It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad would have to be deported

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Another new low for the GOP (as if they could get any lower). It's bad enough that they cheered letting uninsured people die at a Ron Paul rally, now they think it's funny that children might lose their parents, and yet these same people are always telling us that they care about people, and their reputation as mean and cold-hearted is undeserved. Don't believe them.

nbclatino.com...

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
He said "We have laws that need to be followed" He is right!

Put words in peoples mouth much?

edit on 22-8-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Fathers are sent to jail & prison all the time. Should we stop that, because they may have a daughter?

Or should perhaps, adults be held accountable for their actions and choices?

Which is it?

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
She could always go back with him, and assist with him coming back legally or under asylum. Or he could marry her mom... assuming the mom is legal. The father put her in this situation and is responsible for the outcome.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am pretty moderate and I despise polarizing politics.

But what part of "Here Illegally" do people not understand?

I get wanting to come here and in some cases like with refugees they are only trying to find a some place to live. But to come here and have children without getting legal status is foolish and should be treated as such.
edit on 22-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
Fathers are sent to jail & prison all the time. Should we stop that, because they may have a daughter?

Or should perhaps, adults be held accountable for their actions and choices?

Which is it?

Quite true, perhaps she would be happier if we locked him up in federal prison for the federal crime that he committed? Is that better?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You know, I try where possible to be even handed, fair minded, to have my eyes open, and to be compassionate. However, there is one thing that makes me shed all that decency, all that fairness and awareness, errodes my capacity for compassion, and that is the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl has her world crushed, burned, and its remains kicked around the ashen waste that used to be her life.

I have fed the hungry, I have nursed the sick, I have protected the weak and the innocent, my capacity for compassion is not in doubt. But the braying bastards in that room, who cheered the demise of this little girls family life... Those people better thank the Lord God almighty that I do not live in the USA, because I swear on the blood of my ancestors, I would spend DAYS killing these bastards.

No one, and I mean NO ONE who could CHEER that deserves to be breathing my God damned air. I am not saying that the GOP representative should not have said what he said. If the political situation is as he stated, then thats how it is, unfortunate though it may be. But you do not CHEER the statement! Have these people no bloody dignity, no sensitivity what so ever? These are the sort of awful bastards who can be seen in the background of happy slapping videos, watching and laughing as some poor unfortunate gets pee'd on by some jerk with a camera phone.

Understand, I really couldnt give a crap about the politics being discussed in the video. I EXPECT politicans to be about as sensitive as a concrete block to the gonads, but the people in this crowd should be bloody ashamed of themselves, and if there is anyone in the area where this was filmed with a backbone and an ounce of moral fibre, then those cheering spectators had better be looking behind them when they walk as well, because someone somewhere close, will be loading guns and sharpening knives, and so they bloody well should.
edit on 22-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: clarificatory grammar correction.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

edit on 22-8-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As a Native American I always find these type of threads hilariously pathetic...

....and those two emotions are hard to have at the same time

....like watching a blind person walk into a wall

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl has her world crushed

That's the issue here, not what the law is. I'm pretty sure we all know that. These people are degenerates, plain and simple.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For the illegals to use children to get what they want is horrible. Of course it is sad that they should get seperated but the parent took that risk knowing this could happen. Many children all across the USA have been seperated from a parent who made bad choices and we don't treat them as special and change laws to help them be with their law breaking parent.

That's just it, we have laws and we can't pick and choose which ones we wish to follow. Illegals never want to take personal responsibility for their actions, instead they use their children and sad stories to get what they want. We have tons of sad stories from our own citizens. Do we change the laws for them?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You know, I try where possible to be even handed, fair minded, to have my eyes open, and to be compassionate. However, there is one thing that makes me shed all that decency, all that fairness and awareness, errodes my capacity for compassion, and that is the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl

I saw people applauding the idea that laws have to be followed. It had nothing to do with the little girl.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
As a Native American I always find these type of threads hilariously pathetic...

As someone who also possesses "Native" American ancestry and a high regard for anthropology I know that this continent has no "Natives".

Everyone here came from somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well given that it was a little girl who asked the question, a bit of decorum, respect and compassion from these people wouldnt have gone amiss. Instead, that little girl gets to sit in a room full of people who cheered as she was told that there is no hope, no channel by which her father could be allowed to remain with her, which is a thing that any little girl would be CRUSHED by.

Wether these people were cheering the comments of the GOP man, or the destruction of this little girls life, it was bloody inappropriate, and an invitation for the lot of them to get knifed in the car park afterwards.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by jiggerj

...and an invitation for the lot of them to get knifed in the car park afterwards.

And we know the best way to avoid Mob "Justice" is to appease the Mob, by ignoring laws and giving the Mob what they Mob for.

Right?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Well given that it was a little girl who asked the question, a bit of decorum, respect and compassion from these people wouldnt have gone amiss. Instead, that little girl gets to sit in a room full of people who cheered as she was told that there is no hope, no channel by which her father could be allowed to remain with her, which is a thing that any little girl would be CRUSHED by.

Wether these people were cheering the comments of the GOP man, or the destruction of this little girls life, it was bloody inappropriate, and an invitation for the lot of them to get knifed in the car park afterwards.

They were cheering because someone actually respected our laws, something that we have been sorely lacking in. The parents of that poor little girl knowing how heated these topics become, knew damned well there would be a chance of this reaction and put her up on display anyway. Many little girls and boys all across the USA have a parent in prison and they do not get special treatment or our laws changed for them. This one child is no better than any other child. She is a victom of circumstances like all the other children. Of course people have compassion and feel bad, but they also know full well that there is no one to blame but the parents.

The parent shouldn't have broken the law in the first place and took the chance of being seperated from his family, nor should that poor little child have been put on display like that.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It doesnt matter a damn why they were cheering, they paid no respect to the consequences for the questioner, which was a bloody insensitive thing to do. I am not saying that exceptions should be made, to the law, but these people needed to have some context specific compassion for the girl, and keep thier braying mouths shut.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

It doesnt matter a damn why they were cheering, they paid no respect to the consequences for the questioner, which was a bloody insensitive thing to do. I am not saying that exceptions should be made, to the law, but these people needed to have some context specific compassion for the girl, and keep thier braying mouths shut.

Sadly this sort of thing isn't new to the GOP/Tea party. These are the people that booed a gay soldier and they cheered at the thought of letting the poor die instead of offering them affordable health care. Look these things up on YouTube

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Wrong, but that doesnt mean you cannot have some common decency, respect for the people who are effected by things like this, people like the little girl, who has herself, done not a damned thing wrong. But that appears to be too much to ask. Its not enough that the people in the room have had thier opinions on the subject validated, they have to cram thier celebration down the throats of those who are most sorely effected by these decisions, and that is crass, callous, heartless and morally defunct.

It is, to put it simply, jolly bad form.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

reply to post by TheWrightWing

Wrong, but that doesnt mean you cannot have some common decency, respect for the people who are effected by things like this, people like the little girl, who has herself, done not a damned thing wrong.

So, you'd rather people NOT show support for a politician advocating that the law of the land should be enforced?

jolly bad form.

What's bad form is the "spin" that's been applied to this. The politician never said her father had to be deported, he said there were laws to be followed. The article states the following:

The anti-immigration advocates in the crowd reportedly applauded and cheered in response as Josie took her seat, head down.

Anti-immigration? If this were about a bank robber, would the article have said the people cheering were anti-bank-withdrawal advocates?

I would say they were pro law enforcement advocates.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join