It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Likens Global Warming Deniers to Slavery, Apartheid Perpetrators

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You suffer from a severe case of denial. First the majority in the AGW debate acknowledge the scientific data that shows man is causing global warming induced climate change. I don't support Al Gore's solutions to the problem such as taxation or carbon credit trading, but he's not wrong on the issue... not in the least bit. Climate change is happening, it's happening faster than we thought it was going to and the denial of it is causing inaction. Inaction will lead to losing the ability to mitigate the worst of it, inaction will lead to the poor becoming the most affected by it and the least able to migrate on their own or adapt. The apartheid analogy isn't wrong it just won't be based on race per se but rather wealth. We will be forced to triage migration and adaptation and it will done with an iron fist.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

. I don't support Al Gore's solutions to the problem such as taxation or carbon credit trading, but he's not wrong on the issue... not in the least bit.

If he is wrong, why do you support him?

Climate change is happening, it's happening faster than we thought it was going to and the denial of it is causing inaction.

What inaction?

Inaction will lead to losing the ability to mitigate the worst of it, inaction will lead to the poor becoming the most affected by it and the least able to migrate on their own or adapt.

So, the poor are going to suffer as opposed to the middle class who will not suffer?

The apartheid analogy isn't wrong it just won't be based on race per se but rather wealth. We will be forced to triage migration and adaptation and it will done with an iron fist.

Apartheid; a segregation and racial discrimination against non-European groups
in the Republic of South Africa.

Gore is as wrong as he is a wealthy white European. Those who wish to follow Al Gore as a religious
leader - that is all he is nothing more than a huckster selling a carbon tax scheme - are welcome
to it. His race baiting is inexcusable - and one has to engage in some heavy duty mental gymnastics
(aka as denial) to justify support of his hypocritical diatribe.

edit on 22-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You suffer from a severe case of denial.

Disagree as the Global warming proponents are in the constant state of denial.

That they have been found out.

Put aside the labels in this video:

The Global Warming crowd agenda has been clearly exposed for what it is.

Pure crap.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Al Gore: Just another fat, rich, whacked out, hypocritical, lying, elitist, eco-terrorist, bent on scaring us (the unwashed masses) into listening to him and his army of 'activist scientists' as they tell us how to live our lives, while doing the opposite himself.

I am all for cleaning up and even recycling has its good points, but this ecological armageddon crap is one giant load of fertilizer, that 'Crazy' Al is slinging continuously as he pads his bank account, rides in motorcades, and laughs when he watches his own B.S. movie.

He must be a fan of David Hannum, because with every cockeyed business/self-deifying venture he undertakes, Al Gore is proving the maxim: "There's a sucker born every minute."

edit on 8/22/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo (singing to slinging)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
Al Gore is proving the maxim: "There's a sucker born every minute."

true that, him and Billy made a good paid, did they not?
Snake oil Con men.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Al Gore and the climate doomsayers are at it again. The former vice president took to Twitter this week to declare the planet “under threat,” and he already has a solution. Mr. Gore’s group, the Climate Reality Project, is running a “put the heat on denial” campaign throughout August to remind people that it’s hot not because it’s summer, but because Americans are using their air conditioning and driving automobiles.

Alarmists hope to convince the public that the only way to avert certain catastrophe is to force everyone to use “green” energy. Mr. Gore coincidentally stands to profit handsomely from such a conversion through his politically correct investment firm, Generation Investment Management.

So far, Americans have been cold to the idea of giving up the conveniences of modern life. Because the planet has refused to warm up and cast doubt on the alarmist prophecies, Mr. Gore has stepped up his proganda game. In the past month, there have been 2,055 cities across the country reporting chilly summertime peak temperatures. In Texarkana, Texas, for example, the mercury can soar beyond 110 degrees in August. Residents on Friday enjoyed balmy temperatures in the 70s, beating a record set three decades ago.
www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

In the past month, there have been 2,055 cities across the country reporting chilly summertime peak temperatures. In Texarkana, Texas, for example, the mercury can soar beyond 110 degrees in August. Residents on Friday enjoyed balmy temperatures in the 70s, beating a record set three decades ago.

Well what in the Sam Hill is HE complaining about ?

Just think about all the carbon credits that get saved by not running air conditioners

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I just find this debate so useless for the common person.

I'm already vegetarian, use electricity very sparingly (not much of a choice in SA), use public transport and don't fly across the globe with an entourage.

So why the hell should I care, and how does it make a difference to me?

I can't do anything about it.

Why doesn't Al Gore start traveling with a camel and a poo-bag (as Penn and Teller once suggested)?

Smug is all I hear.
Yeah, smug to give us new carbon taxes, no doubt.
What a friggin' clown.
edit on 26-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Great icon! He has to try and keep the myth alive long enough,
facts do not matter to this crowd!
Gore has his work cut out,
he has got to try and stay relevant!

