Wait... even more worthless than The August 23 Rasputin thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Man.. You know when you read something yet you don't really understand it, but it feels HUGE? This is how I feel right now. Please, please, please.. Can someone lead me to what may actually be happening under the rug? I'm seeing these little correlations everywhere.

Will the markets crash again? Is this some type of War ploy? Both? Eh.. questions, questions..

Officials are definitely acting shady.. Come on.. snatch this cat out of the bag already!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Man.. You know when you read something yet you don't really understand it, but it feels HUGE?
Officials are definitely acting shady..

This does feel huge. Bits and pieces of the puzzle spread out here and there. I'm seeing something, but I'm not sure what it is. Hence the thread. Maybe others can help with the bigger picture. Hard to put a puzzle together without the picture on the box to go by.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Fascinating.

I doubt they would . . . but one wonders . . .

could they possibly be planning to . . . uhhhhhhh . . . emphatically remove . . .

a whole raft of slightly embarrassingly complicit & oft implicated and scorned criminal stooges in one fell swoop . . .

but still, for some reason . . . need the Chairman still running around loose and operative?

I think that's a far out off the wall possibility

. . . yet . . .

given the folks in charge, far from totally implausible.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It seems the sun is spouting fire again....
Sun gets funky

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join