It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And The New Batman Is.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wisper

No actor worth his/her money wants to be stereotyped...

Can't really blame him for bailing, and moving on to other projects.

My ideal Batman would be a young Clint Eastwood... shame there's no one like him in hollywood right now.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd rather see Hugh Jackman or anyone else as Batman.

Batfleck ?

BATFLECK ?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hmmm. I see this thread is popular.

Maybe I can turn it into a product.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like I've seen the last of the batman films.
I guess I will always have the dark knight to fall back on.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Affleck doesn't have either the physique or the demeanor to be Batman. Bale redefined Batman as he should have always been. IMO Bale has been the best Batman, and I don't see how Affleck will top the performance of Bale as Batman. Batman is supposed to be in top physical shape as training, and technology are his weapons.

Affleck doesn't have the self control to get in the physical shape needed to be Batman. IMO for an actor to do a good performance of a character he/she has to be entirely in character, and that includes to have the training and to get the physical shape of the character. Bale was the better choice for Batman.

Bale knows how to get entirely in character. For the movie "the Machinist" Bale went without eating food except black coffee, apples and a tuna can a day and became thin as a stick. Affleck doesn't have the conviction or self control to get that much in character.

www.policymic.com...

This sort of behavior is extreme for most people, but it is what it takes for a good actor to be completely in character.

edit on 24-8-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sellusnar
I don't have a problem with this casting. Yeah he did Daredevil and it was horrible but the Ben Afflect of today isn't the same as back then. There have been many castings in rolls that fans disliked until the movie came out. Michael Keaton stands out for one. Many didn't think he'd do a good job but look what happened. He nailed it. Heath Ledger is another one. I didn't see him pulling off Joker. A lot of people didn't see it but he also nailed it. For me Chris Evans as Captain America didn't fit especially when I couldn't get Johnny Storm/Human Torch out of my head since that was what I remember him playing but now? I can't imagine anyone else playing Captain America. I'm willing to give Afflect the benefit of doubt because he may surprise us and pull it off as well.

It's not like Keaton had that hard a job. The last Batman movie starred Adam West. This is pretty different. Affleck is stepping into a role with pedigree.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thinking about it, why not Keanu Reeves instead of Affleck?
2nd.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Whenever I think of Affleck, I think of this Jimmy Kimmel skit where Kimmel and Affleck are having an affair. It's hard to imagine him as Batman after watching this.

edit on 24-8-2013 by derwink because: video link not working

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is clearly a Hollywood coverup for the assassination of batman the fictional character.

One last terrible version to end it all.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Bryan Cranston is Lex Luthor!
Oh this movie is gonna be weird...
LOL Maybe Matt Damon will be the Flash now....but i still believe that Affleck should have just gone for the Martian Manhunter.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPYvsSPY

Now this should be the new BATMAN.
Great looks
Great smile
Great hair

You forgot
Great age

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here's my take: Ben Affleck knows better than almost ANY one what it's like to be in the #ter. That period for him with the J.Lo nonsense and Gigli (spelling?) was dark. Now look what he's done as of late. He's on fire. I say let's all chill out and give him the benefit of the doubt. I bet it took some serious convincing to get him to say yes, but they sold him on the idea because, well, it must be suited to him.

I guess I'm a Ben fanboy. But he's earned it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You've got to be kidding. No way the man who starred in and directed Best POTY has the self-control to go the gym every day? Good call.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well it even spawned conspiracies, the whole thing is a conspiracy in itself. I mean Ben Affleck, he makes a good sidekick as Good Will Hunting and most his movies has shown, so maybe if he hits the gym, puts on some muscle, and gets some acting skills, he could one day hope to be Batman's loveable sidekick Robin.

But--> Affleck = Batman...Say what, What the hell, Nah.

The interwebs are full of this story and its ongoing. Google, youtube, various sites, and even random people are complaining about this on random sites. Its a travesty whole groups have united to stop this from happening, people seem to be coming out of the woodwork just because this is a issue which really really bothers and irks them.

There like--> "So the social climax of our government has been running on empty, the banks are running wild, our elected officials are playing tea time on the public dime like there the tudors on vacation. The gravy train cant last forever, the market has taken a dive even tough its all a dive, technically...But! Wait a min! Oh! WTF! I just got a text that says Ben Affleck is going to be the new Batman...What the holy what? #ing #, explicative deleted, there is now way I am standing for this...Who's with me? Grab your stuff and lets hit the streets, its time for some serious action"

Oh ya! So people are protesting everywhere, all in there own way.

People like this guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ben AFLAC + Kevin Smith = Good

Every other example I.can think of is...icky. As Batman? Poop. As Jack Ryan? Big poop. And Daredevil...I think the movie itself was so brutal it didnt matter ;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join