It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in...OK shooting of Chris Lane was a gang initiation!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by JDmOKI

Nah...jail costs too much to taxpayers.
Carpet bomb all ghettoes and watch the crime rates go way down.

White gangs,hispanic gangs,black gangs etc etc

Bomb them all....Operation Cockroach.

All for Operation Cockroach say I

HawkeyeNation: I

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Wow. I knew it. I just knew that our gang-banging, thugly, O.G. wannabe, cap-popping, pill-popping, pot-toking, pants-sagging, bling-wearing, DUB-rolling culture is getting out of hand. Good grief.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I cannot speak for anyone else, but as for me, the excuse that three boys murdered a white jogger "because they were bored" is as retarded sounding as it gets. They clearly killed Chris Lane for some OTHER reason and they fed the police the "we were bored" line as an excuse

The excuse that this was some sort of gang initiation, is just as 'retarded'(as you so elegantly put it) as the excuse that it was because of boredom.

Both of those excuses are completely void of any sort of logic and/or reason.

...until you realize the claim that this is a gang initiation is coming from the son of the man who originally called the cops on the suspects. It makes perfect sense that the son would have intimate knowledge of this being a gang initiation since according to both the son and the father, the suspects were trying to strongarm the kid into joining the gang. That would definitely explain why the kid refused to join the gang since it would mean they would demand him to randomly murder an innocent bystander himself.

That is speculation on my part, but the fact that the shooters were gang members (or gang member wannabes, the difference being immaterial as far as the victim is concerned) is becoming something that cannot be ignored any longer.

I wasn't trying to say that I don't believe that it could be gang-related. I just meant that each of those reasons is just as stupid as the other.

Either way, it basically just boils down to being that '[color=E39698]People are *snippin'* idiots.'

edit on 8/22/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Now I'm not going to dispute your claim OP but I've also read they were "wanna be" gang members. Not literally but figuratively speaking. It's good thing I didn't have Facebook back when I was 18 because I was a "wanna be". I listened to rap music, threw up "west side, east side" symbols, threw up a "bloods" sign only because I saw it in a music video. From looking at my pics you would probably think I was a gang banger but very very far from it.

Would your Facebook page have had photos like this? Here's a photo someone managed to grab from James Edwards' own Facebook page before it was yanked. You will nore that blue is the Crips' gang color, so wannabe or not, Edwards knew at least that much about the gang lifestyle.

There's a difference between someone play-pretending to be a gangsta and somone legitimately behaving like he's a thug.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thanks, Dave, Hawkeye, and the rest of you 'common-sense'-types.

One question? Where is that loud-mouth "defender-of-civil-rights" buffoon Al Sharpton and his mentor, Jesse-the-Jack-a$$ Jackson? They sure got vocal and plenty of on-camera face-time with the Zimmerman thing. Nobama too. Didn't Mr. Lane have any rights we should be defending and speaking out in support of?

Their silence now speaks volumes...

My sincere condolences to our friends down-under. I hope they know how aghast and sorry we are for their loss and the way that it happened -and especially for the manner in which TMSM selectively parodies the "news". What a shame...
edit on 8/22/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Thanks, Dave, Hawkeye, and the rest of you 'common-sense'-types.

One question? Where is that loud-mouth "defender-of-civil-rights" buffoon Al Sharpton and his mentor, Jess- the- Jack-a$$ Jackson? They sure got vocal and plenty of on-camera face-time with the Zimmerman thing. Nobama too. Didn't Mr. Lane have any rights we should be defending and speaking out in support of?

Their silence now speaks volumes...

My sincere condolences to our friends down-under. I hope they know how aghast and sorry we are for their loss and the way that it happened -and especially for the manner in which TMSM selectively parodies the "news". What a shame...

They are being notoriously quiet but the double standard hasn't gone unnoticed. Ex-Rep. Allen West of Florida is calling out Obama to address the Oklahoma City shooting on Twitter, saying "Who will Obama identify with this time?". Here's an interesting article on the double standard from the Washington Post:

Washington Times: Double Standard seen in white man's killing

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Now I'm not going to dispute your claim OP but I've also read they were "wanna be" gang members. Not literally but figuratively speaking. It's good thing I didn't have Facebook back when I was 18 because I was a "wanna be". I listened to rap music, threw up "west side, east side" symbols, threw up a "bloods" sign only because I saw it in a music video. From looking at my pics you would probably think I was a gang banger but very very far from it.

Would your Facebook page have had photos like this? Here's a photo someone managed to grab from James Edwards' own Facebook page before it was yanked. You will nore that blue is the Crips' gang color, so wannabe or not, Edwards knew at least that much about the gang lifestyle.

There's a difference between someone play-pretending to be a gangsta and somone legitimately behaving like he's a thug.

I see what you're saying but would I have been naive enough to have done it? I don't know...looking back it was 15 years ago and to be honest I probably would have. I wore FUBU gear, wore the hat backwards, wore a big chain & all that good stuff. For me it was just a look. All I'm saying is we don't have any conclusive evidence to tie this to gang relations at the moment. Maybe they were a gang in their own right. A gang is defined as a group of criminals.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
To bad the cops didn't profile them and frisk them.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Ok people...

This was in Duncan, OK. I first thought this happened in OKC proper. Duncan is a tiny little town, and I seriously doubt these kids were actual legitimate gang members. More than likely they were "wannabe" gang members. It doesn't change anything, but it does add some perspective

I can tell people I belong to a gang, and act tough. It doesn't mean I'm actually in a gang. What is scary is that people that want to be in gangs but aren't often times act more violent than real gang members. These "wannabes" feel they have something to prove.

