It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Inventor Creates Musical Deodorant Dispenser.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This was really cute.

An 11-year-old boy has spiced up a stick of Old Spice deodorant by making it play the Rocky theme tune when applied. f you need motivational music in the morning to get you pumped up for the day ahead, it seems you are not alone.

A musical deodorant that plays a stirring blast of the Rocky theme tune with every application has made 11-year-old Quinn Sheeran an internet star.

The young boy had the idea for his novelty personal hygiene creation after receiving a musical birthday card.

Story Link

So, would you guys/gals (for your man) buy this.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Clever little guy.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
first appeared on reddit
but something I got a smile of .. he could be the world's next elon musk .. though it would be great if the invention actually bettered the world

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The real questions you should be asking yourself as a member of ATS is:

Is this kid a shill for the big Pharmaceutical Deodorant companies?
Why the theme from Rocky?
Did he legally download the MP3? If not what are the moral ramifications of him being sued?
Will the female version of the deodorant only play tunes from Pink?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now before I'm taken too wrong..

I praise him for exploring science however, he's not "invented" anything.. I think it's positive to encourage this with our youths, but I think we need to encourage practical use of our knowledge... and making deodorant play music isn't that... it's a replay of what we already know and while he did it in a fun way, it's not something that warrants world wide attention..
edit on 8/22/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
The real questions you should be asking yourself as a member of ATS is:

Is this kid a shill for the big Pharmaceutical Deodorant companies?
Why the theme from Rocky?
Did he legally download the MP3? If not what are the moral ramifications of him being sued?
Will the female version of the deodorant only play tunes from Pink?

lol sadly that might come up.. I'm all for praising his ingenuity.. however it's really a science fair level accomplishment based on fundamentals.. nothing that should be on ATS

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Back in them thar good ole days. Johnny Carson used to have a groups of kid inventors on. Maybe once a year.
The one I remember most was the "tippy chair"
Kid got tired of his mom, and teachers telling him not to lean back in his chair, because he would fall over.
Solution....A stick, with a Tennis shoe mounted on one end. the other end was mounted on a swivel on the back of the chair.
When he leaned back, the little "foot" would swing out behind him creating a grippy tripod effect. Take THAT adults!

This is cool too. But more of a novelty. More songs would be nice..A PitPod..

top topics

join