It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops with chemical warfare kits head to Syrian doorstep

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

please.. do point out how you have come into knowledge that these weapons were found ?

We certainly did not find the quantity we suspected they had but there were chemical weapons.

There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.

The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.

In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.
Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.
m.nypost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

Originally posted by Granite
Recall, Saddam's stockpile went to Sryia just before the inspection by the UN for WMDs...that was no secret operation.
Very serious situation...

And Gaddafi's stockpile of weapons went to the FSA. Serious indeed.

Ironic how the operation is called Eager Lion 13, we just can't wait to get in there.

Its called Eager lion 13 because here were twelve eager lions that preceeded it over the last decade or so.......
They did this last year too....
The move may be a simple show of force, by the allied armies, but the whole mess is getting far more likely to get out of control.....
How about the FSA rockets a few allied troops in Jordan and blames Assad?
Or shoots down an allied jet with one of their phantom new stingers?
Where many different forces are concentrated, theres a way better chance of all kinds of mistakes being made....
All it would take to send the troops storming in would be a little creative subterfuge.....
And I think they are hoping to do just that sooner than later....
And that may be the hooks in Gogs mouth that turn him southwards.....eh wabbit?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes, but thats not Iraq's WMD's is it.

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been rdestroyed following the Gulf War.

In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.

It says 'thought' any confirmation on that one?

Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.

More so insurgents making their own stuff, none of Saddam's stuff.

as quoted before, even BUSH admitted nothing was found.. that surely has to mean something.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What a great time for quantum weirdness.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
.......and the final pieces for Revelation fall into place. I've been waiting to see two before feeling certain this is the time period and that is a timeline to give serious notice. Two. Now, shortly, I'll only be waiting for 1.

This is getting very serious very quickly and could spiral beyond anyone's ability to stop before the world knows how far it's even gone.
edit on 22-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

These were my thoughts as well. I've been waiting for an approach from Jordan and here we are seeing troops rallying there. Israel will be involved if its revaluations but its right there so quite likely. It's inevitable at this point. Too late to turn back - too much harm done.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well me thinks this article you used as a source dated 16 June might say that it were indeed the rebels who used chemical weapons with the help of the west from who they got the materials to do so.

From all over the world fundamentalists are fighting in Syria, a beautiful country with friendly people has turned into a devastating warzone in which chemical weapons play a part, and we name them freedom fighters.

As it is proven that they already have tried to blame Assad for chemical attacks while it were the fundamentalists who did it, i do not believe anything what the western media brings as news.

And because the west is supporting terrorists with weapons, ask yourself, what is the life of humans worth for the western governments? the people dying in those attacks, civilians, and of course the soldiers who are sent to this war when they succeed to create a staged attack that will lead to intervention.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by EvanB

My God - why can't we all just stay out? This is just going to be a massacre of everyone there - women, children, NATO troops - everyone.

Better just to refugee everyone out of there, no matter what it costs.

No offense, but stop being so naive.

Why cant we all get along? Because it's not in human nature to get along with each other.
It doesn't matter to those in power whether women & children are massacred. It never has mattered.

For thousands of years, man has waged war against man.

If you think what happens today is bad, think of what it was like in ancient times when they didn't have missiles and chemical weapons like today where they can do the killing from a distance.
It was all done hand to hand, face to face.

War is as common to humanity as sex, breathing, eating, drinking.

I don't understand why people still to this day, with all the knowledge we have, go on about why we cant live in peace and love each other etc etc etc.
These are not ideals shared amongst nations. They might be ideals shared in a small community, or between family and close friends, but in the world of politics and geopolitics, these things are irrelevant.

Do you think if the USA suddenly started preaching love and peace, and turned all it's military weapons into scrap metal, that it's enemies would do the same?
No, they would take the opportunity to strike back and destroy it.

That's how the world works.
The weak are picked off by the strong.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It's time for supreme airpower to destroy every missile facilities in Syria and stop this madness . That's my guess

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

First of all, you need to take your blinkers off about "insurgents" and "terrorists".

These are nothing but irregular troops, paid by governments secretly.

Next, it is very unlikely that Saddam destroyed all its warheads despite impending threat of invasion.

