It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change is coming...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

Now you guy's are just trying to derail this thread, some of us would like the thread to keep on topic and have fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

There are vaults for untainted germ plasm around the world that are similar to this seed repository. However, at the time that I went to visit one 20 years ago, they weren't super defense stations though we were never allowed into the storage area or pointed out to where it was specifically located. There are 9 of these within the US alone and they don't just hold genetic seed information.
en.wikipedia.org...

There are sites like these all over the world and it's been a practice that has gone on for at least 70 years. According to wikipedia, there are approximately 1300 seedbanks worldwide. The Svalbard vault made a lot of news because of its defensibility against catastrophe. The largest one is the Millenium Seed Bank. It's looks like a massive version of the one that I got to visit 20 some years ago:
en.wikipedia.org...

They do these things in the attempt to preserve genetic information and seed stocks in case of extinction of a species. Considering how many things have been going extinct over the past few decades, it obviously doesn't take a global catastrophe to have a species go extinct.
edit on 23/8/13 by WhiteAlice because: fixed broken link

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
reply to post by fenson76

Now you guy's are just trying to derail this thread, some of us would like the thread to keep on topic and have fun.

FUN discussing dooms day, near global extinction, mass starvation, etc...............

Irony at it's ATS finests!
edit on 23-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It is fun to use our imaginations.
It seem to me people have forgot how to use there brain that way anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Change has already begun. It is past being stopped. The tide has turned and the downfall of the USA is out-of-control. With a bat a@@ed crazy POTUS at the helm.

and The willing media are nose deep in the engine compartment.

It will/would be a God send, that if something terrible by mans hands were to happen, that a natural event trump it and make us all pretty much equal.. like an EMP.

Otherwise, the victor will be the one who is most vicious in the darkest hours. When the laws of man no longer bind those men, dark times will follow for a long time.

Great to see another Slayer thread upon my return!
edit on 8/23/2013 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Be advised

We are living in a very interesting time.... I feel we are about to witness some rather remarkable changes with regards to the world as we know it.

Be advised? Ok, Is change coming? Perhaps, and some if not many would say it already has continued to do so every day. Our more recent history of the last 2,000 years has seen some almost 'unbelievable' acheivements including some very scary ones, the Atomic bomb that could destroy us all., However, less publicized, many improvements to the quality of life for a percentage of humanity, while many millions still suffer.

A massive granite monument espousing the conservation of mankind and future generations. Sources for the sizable financing of the project choose to remain anonymous. The wording of the message proclaimed on the monument is in 12 languages, including the archaic languages of Sanskrit, Babylonian Cuneiform, Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Classical Greek, as well as English, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, Spanish, and Swahili. The site was chosen because it commands a view to the East and to the West and is within the range of the Summer and Winter sunrises and sunsets. The stones are oriented in those directions.

The cap stone includes a calendar of sorts, where sunlight beams through a 7/8 inch hole at noon, and shines on the South face of the center stone. As the sun makes its travel cycle, the spot beamed through the hole can tell the day of the year at noon each day. Allowances are made because of variations between standard time and sun time to set the beam of sunlight at an equation of time.
A slot is cut in the middle of the Gnomen stone to form a window which aligns with the positions of the rising sun at the Summer and Winter Solstices and at the Equinox, so that the noon sun shines to indicate noon on a curved line.

Source

Additionally, no doubt something is happening and for some time now!

As the world population continues to grow geometrically, great pressure is being placed on arable land, water, energy, and biological resources to provide an adequate supply of food while maintaining the integrity of our ecosystem. According to the World Bank and the United Nations, from 1 to 2 billion humans are now malnourished, indicating a combination of insufficient food, low incomes, and inadequate distribution of food. This is the largest number of hungry humans ever recorded in history.

Reports from the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, numerous other international organizations, and scientific research also confirm the existence of this serious food problem. For example, the per capita availability of world grains, which make up 80 per cent of the world's food, has been declining for the past 15 years (Kendall and Pimentel, 1994). Certainly with a quarter million people being added to the world population each day, the need for grains and all other food will reach unprecedented levels.

More than 99 per cent of the world's food supply comes from the land, while less than 1 per cent is from oceans and other aquatic habitats (Pimentel et al., 1994). The continued production of an adequate food supply is directly dependent on ample fertile land, fresh water, energy, plus the maintenance of biodiversity. As the human population grows, the requirements for these resources also grow. Even if these resources are never depleted, on a per capita basis they will decline significantly because they must be divided among more people.

Water Threat is Real Impact of Population and World Resources Link

Competition for water resources among individuals, regions, and countries and associated human activities is already occurring with the current world population. About 40 percent of the world's people live in regions that directly compete for shared water resources. In China where more than 300 cities already are short of water, these shortages are intensifying. Worldwide, water shortages are reflected in irrigation used for food production in all regions of the world in the past twenty years. Water resources, critical for irrigation, are under great stress as countries require and withdraw more water from rivers, lakes, and aquifers every year. A major threat to maintaining future water supplies is the continuing. The truth is that as more and more the population grows, our Earths' natural resources become depleted, many of them TO NEVER regain again.
Strategies for the future must be based first and foremost on the conservation of land, water, energy. Yet none of these measures will be suffcient to ensure adequate food for future generations..

