It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the real level of our technology?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Great thread mate. Yes, I still think we are behind military and government tech by some amount, but not 40 years. Maybe 10 or 20 tops. Technology is evolving faster by the day so the gap will be closer.

reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Why is there always somebody trying to disprove evolution and big bang on a thread that has nothing to do with them? Stop being so delusional please.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILLERCODE
I remember hearing somewhere that what ever technology we have today the military had 40 year's ago,if true what kind of technology do we really have?..and why haven't we seen any of these technology's in use by the military.
Thought's and opinions welcome.

Define technology.

Do you mean knowledge, manufacturing capabilities, or actual products commonly available on the market?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Military technology of the US is inferior to that of Russian and Chinese weapons. This is because contrary to what the media would like the people to believe, Russian and Chinese weapons are actually NOT a copy of western ones. They were developed in their respective countries throughout the last 50-60 years.

Some western NATO media propaganda insists that the technological advancements of the USSR first and of China later were purely dependent on technologies that were given to them by the west. This is the real fraud, and also a very dangerously misleading fraud.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The tired old line "The military have technology X many years in advance of civilian tech" is a long irrelevant and ludicrously wrong (in most cases) statement that came about mostly because of cold war propaganda.

It is the notion that if you make your society appear to be high tech, and you put out this notion that "Hey look at what our civi's have! thats nothing compared to our military" it will make an enemy less confident about calling your bluff. It also keeps the spies of your enemies running around in circles.

Best examples I can give is the "Oh the military had iPad like devices back in the 70s and 80s which is so wrong for so many reasons in that, if they did, then the militaries of the west wasted a hell of a lot of cash, weight and time with their aircraft and tanks since one of the factors that pushed forward the development of the TFT display panel was to get rid of clunky cathode ray tube technology in tanks.

Another interesting one is the F19, an aircraft that never existed, yet was boasted about in magazines, you could buy airfix models, there wire nice mockups and photos (for the magazines) and yet, the aircraft was a basically a smokescreen for the F1117 stealth fighter. AND it worked, spies spent most of their time trying to find and get specs for the F19 and totally missed the actual Stealth, which, while impressive in its stealthiness, was not at all like the F19 claimed to be.

As Flanker86 said, but not completely agreeing outright...I think the most important thing is that if I was going to build something and do it better than an opponent... then starting with an opponents weapon and upgrading it is the most efficient thing to do. So this arrogance about "Oh the Chinese just copy everyone" is basically irrelevant, the Americans have done that before. What is dangerous is complacency its the belief that 'I am superior' which is quite often incorrect.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The US military had LCD screens in tanks in the 80's. It's not so much about "ooooh top secret technology woOwOwOo!" as the fact that the general public aren't willing to drop $200,000 on a computer monitor.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Exactly the point i was making, GetHyped
LCDs to display numbers as an example have been around for a long time, TFTs to display pixel by pixel data with more than black and white or at any reasonable resolution and refresh-rate, not so much, and was more about cost than it was about secret tech.

Just as with organic displays, iv seen them working in a university environment, probably 4-5 years before I saw a full sized commercial version, though thats just the point isn't it. The small prototype was about 5cm across, was not perfect and had a huge amount of supporting hardware around it. The commercial product is obviously a more useful TV sized and has been largely perfected. So snap back in time 4-5 years before the commercial product. You could likely throw a whole bunch of cash at a project and produce a couple of 27 inch displays with the technology and say "HA we are 5 years ahead of civilian tech" but seriously its not a whole lot of margin as people are lead to believe/want to believe.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ahhh technology. Nothing is a better measure of technological evolution than one's ability to kill people as efficiently as possible.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Think about what Germany was able to accomplish by sending their scientists into an underground bunker to focus on developing technology.

Do you think our military wouldn't want an ever better program?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There are always some particular things that are suppressed.

But, the thing about technology is that the more people that know about it, the faster developments come.

So, the suppressed technologies are likely in an "undeveloped" state, while the world has certainly moved ahead rapidly in other areas.

One known suppressed technology is the "magnetic amplifier". This was used in place of the "vacuum tube" by the Germans during WWII. Because of it's various military applications, the government has suppressed this technology. That means lots of brilliant minds didn't get to tackle the problems involving this area of research, so it is very likely "dead" or still in a "primitive" state in the hands of the military.

