It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUkishima solution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We have machines to make huge tunnels. We use multiple macines to tunnel multiple tunnel,tunnels straight down from fukishima as far as we can go. We then use dynamite to explode side of tunnells, whole of daichi collapse 2000 feet or so. Add whatevever chemicals needed i.e concrete. Cover. Just an idea. Thanks.
edit on 22-8-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added extra info

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Not to be a wiener or anything but I suspect better minds than ours have been working on this problem for some time. The reality is that there is no solution known to our current technology. Robots will cook themselves to death and despite the Japanese Bushido code I doubt many people are lining up for the job.

edit on 22-8-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have a direct reason why we don't have tech to make that work. The Pacific Ocean is 200 yards away from the reactor buildings. That would make the water table there, just about ground level. Your tunneling machine would immediately become a submarine with all the literal problems of a sub going into depth as it went.

Radioactive.....well, INSANELY radioactive...water surrounding it. There be cores down there somewhere.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
I have a direct reason why we don't have tech to make that work. The Pacific Ocean is 200 yards away from the reactor buildings. That would make the water table there, just about ground level. Your tunneling machine would immediately become a submarine with all the literal problems of a sub going into depth as it went.

Radioactive.....well, INSANELY radioactive...water surrounding it. There be cores down there somewhere.
how did they make the channel tunnel then?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Not to be a wiener or anything but I suspect better minds than ours have been working on this problem for some time. The reality is that there is no solution known to our current technology. Robots will cook themselves to death and despite the Japanese Bushido code I doubt many people are lining up for the job.

edit on 22-8-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)
robots dont have to go no where near. And dont bag my mind with yours.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It's 250 feet deep, and concrete lined. You're proposing digging down, and blowing up the tunnel. That would most likely bring water rushing in.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

It's 250 feet deep, and concrete lined. You're proposing digging down, and blowing up the tunnel. That would most likely bring water rushing in.
thats exactly what im proposing. And cement, sand,and any other stuff they need to dump. Multiple tunnels all concrete lined. Proper filtreing at surface level.250tunnels blown up together,the outer concrete cylinder left intact. Bulldoze the rest of the crap in and plug.
edit on 22-8-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: only way.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

But you said blow them up and let the reactor sink. That means water floods in.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Water is flooding in/out now.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

In relatively small amounts. Your solution would flood the area with massive amounts of water, and create so much more of an ecological disaster that it's not even funny.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

In relatively small amounts. Your solution would flood the area with massive amounts of water, and create so much more of an ecological disaster that it's not even funny.
how do they keep water out of the channel tunnel. Do you propose leaving all that fuel for the next tsunami/earthquake. All we can do is buy time now.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I told you. Reinforced concrete. That's NOT blown up. Blowing up your tunnel that close to the Pacific would allow water to rush in and back out into the Pacific.

No, I suggest that they do exactly what they propose, and start moving the fuel rods. It's going to take time, but it's the best solution with our current technology.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

i dont think you grasp the gravity of the situation.
You have a fuel which is equivalent to billions of tons of coal. A few gram of cesium 137 killed a bunch of people in brazil and contaminated huge areas. How many grams of cesium 137 has Fukishima produced? Ever heard of the doomsday bomb? Well fukishima is a doomsday bomb times 10

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I grasp the concept better than most. But I also don't think that rushing in and doing something stupid, just to do something is the best solution either.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

this MAY SOUND OUTTA BOX BUT FOR FUKUSHIMA EA*RTH.

first thought was deep freeze all material and surrounding material including ocean out so many approx. miles... To offensive on nature though in region already exposed on and off land to radioactivity and cold temp upkeep costly.

Keeping freeze aspect. Design a disinfecting neutralizing agent that is finished product like a gel can be dust form in production and transporting phase as Water ocean could be final added product.

Cover Fukushima ENTIRE toxic zone after YES wild & sea life removed as best possible. Cover with gel this gel will leak into many of the areas where radio clouds can be trapped if concreted over which then can cause potential leaks in future. So cover entire land area and out so many miles into ocean just let its seep down into sea shelf covering neutralizing and disinfecting the area sea wall/floor. The gel will make a somewhat artificial environment visible friendly translucent shelf (sea wall/floor) out in ocean and on land make a dome like formation. This gel will seep over a measured and designated time period all together allowing it to be distributed continuously for say 1-3 years and after that it begins to harden to final stage. It then traps pollutants on land under gel domes and covers sea wall/floor close to toxic exposed areas within the sea shelf...

best wishes to ALL* for generations if its not contained may be altered later down the line.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I would build a huge deep trencuh around perimeter of reactors and set a foundation of steel and concrete in the trench that will be sturdy for a few thousand years. Then I would build a huge gigantic bulldozer and use it to push the reactors into trench. Then fill it in with concrete and steel.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
we are so far into this that all i hear is death knell.
the scientists of the world have not flocked to Japan because....
they dont know what to do either.
the radiation has been spewing for way to long.
this is a world ending event people.
its in the air, its in the rain, its in the ground.
the Pacific is slowly dying........

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

great idea,,2 years ago,,before the "blobs",,started there downward, journey.
2 years to late.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

now comes one of the scarier parts....
extraction of the fuel rods.
its a disaster waiting in the wings.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

There might be something in having rods sunk in and around the toxic area and spraying liquid nitrogen down them. Using water to cool the reactors isn't going to work. If its all locked up in a deep freeze, it might do the trick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join