It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT Cop Says American Neighborhoods Are “Battlefields”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Please try to stay on topic. Both of you.

Not possible.

For the first time I am not mad about the topic,
I'm actually mad at him.

For being so dumb in public.
I expected more.
Much more.

Mike

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Man, you're all over the place. And I don't have a guilt complex, so your attempted analytical assessment of me is a failure. In my op, I was responding to someone else, and you just had to chime in. How about stop derailing the thread and stay on topic. Sorry OP, I'm trying.

Yeah, no, that's not an apology.

The only thing I'm learning here, from you,
is to never ever do a good deed,
to never right a wrong,
or to never stand for justice.

Why.
Why do I say that, based one what you are writting?
Because as your evasiveness proves,
the revisionists and moral critics will never-let-you-forget it.

"omg he used to have cancer, he sucks"

Then I'm all like, b.s.

Then your all like "omg I didn't say that"

Then I'm all like "why you trying to guilt trip me bro."

Now your all like "I don't have a guilt trip, and OP I'm the sane one here trying so-so hard to get back on topic."

Wana act like were not on topic?
Here is the freakin topic.

10 points to anyone who can guess what countries
these militarized police are in.

Mike

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but alot of these "militarized" cops have served tours in Iraq or Afghanistan, or both. What is to stop someone with that kind of experience from reacting as they would in a warzone when they are faced with a threatening situation on the streets of America?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Mike

South Africa and Mali.

How do I collect?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Mike

South Africa and Mali.

How do I collect?

Ten points of the Glory of God to you "thisguyrightthere".

To invest or spend as you please,
with %10 of any gain owed
to the deliverer Annually.

Mike
edit on 23-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

And what do the gun rights advocates think about this?

most "gun rights advocates" are actually personal freedom advocates, one of which is the right to bear arms.

we don't need a militarized force (outside of military bases) on u.s. soil, ESPECIALLY when that group is tasked to handle routine things such as traffic stops.

i dislike the war, but i'll take a soldier over a police officer any day. any. day. one knows what suffering and death actually looks like, so they endeavor to prevent it; the other has a brazen curiosity about violence and control fetishes.

in short, these police tactics take away fundamental rights, completely defeating the purpose of having police.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Maybe we should send swat to Iraq and Afghanistan, since you know they face the same dangers...

Teach them what real war is, so they know its not what you do on american streets.

now.

DO people grasp? study up and compare..

POLICE ARE REDCOATS

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
now lets rewind pre-gulf war.

do police share the same sentiment as OP?

my guess is not. because back then they hired police-men and not soldiers.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't disagree with their assessment. Hence the reason for being better armed than they.

If they wish to view their role as military combatants against We the People, they will find that King Midas regretted his wish as will they. They are vastly outnumbered. Just because they're currently allowed to terrorize people at will doesn't mean that will always be the case.

Be careful what you wish.........you just might get it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Totally agree. With odds at 100 to 1 it won't really matter what they are armed with. A civilian population with pitchforks could overcome them. It will take an action on their part that is so heinous that people will finally say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
If you haven't figured out who the enemy is on this battlefield, it is you.
Just sayin.

I hate it when they call us the enemy. Because that means they're our enemy, and if that's the case... as soon as people realize it, things will go downhill fast.

That said, I'm one of those that started seeing them as the enemy some time ago.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Good Lord, why would you want to live in a town where you thought that level of constant armament, not to mention paranoia, was necessary?

You might want to consider moving somewhere where a concealed gun and knife aren't all that necessary. Heck, I'd be worried more about perhaps making a mistake about someone's intentions and shooting first and finding out they were just asking directions later, or my grandkids getting a hold of something when I wasn't looking.

For the record, I have a feeling whenever I'm in a large city that it's a death trap too, but only because if that's the moment the economy decides to tank, or an earthquake to hit, it really would be a deathtrap. I choose to live in a small town for that reason, and also to avoid the hordes that may some day need to get out of NYC or LA. You give up access to the museums and other big-city things, but the trade off is peace, quiet and space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join