The "magnetic amplifier", also known as the "saturable reactor" , led to the development of very sensitive "magnetic compass" that could detect the presence of a vehicle containing metals from a mile away, and could be used as a surveillance tool to detect the presence of enemy vehicles on land or stealth boats and submarines in the water, in complete darkness. So, all the work involving this technology was classified, and today you still can't find out much about it. All you will find is a few old writings from the 1950s, just after the war, before the government recognized the importance of the tech, and classified the whole area of research. This stuff is now lost in the deep dark dungeons of above top secret tech.

My guess is that they haven't made much progress with it, since the best minds were excluded from thinking about the subject.

So, the military probably have the same level of tech there, as the Germans had back in the 1940s. Probably, with some minor enhancements using modern technologies to complement the old tech.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

There's an entire wikipedia page on magnetic amplifiers and their uses throughout the 20th century:

en.wikipedia.org...

They're basically obsolete technology. Not exactly fitting the definition of "suppressed".

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KILLERCODE

edit on 11-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I just dont see why someone doesnt just invent something that would suppress the human ego long enough for us to see the error of our ways and correct those behaviours or mistakes

We cant dose everyone with '___' or psilocybin , so couldnt we create some form of carrier wave which switches it off temporarily for us to see how bad we have become.

Why dont scientists make things like that , you know that will actually help our species unite
instead of searching for the smallest particles , why not just fix problems we have instead of chasing mystery particles

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Let me get this straight. You want scientists to develop technology to control the way we think?

Yeah, that technology wouldn't get abused in a hurry.....

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think this (now doubly ironic) meme sums it up for me...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

No I want scientists to create technology to allow us to think without ego! it would allow us to think freely

the reason we are all so #ed up is because the vast percentage of the population of earth do not even realise they are living out their ego fantasies and think nothing of it , they are unconsciously living without thinking , their ego controls them and they dont even notice.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well I'd say maybe Darpa is a couple of years ahead of research firms but not by much. There is big money in scientific discoveries and there are companies that pay huge amounts of money to find and exploit them. And with science nothing happens in a vacuum so if scientists are working in an area it's all ready known by others.

For example so and so over at Los Alamos is working on a particle ray. Research labs can tell you exactly where our science is at currently by looking at their projects.

Off the top of my head you have Cern,Darpa,Berkley,Los Alamos,Bell labs, Lawrence Livermore Natonal labs,Google research,Laser lab,Fraunhofer society,Center for disease control and the US army laboratory. I think I just about included every branch of science in that list.
edit on 7/11/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

No I want scientists to create technology to allow us to think without ego!

Again, so you want scientists to develop technology to control the way we think.

All aspects of your psychology make you who you are. If you start tinkering with portions of your psychology, you fundamentally change who you are as a person.

If scientists develop technology to suppress the Ego (not that I believe it is possible) , it could easily be abused to start suppressing other aspects of your psychology. The Id and Ego both play important roles in defining who you are as an individual.

Any technology that could suppress parts of your psychology could quickly be used to make individuals no more than "parts of the machine" of society, no more important than industrial robots at a car factory.

I say, No Way! Stay out of my head.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
a reply to: sapien82

Let me get this straight. You want scientists to develop technology to control the way we think?

Yeah, that technology wouldn't get abused in a hurry.....

Yeah it would you couldn't help it even if you tried not to. Because it would always come down to imposing will on others. And even if doing it for the right reasons it's still wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I think this (now doubly ironic) meme sums it up for me...

I can't help it I know tour joking but we are getting closer.

www.iflscience.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

thats probably one of the reasons we are all so #ed up right now is we all believe we are unique individuals
who are special in some sense

when in reality we are all a part of the one thing and its our refusal to believe we are not unique or special or together in one thing that makes us so divided

I just wish scientists would do things to benefit the whole rather than a select few special interest groups etc

for example why hasnt a scientist developed a nano machine that can actively seek out radioactive materials (weaponised) and disable them , rendering the worlds entire nuclear arsenal useless !

that would be cool

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join