Anyway, check out the little town of Duncan. I don't see myself moving anytime soon.

Duncan is near Lawton which is a military town. It is a ghetto overrun by gangs and crime because that is what the military attracts. There are gangs because there are customers for drugs. There are gangs in the tiniest of towns which are affiliated with Bloods, Crips and latin gangs like MS13 or whatever they are called. They are especially prevalent in the little towns along major corridors like I-35 and the highways that stem from it. All drugs from Mexico come through Oklahoma on their way to Chicago. Where there are drugs, there are gangs. And they are just as violent no matter what size the town is. And in our current cultural landscape of hip hop and glorified ghetto crap, it's inescapable no matter where you go.

edit on 8/22/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/22/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: glorified

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Ok people...

This was in Duncan, OK. I first thought this happened in OKC proper. Duncan is a tiny little town, and I seriously doubt these kids were actual legitimate gang members. More than likely they were "wannabe" gang members. It doesn't change anything, but it does add some perspective.

Go use Google street view and walk around Duncan. That place looks depressing as hell. Why someone would want to live, or extend gang territory there is beyond me. I'm cruising up and down main street, and it looks like half the stores are closed.

I can tell people I belong to a gang, and act tough. It doesn't mean I'm actually in a gang. What is scary is that people that want to be in gangs but aren't often times act more violent than real gang members. These "wannabes" feel they have something to prove.

Anyway, check out the little town of Duncan. I don't see myself moving anytime soon.

Definatly a dreary place. Main Street looks way too big for its boots.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Duncan is near Lawton which is a military town. It is a ghetto overrun by gangs and crime because that is what the military attracts. There are gangs because there are customers for drugs. There are gangs in the tiniest of towns which are affiliated with Bloods, Crips and latin gangs like MS13 or whatever they are called. They are especially prevalent in the little towns along major corridors like I-35 and the highways that stem from it. All drugs from Mexico come through Oklahoma on their way to Chicago. Where there are drugs, there are gangs. And they are just as violent no matter what size the town is. And in our current cultural landscape of hip hop and glorified ghetto crap, it's inescapable no matter where you go.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You forgot one of the 3

and I see that James Edwards made racists tweets against whites, such as "90% of white ppl are nasty. I HATE THEM"

It was a lyric from a rap song.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Those are not Crip gang signs

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

true.
that's thier own little wannabe gang. (lame a$$ sign by the way)
they are from bum fu** oklahoma in the middle of nowhere about 2 hours south of OKC.
cmon. Wannabe.

What gang blasts a person for no reason as initiation anyways? That's some chump shi*.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Might as well honestly. After gangs take over a neighborhood it starts looking like its been carpet bombed anyways.....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do they still have chain-gangs in Oklahoma?

Think these three will be so tight once they are all behind bars?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Actually that's a misconception gang members kill random civilians as a form of initiation all the time. Killing a rival gang member would most likely cause a violent retaliation.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I grew up in Duncan and still live about 8 miles south of it. Stephens county at one point was the meth capital of the US per capita and this district receives the most funding from the state for the drug task force.

The town isn't as dreary as you would assume. Main street is one of the oldest parts of Duncan and most of the stores there ARE open. But you are right, this little town sucks and unfortunately my family is from here so I've had to grow up here.

The place where that picture was taken was Elm Terrace apartments, a low-income housing complex that has had the highest crime rates since the 70's. If you want to look at your google maps again go to the intersection of ELM ST and C ST and there you will find those apartments. I have family that lives there and they are looking to move, thankfully. (OT: head south until you reach highway 7 and you can see the previous Halliburton headquarters. Halliburton was founded here and still runs the town.)

Elm Terrace is horrible. Children from 4+ running around with potty mouths acting hard because that's what they see their elders doing every day. Drugs are rampant in Duncan, especially at Elm Terrace. There are no hard-core gangs in this town. Just a bunch of wanna be's but that doesn't make them any less dangerous.

James Edwards is racist and I know that for a fact. He attempted to fight my 27 yr old brother-in-law because "we don't like white boys around here" but he was also hangin' with about 8 of his black friends.. He likely wouldn't have said that had his friends not been there. . this was maybe 3 months ago. . ..

reply to post by DrumsRfun

That statement is ridiculous to just bomb the ghetto's. Despite what I've said about Elm Terrace being bad, there are a few good peoples who live there. I'm sure there's a better solution than just leveling the complex.

reply to post by Outrageo

Rev Jessie Jackson has tweeted about this crime:
"Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This senseless violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail,"

. . .and a post on his facebook page:
"The recent incidents of violence in America most notably the murder of Christopher Lane an aspiring student athlete from Australia in Oklahoma and the attack of a student on a school bus in Florida once again calls each of us to a collectively resist all forms of violence in our society,"

LINK: FOXNEWS
edit on 23-8-2013 by lurker007 because: edited to reformat

edit on 23-8-2013 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You should ALL blame the people further up the chain that profit from these occurences. Black people didn't make big budget rap vids, or ipods, or any other aspirational thing, big enough to have race-wide, socialogical effects for themselves, back in the day. So who did ? Henceforth a culture shall emerge.............

I'm not racist in any way. I'm even slightly miffed writing the last sentance before this !!
A world where ALL people get along for me please.

Ya catch my whift ?
edit on 23-8-2013 by pot8er because: Re-phrasing

edit on 23-8-2013 by pot8er because: grammar

edit on 23-8-2013 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by pot8er because: grammar again.sorry

edit on 23-8-2013 by pot8er because: HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( Sigh.........Grammar)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

Doesn't look like a proper Crip handkerchief as well. But hay had these guys been white and wore homemade hoods the sh*t would have been on even if they were unaffiliated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join