It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT Cop Says American Neighborhoods Are “Battlefields”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is what it used to be like.

The police contained the Samurai Sword wielding individual until the sun went down,
and finally got him with fire hoses and a ladder.

Mike

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
And what do the gun rights advocates think about this?

Oh that's right. "We need more guns"

Cause nothing helps sort out a "Battlefield" like more weaponry.

Anyone think that this whole pro gun crowd really works for the NWO, and THIS is one of their methods for population control? "Let's try and arm everyone and see if they just take themselves out!"

But keep adding guns out there folks, see if that decreases gun violence.

What do you call the areas in big cities where crime is rampant and everyone is on subsistence with gangs running each street corner?

And to your question what does this above have anything to do with the citizen rights to legally own firearms? I think a good place to watch is Chicago where they recently allowed concealed weapons permits in a city that outlaws guns but still has 500 plus murders due to them.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
In this ABC news story about it, the chief of police said that the Police used great restraint.

Except for the one person who went to a hospital for a rubber bullet wound,
I would say, yes. Yes they did use great restraint.

And I would want a riot shield and face plate too,
if a drunken mob of tourist were throwing bricks at me.

In this case the police appeared to use restraint but it's not relevant to this topic. The issue we are discussing is the militarization of the police and SWAT units. It's one thing to use a riot shield during a riot, quite another to be arming police with automatic weapons and armored personnel carries all across the country. Then to indoctrinate them that they are in a similar situation as troops in Afghanistan and US citizens are the enemy.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

In this case the police appeared to use restraint but it's not relevant to this topic. The issue we are discussing is the militarization of the police and SWAT units. It's one thing to use a riot shield during a riot, quite another to be arming police with automatic weapons and armored personnel carries all across the country. Then to indoctrinate them that they are in a similar situation as troops in Afghanistan and US citizens are the enemy.

Yes,
but I'm trying to provoke you to get off the fence and make a stand.

Should we bring back deputized citizens or not.

And if not,
why is the entire legal profession, and all the courts, in this country against it?

This isn't about the narrowly defined parameters of approved debate.

This is about our rights, not just one, all of them.

It's not that "the police are becoming militarized"
it's that they are and we are not.
Mixed in with an us vs. them mentality.

If the police feel besieged,
they too should want more deputized citizens.

Don't let them pit us against each other.

The Cops and citizens should team up against all the lawbreakers.
No matter how cushy a chair they may sit in.

Mike
edit on 22-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I ran across this video recently:

"Retired Marine Issues Dire Warning About US 'Building A Domestic Army' "

"What's happening here is we're building a domestic military, because it's unlawful, it's unconstitutional to use American troops on American soil. So what we're doing is we're building a military."
"...they're wearing the exact same combat gear as we wore in Iraq, only it's a different color"
"What we're doing here, and let's not kid about it, we're building a domestic army and we're shrinking the military because the government is afraid of it's own citizens."
"...I can't believe that people aren't seeing it. Is everybody blind?"

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Should we bring back deputized citizens or not.

It's not that "the police are becoming militarized" it's that they are and we are not.
Mixed in with an us vs. them mentality.

If the police feel besieged, they too should want more deputized citizens.
Don't let them pit us against each other.

Well, I can't recall the last time the Sheriff called up a real posse to hunt down bad guys. I would be against deputizing people to look for generic problems. Also I don't believe for one minute the police are "besieged" they practically out gun everything on the North American continent and the only pitting they are doing is us against them.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 22-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well, I can't recall the last time the Sheriff called up a real posse to hunt down bad guys. I would be against deputizing people to look for generic problems. Also I don't believe for one minute the police are "besieged" they practically out gun everything on the North American continent and the only pitting they are doing is us against them.

I'm not hearing a solution.

Star none the less.

Mike
edit on 22-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

My solution would be to demilitarize the cops. All of them. Use Congressional legislation if need be. Other than that stock up on arms and ammo.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
All of you posters who think our streets are not battlefields must not go out much.

Huh? Do you walk around alone on any city street small or large and feel safe?
Surprise, surprise you are never safe in or out of your home in this day and time.

Robberies, shootings, kidnapping of children and adults, rape, child molestation, and physcial assults just because somebody want to hurt or kill some one.

I am an average 66 year old female citizen and you can bet you arse I am always carrying at least a pistol and a knife.
I do this even when on our gated family living compound with guard dogs on patrol.

If threatened I could call 911 for help but I would be dead or hurt before they could get to me.

By the way, my son has a large Gun and Pawn shop.
He can tell anyone that the female population in Georgia is loaded with a hand gun in their expensive purses or concealed some other way on their person.

When the local police finaly get to my location they will only need to call the meat wagon and make a report on the creep I just put down.

Wake up..........................the good old days are gone.
It is not 1960 anymore.
edit on 22-8-2013 by dizziedame because: To add info.
1960 might have been the glory days for you, but there were too many lynchings ,Jim Crow, and bonfires made of burning crosses for my taste. Sorry for being off topic OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
1960 might have been the glory days for you, but there were too many lynchings ,Jim Crow, and bonfires made of burning crosses for my taste. Sorry for being off topic OP.

Don't be sound-bite retarded.

That kind of complaining is the same thing as saying
"Thank you for curing his cancer doctor, now we bury him forever".

The 60's were freakin awesome.
MOST people in the 70's had TWO houses.