More likely scenario is warheads were dispersed - that is hidden in houses and far away places. Some of this would gave gone to Syria, just like treasury of Iraq.

It is all smoke and mirrors. It is hard to say which statement of Bush is correct.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Please read this article:

blog.usni.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here we go again. WMD! WMD! They are killing their people!

Must...invade...another...Middle East...country!

Isn't anyone else tired of hearing this same excuse used again?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
French paper Le Figaro reporting that 300 Sunni mercenaries along with CIA operatives sent into Syria on Aug 17 to provide operational intelligence and engage in sabotage activities.

It is a very interesting situation. Turkish forces waiting on one end, and US forces waiting on another end, while secret operatives clear the way.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The western powers want full control of Syria that's all.. in my view.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

And they will get it. There is no stopping the west.

Only total annihilation of the human race can stop the west.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I live in Jordan and I'm a bit confused why you are using the link to the article by the 'Mirror' which refers to the Eager Lion exercise which started in late June and has long since finished! I can't understand why you have related recent events in Syria to the Eager Lion exercise which happens every year but was long before this....

Just wanted to point this out as it seems the earlier dated article has just been used to sensationalize current events

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The logic of "we are the good guys because we are us" and "they are the bad guys because they are them" surely must be close to retirement by now. Deep down, I'm sure we all know better than this crap anyway. One might have thought that the exposure of the Agent Orange use in Vietnam might have put an end to chemical warfare use on our side, but no, of course not. Our side still bombs residences, hospitals and even religious centers, so why should our militaries stop using chemical attacks either?

Anyone with half a brain knows that there is good and evil in every country and I'm not even sure what the point is in constantly exposing it (it doesn't seem to accomplish much.) Maybe, with overexposure, people will be shocked and appalled enough to finally stand up and speak out, if they haven't been too thoroughly desensitized by the violent media they're subjected to (and dumbed down by droll newsreaders and pacified by the poisons in their foods and drinking water.)

I have to say though, I am sick of hearing terms like "war games" and "the theater of war." And yes, I know that the former refers to a military practice, but in no way should something as devastating as war ever be softened to sound like, well, fun and entertainment. It reminds me of 'conflicts' in Medieval Europe, esp. between England an France, where one king would sit on one hill and other king on the other hill. Their armies would ride down into the valley and fight. The winning army would ride up to its king. The losing king would ride up to the victor's hill and pay him the wager on the battle as if it were a game of chess! I doubt very much that the commoners' grieving families were informed of this detail because instead of 'fighting' their opponents they might have been facing civil war.

(War has always been required by the Powers That Be to keep their people afraid so that Big Brother can protect them.)

Of course, this downplaying of war and violence continues in fiction with novels like The Hunger Games, and recently a lot of references to it with the word "games" popping up everywhere. A fair percentage of the public still seem to be little more than savages in civilized clothing (or certainly the ones running it.)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
.......and the final pieces for Revelation fall into place. I've been waiting to see two before feeling certain this is the time period and that is a timeline to give serious notice. Two. Now, shortly, I'll only be waiting for 1.

This is getting very serious very quickly and could spiral beyond anyone's ability to stop before the world knows how far it's even gone.
edit on 22-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

*****************************************************************************************************************************
Great post couldn't agree MORE ! Which makes sense to the RT article released Aug 22 2013

DOJ wants Bush, senior cabinet members exempt from Iraq War trial
Published time: August 22, 2013 16:04
Edited time: August 23, 2013 04:43

S & F OP great post rabbit!

Trinity

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I love the last part.

The PM will meet Russian President Vladimir Putin at No10 today ahead of this week’s G8 summit in Northern Ireland. America, France and Germany will join Mr Cameron in trying to persuade Putin to end his support for the Assad regime. About 500,000 Syrians fleeing Assad have flooded into Jordan.

Mr Cameron in trying to persuade Putin to end his support for the Assad regime.

Didn't Mr Cameron Friend the Saudis tried and failed?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpy
reply to post by FreedomEntered

And they will get it. There is no stopping the west.

Only total annihilation of the human race can stop the west.

Syria isn't Libya, They being desperate to intervene in Syria for two years why now? the Saudis own the opposition.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
By the way that mirror article is kind of badly written.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join