It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible PsyOp/propagand being introduced to keep a lack of Female Influence in the Military?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by shaukuna

And as you have had pointed put there is female influence in the military.
There are women wing commanders, squadron commanders, ship captains, making purchasing decisions at the Pentagon, generals, and admirals.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And as you have had pointed put there is female influence in the military.
There are women wing commanders, squadron commanders, ship captains, making purchasing decisions at the Pentagon, generals, and admirals.

When was the last time we engaged another military in naval or air battle?

Oh and please provide links to "purchasing decisions at the pentagon, generals, admirals" and i dont want links to those who are, as I have pointed out, they make up less than 20% of the military, which I posted a link to. So even if they do hold some of those positions, its still FAR LESS of an influence than men have.

You've contributed pretty much Nothing, Please try again.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaukuna

When was the last time we engaged another military in naval or air battle?

Wow, so not only do you have a chip on your shoulder, you have no clue how the military works if you think that's the only thing that the Navy and Air Force do.

Oh and please provide links to "purchasing decisions at the pentagon, generals, admirals" and i dont want links to those who are, as I have pointed out, they make up less than 20% of the military, which I posted a link to. So even if they do hold some of those positions, its still FAR LESS of an influence than men have.

Uhm....What? First you want links, then you don't? But please, explain to me how having the ability to buy equipment for the entire service "FAR LESS" of an influence than men have? Or how (if she gets the position) being Secretary of the Air Force is far less of an influence (and that she would be the second woman to get it).

You've contributed pretty much Nothing, Please try again.

No one can contribute anything, because you have already made up your mind and aren't interested in facts, because you are Right, and it is the Righteous Anger that fills you, so no one can show you any differently.

edit on 8/28/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Never said I didn't want links Zaphod, dont know where you got that from. I asked for links, then mentioned how I provided links for what I claimed.

And what you provided, even factually, still provided no support to a counter argument. It doesn't matter if they hold a couple positions, if they hold less than 20% of the total people in that branch.
edit on 28-8-2013 by shaukuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
BGen Salinas

Here's one of the last influential females I can remember in the Marine Corps. She was given BGen without leadership of a combat unit, which is a requirement. Look at the Navy and Air Force, there are tons of females in command within these branches. What do you want? A female SgtMaj of the Marine Corps (or some other large scale leadership role)? It is possible. In fact, the last Commandant of the Marine Corps could have been a woman. There were a few females in the running.

There is no psyop.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaukuna
And what you provided, even factually, still provided no support to a counter argument. It doesn't matter if they hold a couple positions, if they hold less than 20% of the total people in that branch.
edit on 28-8-2013 by shaukuna because: (no reason given)

Why would a group that is less than 20% of a branch hold higher up and influential positions? Im sure there are not many left handed magician/soccer players that hold influential positions in the military, maybe there is some psyop to keep them out...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

So, if the military didn't want women to have influence, your saying they would make it super obvious by never promoting females to positions that will give the appearence that they do have anywhere the same influence as men?

Perfect sense.

I already gave the suggestion that there may be women in on it too, hell in on it without even knowing they are being used to give the Apperance of having "power".
edit on 29-8-2013 by shaukuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

And you can't claim that they have no influence, even if they have less than 20%, if the positions that are held are positions that give them the ability to control the purchasing, or the policy of that entire service. That's a lot of power to hold. You don't have to have 80% of the positions held to have power or influence.

President Obama has nominated defense industry executive Deborah Lee James to the post of secretary of the U.S. Air Force, according to the White House.

James is the president of the technology and engineering sector at the McLean, Va.-based Science Application (SAIC), where she has been an executive since 2004. If confirmed by the Senate, James would succeed Michael Donley, who retired in June.

www.wired.com...

In December 2003, the Pentagon announced the project was to be frozen while an investigation of allegations of corruption by one if its former procurement staffers, Darleen Druyun (who had moved to Boeing in January) was begun.

en.wikipedia.org...

Influential women in military history:
www.army.mil...

Wolfenbarger runs, and until last week Dunwoody ran, their services’ weapons-development and logistics operations. The coincidence is not surprising. Early in their careers, women were barred from combat — and in the Army they still are – ruling them out of most four-star billets. Dunwoody, 59, commanded 69,000 people as chief of Army Material Command from Alabama’s Redstone Arsenal until Aug. 7; her retirement ceremony is set for Wednesday in Washington. Wolfenbarger, 53, heads the Air Force Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, and its 83,000 civilian and military personnel.

nation.time.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And you can't claim that they have no influence

I was looking for people to argue the topic as you have.

The thread starts with "possible" and ends with a ?

Thank you for posting your valid points.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The fact that BGen Salinas was put in charge of the MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) that does not have female recruits has to say something to you.

I still haven't seen an answer as to whether you've served in thru military yet. Yes, that is an important question relevant to this discussion. In my years of service, I have seen more females get opportunities that males. Was it because they're women or because they're better qualified for said opportunities than their male counterparts? I believe there is nothing holding back females in the military EXCEPT the older generation that is slowly disappearing.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

I still haven't seen an answer as to whether you've served in thru military yet.

I don't see why i should answer a question that will make people discredit some of my points, not that anyone will address them all/even read them.

Like, the counter argument to a few women have positions of "power", that if they didn't it would be horribly obvious that what I am suggesting could be more than a possibility. *shrugs* people want to assert the idea that the military is smart, except when it comes to keeping things like im suggesting under-wraps. "we got blah blah doing this job so how can you say we don't want women serving"?

Half the people probably think im talking about some psychic # when I say Psyop, when its psychological.

If you cannot understand a military wanting to psychologically discourage women from being in a military, while not covering their tracks then there really is nothing left to discuss.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Most of the points brought up have been shot down or dismissed as stupid. For one being quick to bring up arguments and counter arguments can you provide one example of psyop propaganda or "propagand" to keep women out of the military?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join