It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And The New Batman Is.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with this casting. Yeah he did Daredevil and it was horrible but the Ben Afflect of today isn't the same as back then. There have been many castings in rolls that fans disliked until the movie came out. Michael Keaton stands out for one. Many didn't think he'd do a good job but look what happened. He nailed it. Heath Ledger is another one. I didn't see him pulling off Joker. A lot of people didn't see it but he also nailed it. For me Chris Evans as Captain America didn't fit especially when I couldn't get Johnny Storm/Human Torch out of my head since that was what I remember him playing but now? I can't imagine anyone else playing Captain America. I'm willing to give Afflect the benefit of doubt because he may surprise us and pull it off as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Personally I'm just glad it wasn't

Nah, Cage as batman would have been awesome. Did you see him in Kick-Ass? Wow.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Cage tends to be hit or miss when it comes to movies and usually it's miss.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I remember when people were saying Heath Ledger would make a terrible Joker...

moral of the story- public opinion can typically be wrong
edit on 23-8-2013 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This will either be awesome, or it will suck.

i think I found a leaked image from the set of the new movie...

Now that's a crappy cameo!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

That's right folks! Ben Affleck has just been named as the new Batman.

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain »

Source
Supporting source for those in sheer disbelief
And another source just in case the sheer disbelief is still there
And one more just because I have a masochistic streak

While I, myself happen to like Affleck, as a long time Kevin Smith fanatic... I can see that others might not share my opinion. In fact I can kind of see this being the single thing that pushes us over the edge into the apocalypse.

What say you ATS peoples... Is Affleck the bomb - or is this proof that the end of the world is at hand?

Please tell me this is a f***ing joke....nobody can take anything Ben Affleck says or does seriously, esp since Daredevil.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No. Just "NO!"

Gerard Butler would be my choice.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
After watching the latest Man of Steel movie.....why didn't they just skip batman and go straight to goku?

Apparently we weren't the only ones vehemently opposed to Affleck portraying the caped crusader, an online petition has been started with thousands signing in protest to Ben playing the role.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
They were supposedly going to offer 60 Million to Bale to reprise the role. That a lot of money...especially for a supporting role. Did he turn it down or did WB come to their fiscal senses?

I'm feeling pretty neutral about it. Superhero movies these days are all about the storyline and director.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Man... what a let down!

I'd rather see Pee Wee Herman as Batman than this chump!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ben Affleck is Daredevil.

And the Daredevil movie sucked.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I like Ben.. If guys knows how to be a batter in batting cages he definately will be a great batman too

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No please no!

Why not a ugly fat actor for a change?

(meaning: I don't care, why do people care? Why not wait for what the reviews say about him?)

edit on 23-8-2013 by ForbiddenDesire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
He's already been superman remember...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Eeeeew

that is all that needs to be said

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Personally I see Ben more as Batman than Bale...

I know a a lot of people might not agree with me but look at his latest movies, one badass character after another, maybe Hollywood is looking for that. Like others have mentioned, it's either going to be a hit or miss. Hey, they might surprise all of us.

However, I would prefer faces like Billy Zane, Jon Hamm and Jim Caviezel to portray characters like Batman...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I think that YOU should be the new Batman.
Now go fix me a sammich Caped Crusader!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

lol

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If Ben Affleck is the batman, what does that make Matt Damon?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So is Matt Damon playing robin?

I just threw up in my mouth.

bad move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join