A world pandemic is a real threat that could be in biblical proportions. And then, and unknown as of yet of an Asteroid that could wipe out most of the worlds living species. Strange days!
edit on 23-8-2013 by ItDepends because: added comment

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why now ? Why post this now ?

Have you been witness to something, a vision, a strong feeling/intuition ? Was it through your quest of knowledge ? Uncover many hints of something ?

Going on MY gut feeling, I feel that you have come to a gut conclusion based off of your searching and reflecting. It seems that you are not quite sure, but you definitely know/feel something is coming, something big. You wish to have others prepared, even if it were through a small gesture, so you use your stature on these boards as a megaphone.

But there is hesitance in your actions and words... maybe it hasn't been made so clear, maybe you don't want to make it clear purposefully. Because, what if you're wrong ? Can't mire your alias you have worked so hard to create can you ?

I dont take you as someone to just post something like this as going off of just a 'hunch'

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Had to add, like a few other posters have in different ways, that this egotistic back and forth by a few members that adds nothing to any debate about said topic, is a microcosm of the macrocosm of why humans will likely be doomed regardless...

Just sayin'...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was really expecting something special when I saw the thread title at the top page of the homepage with 100+ flags...

OP states he has a feeling about some kind of 'coming change', without even hinting at what that change could be- is he talking about a natural disaster or terrorist event? There have been countless 'I have a feeling something big is coming' threads and they are usually ridiculed for being based on zero evidence etc.

OP then lists the inscriptions on the Georgia guidestones, (which have been discussed countless times on ATS and is considered pro 'one world government') almost seemingly at random and then links some powerful music from the movie Inception...

Am I missing something here?

When I come here, I judge a thread on content, not on who has written it. At the same time, this thread is quite unusual to come from the OP who is so established here on ATS, it's quite worrying actually given the dynamics.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The more I find out about the world and its fellow humans, the more I like the word 'doomsday'.

Just saying

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I have been there myself on a bicycle ride from Florida to Wisconsin in 2011. Camped there overnight and woke up to a bunch of geek conspiracy theorists wandering around the place asking weird questions about whether we saw anything strange during the night we spent there.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. This is, as many have already noted, a topic in the Skunk Works. The man is entitled to put forth whatever he pleases.

I rather enjoy SLAYERs threads. They're interesting, fairly informative, well researched and well presented.

Is it his fault so many other here feel the same way? Why are we worried about stars and flags??

This particular topic is not a typical SLAYER offering and hasn't quite captured my interest as much, but it's been fun reading peoples reactions, and baring witness to their insecurities as they spill over onto the internet.

I thought these types of forums were supposed to be escapes from reality, not to be taken so literally. I guess people can't help being themselves..

But hey, if I had the draw power of SLAYER I'd be sure to throw some of these "gems" out there just to see what people would say.

(ok SLAYER, these GGSs are too contemporary for you. Next thread, lets back it up another 2 or 3000 years)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Slayer, I've read many of your posts in the past and I don't believe the creation of a thread like this to be in your true nature so I'm going to suggest you've created this thread as some kind of social experiment.......or something of that nature. Maybe you're testing the power of suggestion? Not too sure of the motive to be honest.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The point of the Georgia guidestones is to leave a message to future civilizations after this one has collapsed. It repeats its message in eight languages, ensuring that it will be mostly readable for a long time to come, and also act as a Rosetta stone to future archaeologists trying to piece this era together. It attempts to offer sensible guidance that would help avoid the madness and destruction we've presently wrought on the planet. I don't get why everyone thinks they're so sinister.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Meet R.C. Christian the builder/s of the Georgia guide stones!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

But how is that supposed to work? Imagine if all the nations had their crops destroyed. This vault is the last known pure non-mutated seed. Every country needs those seeds to sow crops to feed their populations. They're going to fight to the death to get control of that vault.

Your image reminds me of the 3 army battle of Loney Mountain from The Hobbit novel.

By the time all the armies were finished fighting no one was left alive to enjoy the "treasure".

If that vault is all that remains, I can think of no greater "treasure" to battle over.

God Bless,

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Threads like these are the reason ATS has become a running joke and why I only pop in here every once in awhile in hope of decent conversation.

"guys.......oh my god.....I can feel like something is going to happen....here is a bunch of outdated information or concepts that we have been discussing for years anyways...but right now....this is the time...now here is a song to make you feel all introspective
"

It's like you all just watched your first Alex Jones movie and think you are enlightened of the "elummernati"

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

i have read that it's an example to follow after the fall of humanity.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
well worth reading...

then worth mulling over, thinking about.... don't think that the nation will rebound after he peaceably steps down from office

here's the globalist puppet article: thecommonsenseshow.com...

ADD; here's another change article... don't judge the report on the first 5 paragraphs,,,, read the entirity of just what is planned....tomohalloran.com...
edit on 23-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veryophelia

i have read that it's an example to follow after the fall of humanity.

As in extinction of humanity?

If that's going to be the case, then there's no guarantee that evolution will deliver humans again, or even a life form capable of recognizing, reading or understanding the symbols/languages on these stones.

So while the thought was a good one, they may prove to be useless. But we'll never know...

edit on 23-8-2013 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join