But all those recessions you know, had to sell the boat,
then had to sell the second house.

I thought EVERYONE would have a beach house and boat by now.

AND YOU'RE GONNA BRING UP A CANCER,
THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN CURED,
AND THEN SAY I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY OF IT.

# you man!

The freakin cancer is cured.
Don't bury the past now.
Let the patient get off
the table and live.

WTF is wrong
with people.

Mike
edit on 23-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If cops want to play by military rules then let them.

Let them have to check, double check and triple check homes before requesting a go ahead on action from three different superiors.

Something tells me they wouldnt want to give up their ability to just kick in any random door for any random reason and shoot any person/pet they feel like.

Something tells me they wouldnt want to trade a tax-payer funded settlement for a hearing in a military court.

They want to play army games then lets play army games.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Your description of your self makes me think of Grandma Mazzur from the Stephanie Plum novels.

You don't go to funeral homes to scout out potential dates do you?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I can see it now;

One cop fires on an "enemy combatant"; someone with a frown on their face.

Another cop fires on that cop because a family member of his was just wasted.

Do cops know they will be targeting family members of cops, or do they have a list for that too?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

All of you posters who think our streets are not battlefields must not go out much.

Huh? Do you walk around alone on any city street small or large and feel safe? Surprise, surprise you are never safe in or out of your home in this day and time.

Yes, I go out of the house. Even *GASP* late at night. I feel no fear at all except from the pigs that patrol my city's streets. I'm in my mid forties now and have never been in a fight, never had a problem except when the pigs get involved. Those few times I have encountered pigs, I end up in jail on thought crimes and my life gets ruined.

Your post makes me sad. All that fear of regular people trying to live their lives. All these ridiculous laws, rules, regulations that screw us common folk are literally turning people towards "criminal" activities just to survive. Due to the insanity of our lawmakers, there isn't much that isn't a crime.

Let me put it this way. I'd trust a "criminal" any day over the actual criminals, the legal gang of pigs that think of us as enemy combatants in a war zone. I just went out and picked up a free washer off of Craigslist. No war going on out there, except the pigs that were harassing pedestrians, probably for no reason at all except they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was a nice, peaceful morning, well, not for those people walking the street that were so dangerous they had to be harassed and, most likely, arrested for walking down the street.

I walk/ride my bike all the time, late at night, picking up cans to recycle. No one ever bothers me. The only thing I fear, at all, ain't terrorists, ain't gangs, it's pigs.They are the real terrorists.

I don't live in fear. You should try it, your mind might open up a bit. Your post, and the attitude therein, is a prime reason why propaganda is used every minute of every day. It obviously works, judging from what you wrote.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Don't be sound-bite retarded.

That kind of complaining is the same thing as saying
"Thank you for curing his cancer doctor, now we bury him forever".

The 60's were freakin awesome.
MOST people in the 70's had TWO houses.

But all those recessions you know, had to sell the boat,
then had to sell the second house.

I thought EVERYONE would have a beach house and boat by now.

AND YOU'RE GONNA BRING UP A CANCER,
THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN CURED,
AND THEN SAY I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY OF IT.

# you man!

The freakin cancer is cured.
Don't bury the past now.
Let the patient get off
the table and live.

WTF is wrong
with people.

Mike
Screw you back, though guy. I never said THE 60's, I was referring to THE YEAR 1960. I know that parts of the 60's were awesome, I was born in 69, and good music came out during that decade. Before you hurl insults, try reading comprehension courses. And your analogy sucks. Again OP, sorry to be off topic.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Screw you back, though guy. I never said THE 60's, I was referring to THE YEAR 1960. I know that parts of the 60's were awesome, I was born in 69, and good music came out during that decade. Before you hurl insults, try reading comprehension courses. [color=gold] And your analogy sucks. Again OP, sorry to be off topic.

It does. Really.

People the world over are not 10 times worse now,
about blaming America for everything from Jim Crow to not letting women vote.

Things witch the "patient" has been cured of.

I'm rejecting your passive-aggressive guilt trip
outright,
and your splitting hairs ("I didn't say the 60's I said 1960")
trying to make it look like there is some temperamental thing with me.

Mike

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Screw you back, though guy. I never said THE 60's, I was referring to THE YEAR 1960. I know that parts of the 60's were awesome, I was born in 69, and good music came out during that decade. Before you hurl insults, try reading comprehension courses. [color=gold] And your analogy sucks. Again OP, sorry to be off topic.

It does. Really.

outright,

Mike
Man, you're all over the place. And I don't have a guilt complex, so your attempted analytical assessment of me is a failure. In my op, I was responding to someone else, and you just had to chime in. How about stop derailing the thread and stay on topic. Sorry OP, I'm trying.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Another common thing in the police force is to hire prior military. So people who have been trained on the battlefield and for war and given a much different mission than dealing with civilians are bringing what they learned on the battlefield to work. Just saying... If they were already accustomed to shooting and killing people over there, it shouldnt come as a shock that those lines between civilian and enemy and battlefield are all quite blurry.

Just think how trigger happy a person could be coming back from combat where they were trained to shoot and kill ask questions later, then to come back home and have that itch but a much stricter set of rules. I think it would be difficult to switch gears.
edit on 23-8-2013 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It does. Really.

outright,

Mike

Please try to stay on topic. Both of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join