It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Country Cleans House - America, THIS is how you deal with Corruption!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I'll take cute over murder any day. Best of luck to the Czech, of course. But above all, I truly wonder what would happen if the US government were entirely unseated and a new one put into its place.... especially how long it would take before a new flavor of corruption seeps in. Meet the new boss.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

That would depend on people like ourselves. You can't let them get away with anything, otherwise they feel they can pull the wool over your eyes and keep on keepin' on. Treat them like the public servants they are, not "leaders" and a long blood line of prestigious political careers....which is what happens too frequently.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
Czech, please.

May they find the dirty culprits they are looking for and perform due justice.

And, they won't have to worry about the USSR coming to the criminals rescue.

I second that this second!
2! nd

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I completely agree that we need to hold them accountable and I realize that means that we have to keep an eye on them.

I work for a State Agency and I see serious issues all the time and I do my best to keep my superiors informed when something isn't being done legally or ethically. I kind of have reputation for putting people on the spot and being accountable. Actually I ride some of them like ponies when they screw up, but that is another story! lol!!

I was just pointing out that the system is moving so fast and the information is flying around the planet so quickly it seems like a lot of people are just not willing to be pushed around and screwed with as much or as often.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

I think that this is something that is slowly building up in people. We don't have to be violent to find a resolution, we just need to treat them the same way they would treat us if we committed a crime. As all of you know, if you don't pay your taxes or if you break some other law, they come down on you with a 100 pound sledgehammer. That is the kind of punishment they too should expect from us. Keep them too afraid to break the law and you may not root out corruption completely, but you will cut down on it significantly. The only thing that keeps them doing what they do is because they know most Americans either a.) wont' find out about it b.) are too distracted by life (possibly by situations created by these same crooks) or c.) they just don't give a damn (too young, uneducated, self-centered, uninformed, brainwashed, etc). Let's change that!
edit on 23-8-2013 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The sad thing is there is no one left to take out the trash, they are all a part of the corruption, 75 years of prepping and infiltrating every phase of government and Americas important infrastructure have put "THEM" in complete control.

I don't think we as American people have begun to see what is coming.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upton33
Did you know the internet used be a project fund by the US government? 'We the people', merely Volunteer our information on the web.

So if you don't want to be spied on don't use an ex project.

Yeah it's an unpopular opinion, I know.

Off Topic!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, I dont flag often, but I love when the people show the corruption how we can correct their deceit

I hope the Canadian people of my country soon one day; throw that Harper dumbass and his 'crew' in jail, with all the manipulative politicians aka talking puppets. As more and more countries show the polticians and corrupt govermentals who really runs the Nations; soon I think it will lead to the bigger nations. I cant wait to see when my people (Canadians) turn the country around.

The problem with North America; its too big. More influential people running the show. The police are trained like military combatants rather serve/order for justice civilians. Justice barely exists in North America anymore, each year its getting worse. The police officers seem like raging-robots out to get people.. I dont understand how this ever came.

But There is more people then officers. We WILL show that some day soon, all they have to do is 'push the wrong button'

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Europeans seem pretty quick to point out the things they do better than the USA. Funny since they have been around so much longer and are still trying to get their own acts together. "Look what we did!! US should learn from us!" OK....and how long did it take your country to get to that place?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76
Europeans seem pretty quick to point out the things they do better than the USA. Funny since they have been around so much longer and are still trying to get their own acts together. "Look what we did!! US should learn from us!" OK....and how long did it take your country to get to that place?

The Czech Republic is not my country. I live in California. Nobody is saying that Europe is perfect, but let's face it,... the French inspired our own revolution, so what's wrong with pointing out that someone did something right and maybe we should follow a good example? A good idea or action is good no matter where it comes from.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's no surprise that this seemingly excellent news has not featured on the BBC here in England, but I would have hoped to see it on RT (Russian TV News) or Al Jazeera.
If it was, I missed it.
Perhaps it is too general a threat to find an airing on most networks.

When I was young, I didn't see the harm in stealing.
Sometimes I saw the pain it caused the victim, but I didn't see why I should care.
Eventually I realised that "we become what we do," and that stealing would make me into someone I didn't want to be.
That was sufficient reason to re-evaluate my behaviour.

Personally I see all civilisation's problems as having a spiritual root.
If we don't know who we are, or why we are here,-- how we fit into the great scheme of things -- then there's little incentive to do anything other than satisfy our various appetites by whatever means we can get away with.
And that's good for business ....

The understanding that we hurt ourselves when we hurt others, and that we cannot ultimately profit at another's expense, provides a good basis for integrity.
And integrity is about being made of the same stuff all the way through --
Not the cheap veneer which often gets mistaken for character.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistersmith
Personally I see all civilisation's problems as having a spiritual root.
If we don't know who we are, or why we are here,-- how we fit into the great scheme of things -- then there's little incentive to do anything other than satisfy our various appetites by whatever means we can get away with.
And that's good for business ....

The understanding that we hurt ourselves when we hurt others, and that we cannot ultimately profit at another's expense, provides a good basis for integrity.
And integrity is about being made of the same stuff all the way through --
Not the cheap veneer which often gets mistaken for character.

mistersmith.

I completely agree with you. The root cause here is that parents don't do a good job teaching their kids certain social moral values and they don't do a good job at explaining WHY it's important to follow them. Kids often hear "don't steal, don't kill, don't disrespect other people", but they're never really given a sufficient reason for WHY you don't want to do those things and HOW they damage society when they are ignored. You've hit the nail on the head.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Glad you agree 2manyquestions, I have a feeling that many people think they've nothing to lose -- so it doesn't matter what they do.
It's only when we realise the harm we do to ourselves that "Enlightened Self-interest" can operate.

I think it is possible to understand much about a country by looking at the sort of parents it produces, and much about parents by looking at their children. Where religion or the Law are relied on to train and control the young, and parents disenfranchised, we degenerate as a society.

Fortunately the human soul appears to have a natural tendency to rise towards the light, and having a "bad start in life" can be educational in itself.
I hope I'm not going off topic here, my point is that corruption poisons the soul of the individual, and when that cost is understood properly, it is obviously not worth losing your self-respect for.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

I would say you're right on topic here. Kids can't grow up to understand social rules and why they're in place if they have parents who don't care to explain and practice them. As a result we have people with no moral compass running the show. If they're only out there for themselves most of the time, how can they possibly benefit the entire nation or world? Everything they do is for themselves with little regard how it affects the rest of us. Problem is they're so good at this game that it's very hard to weed them out when they come looking for votes.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Perhaps "weeding them out" is easier here.
In general, if they want your vote, they are not to be trusted.
Some of us still relish the responsibility of deciding between Tweedle - Dum and Tweedle - Dee, but I think the majority see through the pretence now.

mistersmith.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join