It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And The New Batman Is.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That's right folks! Ben Affleck has just been named as the new Batman.

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain »

Source
Supporting source for those in sheer disbelief
And another source just in case the sheer disbelief is still there
And one more just because I have a masochistic streak

While I, myself happen to like Affleck, as a long time Kevin Smith fanatic... I can see that others might not share my opinion. In fact I can kind of see this being the single thing that pushes us over the edge into the apocalypse.

What say you ATS peoples... Is Affleck the bomb - or is this proof that the end of the world is at hand?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I protest!
I cannot accept Ben Affleck as Batman. Nope. Not doin' it!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I protest!

Well, I clicked this thread hoping to see a pic of my mug but alas the universe has a twisted sense of humor. We should ask Jennifer Lopez if he's batman material, my guess is no.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
uugghhhh

does anyone remember him in daredevil?

not looking forward to the new batman!

I was hoping it would be Richard Armitage.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

yes I am editing this post again just to say that I think Gerard Butler would have been a good choice also,
crappy Ben affleck.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry but Benny can't do it, bring back Bale he a better batman

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Personally I'm just glad it wasn't

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
LAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!

Thats all I got.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh no!

And thanks for all the links- my husband didn't believe me and I couldn't believe it either! LOL!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Personally I'm just glad it wasn't

lmao, might as well be Nick Scorsesi now so the entire batman franchise can go belly up.

The idea of a billionaire playboy who fights crime part time is so delusional that it's time to retire it. Now ...hobo with a shogun, that man is a hero.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You got it backwards, Cage wanted to be Superman. But yes, gross either way!!

At least Snyder is doing it. Even though Affleck is probably the second worst person to be Batman.
The first being Mel Gibson of course.

Also, he will only have a supporting role in the next Superman movie will he not?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The next Superman movie, as I understand it, is Batman Versus Superman - so not a supporting role.

As far as Cage being Superman... he had the role at one point, when Kevin Smith was writing the script... but then a series of very strange things involving Jon Peters and Tim Burton killed the project.

ETA: Oh, and I knew Cage wasn't in the running... I'm just glad whenever ANY movie part is cast and it's not Nic Cage.

edit on 8/22/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

They needed an extraordinary actor... Their first choice was Ben Affleck? Really?

Huh... Extraordinary actor, and Ben Affleck... Not two phrases I'd put together.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That about covers it...

Sometimes one word is all that's needed.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If ever there was a time to bring the hoards of ATS members onto the streets, to protest together with a united voice against one cause ...... I'd say its now.

lol

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was hoping it would be Jim Caviezel, of "Person of Interest".

Oh well...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I protest!

Now now we did the same with Keaton and that was pretty good then we heard about Clooney and went well that has got to be great right? I mean Clooney! And well...

Oh and you all are just worried about him getting the role? There are bigger fish to fry...

edit on 22-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yikes, although I haven't really been impressed with most of the recent choices, I liked Keaton, clooney was a joke, and Christian bale making that raspy voice just got on my nerves. I can't really take Ben affleck seriously, I like his brother, though.

Now the batman villains are a different story . . .

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Either way, I think it is a mistake to introduce Batman Vs. Superman / Superman Vs. Batman too early. They should have rebooted Batman and taken turns with Batman movie, superman movie, alternating until they had 3 each, and then done the team up after everyone was foaming at the mouth for it.

Do a couple of those and then do a justice league movie properly like Marvel did with Avengers.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Since Affleck twisted all the facts in Argo, I vowed to never watch anything in which he would be involved, ever again.

He sucked so much in Daredevil, he'll be lost as Batman... Superman should have it real easy, lol.

Go back to being Gigli, Ben "Bruce Gigli Wayne" Affleck!

Seriously, he'll be the pussiest Batman ever...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I want to lash out at something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join