It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would all protectors of nature, please step forward...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hello! this topic is for all those who wish to protect Nature nd the natural order of things. This is for all those who love nature enough to care. If you do not wish to help us protect te mother earth from total destruction at the hands of pollution and so on, dnt post. Sorry, but just don't.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't even like to kill flies, I try to guide them out my patio door. Wasps on the other hand..

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Like I said: natural order of things. And what is natures order? Survival of the fittest. =D

hat sounds cruel, even to me, but hey. Nature made it that way. I don't kill anything unless it attacks. like wasps...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Wasps seem to always go for my face but I still think Hornets worse. I have noticed a sharp decline in Wasps/Hornets/Wild Honey Bees the last few years and that is not good. I have been wandering in the woods quite a bit and I haven't stepped on a nest yet(and at this time of the year they are usually very aggressive).

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
A big part of the problem is the idea that human beings and nature are separate things; the idea that nature needs a "protector"--something external--and we are it (the ultimate arrogance). But there is really no distinction. Nature is us. We are nature. We're protecting ourselves from... ourselves? That never works out well.

Rather than worrying about "protecting" (controlling) nature, we should simply identify those aspects of our own lives that are obviously in conflict with the "natural order" and change them. We have to start within ourselves, because we're never going to literally "fix the planet", like a mechanic tuning up an engine. That kind of thinking is what got us into so much trouble with our environment in the first place. Tinkering, manipulating, controlling, protecting, destroying.

I suppose there are those who would want to legislate this natural morality into our social consciousness. That never works out well either.

edit on 8/23/13 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
A big part of the problem is the idea that human beings and nature are separate things; the idea that nature needs a "protector"--something external--and we are it (the ultimate arrogance). But there is really no distinction. Nature is us. We are nature. We're protecting ourselves from... ourselves? That never works out well.

Rather than worrying about "protecting" (controlling) nature, we should simply identify those aspects of our own lives that are obviously in conflict with the "natural order" and change them. We have to start within ourselves, because we're never going to literally "fix the planet", like a mechanic tuning up an engine. That kind of thinking is what got us into so much trouble with our environment in the first place. Tinkering, manipulating, controlling, protecting, destroying.

I suppose there are those who would want to legislate this natural morality into our social consciousness, but that's probably for another thread (and a really horrible idea).

The problem is MONEY. As long as there is money to be made our environment will be little more than fodder. Our society/economy is based off of the destruction of nature and the consumption of resources.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

I would really like to step forward, but I cant get off of my ass right now.
I forgot the coppertone, and well , I am now the poster child of Solar Energy.

S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Nicely said. I share your sentiments.

When we kgnow the outer world is an extension of the inner world, and vice versa,.... that's it

Peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

We should consciously seek to not cause suffering onto existence. That includes our self, mankind, animals, bugs, trees, plants, air, water, and earth. We can enjoy and share the plentiful bounty, but we must also be conscious about how we go about it, and all of the cause-effect ripples it entails.

But first is peace, joy, and love within.

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You see, nature can fight for itself up to a point. It cant totally protect itself from everything. As humans, we must take care of nature and fight to keep natures perfect order. Only problem is, most people don't do that. They have zero respect for nature. It is people like them that nature must be protected from.

It is not the people who care enough to change their ways and to respect nature that us protectors must watch (I say watch for lack of a better word), it is the people who are after - like the kind poster a few statements ago said - money, and nothing else.

It is those that we must fight against. It is true that we are a part of nature, and so simply need to change our own attitudes and actions. But those who would destroy nature - and in essence, themselves - are no longer a part of nature's perfect order due to the simple fact that they have destroyed the last remnant of nature within themselves.

So basically, my view is that those who would destroy nature for the simple want of money have already destroyed the piece of them that resides within Nature itself. They have chosen to leave natures order, and so are not a part of nature any longer. Survival of the fittest no longer has any meaning. The circle of life - clichéd, and used in lion king, I know. But still very much true - means nothing to them. They will do anything they want - including destroying the last bit of nature

They are the ones we must protect nature from.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't like the name of this section "fragile earth". Humans are the fragile ones.
Life has survived several mass extinctions, humans have only survived several decades.

Life is very strong, though we do have the potential to wipe out a whole bunch of species, especially ourselves.
Life is strong. Look at Chernobyl, humans thought that it would become some sort of wasteland. But no nature actually does well.

Someone commented about nature and humans being distant and that we are not protectors. I blame the Bible partly for the view that we are higher as nature and need to protect it. I can give examples, I have the Bible in my possession. (but maybe it's part of human nature and not human nurture/culture)

We are at a interesting stage of life. I read more and more about species adapting and new species taking advantage of human development. I witness it myself too. In my area a lot of exotic plants grow.

That's gaia, the system gaia or the organism gaia, reacting to what's happening.

Some of it is not that pleasant, like many exotic mosquitoes spreading and resistant weeds, resistant pests and resistant diseases. But to me that's part of life.

I'm a strange creature, yes. And I have had diseases too. I had bronchitis when I was young, I destroyed it by cycling a lot and getting to late for school, giving my longs workouts. I had epilepsy, the doctor said to me "if you get another seizure you'll need to take medicines", after that I never had a seizure again, haha.

I have also strengthen my body against the weather. I always (some exceptions) went to school cycling , yes through rain and I have learned that I have actually had symptoms of hypothermia when I was soaking whet and in class. I've also had light frostbite, possibly second degree. (Also freezing cold can get you feel high. But I only got that high once.)

Treat nature like you would treat your body. Light damage can cause your body to become stronger (this is how body building works and how Mithridates VI of Pontus became poison resistant), give your body enough rest after damage (body builders also teaches this) and of course give your body enough vitamins and other good stuff.

What humans do wrong is not letting nature recover (in some places), and by damaging it chronically instead of doing little damage time by time. And by destroying dynamics not enough resources (the vitamins and other good stuff) can get into the environment.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don' kill flies.. Peeps seem to think they are dirty horrible things. But I don't think so. We had 2 pet flies that were happy living in our house until a kick ass big spider got them...!

Humans are a product of nature. Therefore we have a duty to uphold the ways of the Earth. We should not be destroying our only known home. Gaia cannot protect herself from us. Unless she does some shaking or erupting...! People have such disrespect for nature it sickens me sometimes.. Even pigs do not poop on their own doorstep...

We have become separated from Gaia. And this is why we are having such problems today. I think peeps should just stop for awhile. Go sit somewhere quiet and just BE. Listen, look, smell, touch...

Peeps need to come back down to Earth...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You know, now that I see the name of the section, I don't like it either...

But I agree that Nature can recover from a little damage. It always does. Like when a tree is cut down, for example, a new one is grown. That's how nature works. But if we cut down a million trees, or a hundred every day, nature is a little hard pressed to deal with that. I think you are right in that. But the wa I see it, we are not higher than nature and so can defend it. That is not my view. My point is, we are a part of nature, an so should protect nature because w are all a part of it. That is what I am trying to say.

top topics

join