It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli jets bomb Lebanon target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The Israeli air force bombed a target south of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, early on Friday, an Israel Defence Forces spokesman has announced.

The air strike targeted a "terror site" near Na'ameh, between Beirut and Sidon, said an Israeli military source quoted by Reuters.

This comes a day after rockets were fired into Israel from Lebanon.
Source

Well, I wonder if it'll end with one round of tit for tat or if this is the slow start to something bigger. It would be nice if they could call it even at this point. 1 hit for 1 hit...but somehow? I don't think it real likely?
edit on 22-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

And if they were of the kind released in Syria,, 1300 dead children, women, etc,,,
its time too act, before the Sarin Gas makes it way to The Jewish people again.
What would u do if the next rocket was the one.?
Kind of like Viet Cong Russian Roulette. diddy mao,,diddy mao,,,(slang Vietnamese for "go quickly".)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Well, if Israel would like to help make World War III...then I honestly lose all sympathy for what happens to them next. I'll feel for the civilians that die. I won't lose ONE second sleep over the pieces of crap in Tel Aviv who wrote their death sentences by their own hand.

If Israel wants to Do something, then BE ISRAELI about it and have some balls to get the job done. Israel has been feared for decades now because they don't go to war like pansies when they have a serious problem. They dont' kill 10,000 foot soldiers with a conscript level of education or interest. At least they haven't historically outside of wars they found themselves the target of and fighting for their very survival.

No..Israel has TRADITIONALLY killed the specific PEOPLE who made the problem. In example, Black September. Killed to the last worthless one of them ...not a full blown war started over it.

Israel throwing bombs around is the LAST thing that helps a situation when it's a half step from blowing over the top. Really..if they are the victims? I support them. As I have said I did and would under no uncertain terms. If they start their own war of obliteration? Well.... hell...... National Suicide is going to be ugly but Shalom and good luck on the other side.

*Israel could erase tens of millions and literally remove every capital city for 1000 miles around them ..and have it all done inside 30 minutes to an hour. What happens if Sarin his Israel??? 10-30 million people die within 60-90 minutes. That's what happens...and if THAT isn't enough for deterrence...then literally, nothing on this Earth can be. Hastening the war by adding to it, in the face of the above? Well... again, National suicide is ugly to watch if they keep it up.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

"The pilots reported direct hits to the target,"

Certainly is an interesting contrast in tactics and weaponry being used. The rockets launched from Lebanon landed in a field causing no damage, while Israeli conducts a precision strike.

Point and shoot vs target, track and destroy. Like the Iraq war, this event highlights the advantages of military technology.

I don't think escalation is in either parties interest.
edit on 23-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I don't fault Israel on that....not one bit. The fact the Arabs can't shoot straight or put a guidance system on their rockets that's worth a damn doesn't make the slightest difference. This is one of those situations where the thought really IS what counts. If Cuba, for instance, fired rockets at Miami and due to crappy tech, splashed every last one down into the water south of it? We'd still insure Cuba was never a threat to anything on Earth again. Missing wouldn't impress anyone to the intent.

Nor should it here. If they don't want killed, don't shoot south. If they don't want to be responsible for killing civilians? Don't shoot from residential areas...as they seem to do almost exclusively. That selects the targets of retaliation far more than the response does.

.....I just think Israel has the skill and capability to be far better than tit for tat bombing. They could kill the heads of the groups. directly and likely while they slept ..if they chose to. They need to choose to..IF retaliation is what they want. That would be effective and give the next replacements a REAL reason to consider their actions.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I can appreciated your perspective, but I was just noting the contrast between the two responses, not the merits behind them.

If any nation is attacked, whether is be Israel or Lebanon, Sunni or Shiite, Capitalist or communist, I would not be surprised by some retaliatory response.

The severity of each response and the subsequent escalation is an entirely different matter and when it comes to this part of the world, the debates regarding this issue have be raging for decades.

But as always, thank you for the in-depth response.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Indeed.

I'm thinking we can all agree on one thing. ALL sides need to clear their guns, lay them on the table and talk...not shoot their way out of this.

After all, unless one side..either side..honestly believes they are going to wipe the other side out to the last Baby? Then talking will come eventually, regardless. Suing for peace at the end of the war, if nothing else. If only both sides could skip the killing phase and just cut right to the suing for peace part, huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As usual, a story like this gets reported in such a way that Israel appears to be "in retaliation" to an "unprovoked" attack by *fill in the appropriate brown people here*.

While I don't know the details on this incident, 99% of the time you will find that, actually, Israel did something horrible to its own Arab population which caused outrage among the whole region.

Same crap different day...

This "right to defend themselves" platitude is a complete joke when they pick the fights to begin with.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Israelis are innocent. Its Netanyahu who is calling the shots and the responsibility lays on him.

Not the innocents effected by the drama unravelling in the middle east.
Really Israel has never wanted any wars - ever.
edit on 23-8-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Statistics and polls show that Israelis are the most racist of any developed "Western" nation. The majority if the Jewish population will refuse to work alongside Arabs, allow their children to interact, or live in the same vicinity as them. Maybe they are innocent compared to a massive scumbag like Netanyahu and the crows in Tel Aviv, but these are a people who annually celebrate the slaughter of innocent (brown) civilians by an IDF soldier who opened fire on a public bus. Truly disgusting people - and we're talking majority here, not a few bad eggs.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Israelis are innocent. Its Netanyahu who is calling the shots and the responsibility lays on him.

Not the innocents effected by the drama unravelling in the middle east.
Really Israel has never wanted any wars - ever.
edit on 23-8-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

You know the tough part on this is? Both sides want war when it comes to the leaders. Both side's PEOPLE want peace, I firmly believe. At least, I'll qualify that to say among the average folk living their daily lives.

However, headlines this morning lead with Protest Marches in Gaza against Peace Talks with Israel...organized by Hamas.

Neither side has leadership even remotely interested in finding peace. Sad for the people there, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Anyway, back to the OP before this thing gets derailed even further. I DO think this was just a one off tit-for-tat attack. With each passing hour there is no further response from the Lebanese side or from Hizbullah then this thing looks to be a non-event already over and done.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Anyway, back to the OP before this thing gets derailed even further. I DO think this was just a one off tit-for-tat attack. With each passing hour there is no further response from the Lebanese side or from Hizbullah then this thing looks to be a non-event already over and done.

Errr

It wasn’t Hezbollah initiated the attack this time…

online.wsj.com...

top topics

join