How is that for an inconvenient truth, Mr Gore!

edit on 27-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No one is denying that there is climate change.. we just would like to point out that our planet has been going through climate changes since the dawn of time. There are cooler and warmer periods, and it is traced to the activity of the Sun, not humans.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

What exactly do you mean by "stay" relevant?

The cat was let out of the bag that he's a retard when he said the center of the Earth was "millions and millions of degrees".

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Oh, I meant in his own mind, and to his supporters. Not that he was ever
on target with his junk science.

Thanks for asking, anytime

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Al Gore is at it again. I think this pretty much proves the point that Gore,
and his followers are desperate to keep people worried about GW.

So he is out preaching the hate, comparing those who deny AGW to raging alcoholics,
and playing the race card? :shk:

Al Gore dished out some harsh words for global warming skeptics, likening the deniers of the
environmental issue to the perpetrators of history’s most egregious events including apartheid and slavery.

Now this is over the top. It is one thing to disagree on the issue of GW, but is
it really reasonable or logical to spew such diatribe on this issue?

Yes. In 200 years, the unrestrained burning of coal of today will be regarded as today's people do of slavery 200 years prior. Morally repugnant, deeply selfish and completely accepted as business as usual in the economic system of the time.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

No one is denying that there is climate change.. we just would like to point out that our planet has been going through climate changes since the dawn of time. There are cooler and warmer periods, and it is traced to the activity of the Sun, not humans.

Right.

Because back then, animals weren't able to dig out enormous amounts of sequestered fossilized carbon, burn it and put it in the atmosphere.

Now, it's different.

All physical evidence, as well as understanding of the laws of physics, shows that greenhouse gas changes, from humans, are responsible.

The patterns are different. Increased Sun results in more heat in equator, not poles. More greenhouse results in more increases in poles. Increased Sun results in hotter days relative to nights. Increased greenhouse results in hotter nights relative to days. Etc. Etc. Every one of those, the data comes out on "greenhouse" not "Sun".

If you have 5 guys come in the ER last week with heart problems from cholesterol, when the next guy comes in with obvious evidence of a bullet hole in his chest, would you call his heart problem "natural causes"?

That's the same reasoning as assuming that past natural climate change does anything to abrogate the effect of human activity. Because the effects of human activity are quantified and a consequence of extremely solid, predictive physical chemistry, the same predictive science which works in all the rest of the modern technological world. Scientists don't turn off their thinking when the answer comes out with something which is deeply unpleasant.
edit on 31-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
AlGore needs a massage...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
This is a typical fascist ploy favoured by desperate leftists. Alinsky understood it well.

An insidious form of thought control: You will not think incorrect thoughts, lest you be denounced by the collective as an enemy of the collective; aka Racist! Islamophobe! Bigot! Homophobe! Teabagger! etc... you get the idea.

Its typical of the left, that they cannot advance their ideas without deception, thuggery and yes, outrageous lies (The more outrageous, the better)

Right wingers never used to think the laws of physics were "thuggery". Today they do.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Al Gore if Full of Himself,,,
Has anyone ever been to this site and read the artile if you click on the cartoons.
Watts Up With That?
It's the Gore-a-thon on Watts Up Whit That.
wattsupwiththat.com...

I'm sure everyone remembers the Poor Polar Bears and how their world was melting and their lives were in danger.
B. S. My friends in Alaska, said the Polar Bear numbers had increased and it was just plain dangerous to even go out.
But old al gore was,

Here's a pretty good example of earths natural and gradual warming.

Yes, I'm Liking it,,,, as long as the wife don't know

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Dear Kali74,

I applaud your courage in taking a position not embraced by anyone else in the thread (until you led the way). And this is honestly not a veiled attack on anything or anybody. I was forced to think about a sentence in your post.

First the majority in the AGW debate acknowledge the scientific data that shows man is causing global warming induced climate change.
Is this analysis somehow different than most other science?

It seems to me that scientists say "Here's the data, here's the analysis, if we did something wrong we want the scientific community to catch it and correct it." That process would go on until there is agreement that everything is considered sound. But here it seems different. A body of scientists (I don't know how large) are saying "The data is unreliable and your analysis doesn't account for X, Y, and Z."

Doesn't that mean that the question is not settled, and the scientific process needs to continue to work until the right analysis and data are determined?

I didn't think that scientific truth was determined by majority vote.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Oh, I meant in his own mind, and to his supporters. Not that he was ever
on target with his junk science.

Thanks for asking, anytime

Ahh, I see. So kinda how like some people still worship Manson and Hitler but nearly everyone else knows they were freakin nutjobs?
edit on 4-9-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Now, it's different. All physical evidence, as well as understanding of the laws of physics, shows that greenhouse gas changes, from humans, are responsible. 

That's remarkable!

So just how did humans cause the rising temperatures on other planets in our solar system as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join