It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in...OK shooting of Chris Lane was a gang initiation!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I cannot speak for anyone else, but as for me, the excuse that three boys murdered a white jogger "because they were bored" is as retarded sounding as it gets. They clearly killed Chris Lane for some OTHER reason and they fed the police the "we were bored" line as an excuse. So, I did a bit of Google searching and I came across the following photo:

The one on the right is Chancey Luna, one of the teens arrested for the shooting. If you do a search for his Facebook page under Chancey Babydrake Luna you will find this photo. Notice he's not playing frisbee or pickign his nose. HE'S GIVING GANG SIGN!

So, I did more digging, and what do I come across but an article in the Sydney Morning Herald about the man who made the call to police to have Chancey Luna and James Edwards arrested. According to him, these youths were also targetting his own son because they were trying to strongarm his son into joining the Crips gang and he refused. The reason he called police wasn't becuase of the Chris Lane shooting- it was because his son received death threats from the three and they showed up at his doorstep. He learned from his son that it was a gang initiation, which explains why his son refused to join the gang-

Sydney Morning Herald: Chris Lane Shooting a gang initiation

All right, now we have a photo of one of the suspects giving gang sign and a witness stating they were bloodthirsty gang members. I did a little more digging, and I see that James Edwards made racists tweets against whites, such as "90% of white ppl are nasty. I HATE THEM"

Daily Caller: Edwards posting racist tweets

Immediately there are two observations...ONE, there is a gigantic trail of evidence linking the shooters to gangs and from gangs to hatred against white people, which makes it a problem with gangs and racism, and throws the whole "we did it out of boredom" excuse into the trash, and TWO, all this material was found on either alternative news sites or foreign news sources. US media has so far refused to acknowledge this information, which is pretty self serving and disgusting seeing how aggressively they were pushing the Trayvon Marton shooting as an incident of depriving an innocent man of his civil liberties. This information isn't coming from those crackpot "end of the world" web sites, either- it's coming from newspapers and the suspects' own Facebook page and Tweets!

Your thoughts? I will put any amount of money you want on it that the liberal media will continue to play down the gang and racism connection and insist on using the "they were bored" reason as an excuse to make them look less guilty than they actually are. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
edit on 22-8-2013 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
These guys could be President Obama's sons...

Oh wait, never mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the media is reporting the "bored" thing because that's what they actually said.. reporting a quote is what I would expect.. what I wouldn't expect is a bunch of speculation this early on.. he probably is racist, sounds like it .. but news agencies should stop speculating so much and start reporting facts..

We don't know that this shooting was racially motivated.. that's speculation.. it could be.. very well could be.. but it doesn't change the fact someone is dead that shouldn't be.. and they will be tried and convicted for that fact alone.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

They may be part of a city block gang but not a blood or crip...no dedicated colors and one is holding a sign up and one down...when you hold a gang sign upside down it's a sign of disrespect or to challenge the other gang...my thinking that they are want to be gang members which technically does not make them any less dangerous...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

They may be part of a city block gang but not a blood or crip...no dedicated colors and one is holding a sign up and one down...when you hold a gang sign upside down it's a sign of disrespect or to challenge the other gang...my thinking that they are want to be gang members which technically does not make them any less dangerous...

I noticed that also .. also most gang related deaths are towards rival gangs.. they tend to kill eachother, not random people on the street.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Also I'm sure they went to church that Sunday.

DMX always talked about gangs and killing other people. He would also tangle up his religious beliefs with his gang activities and assume that god condoned his behavior because he was never punished.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The racist comments are being covered in the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also CNN's front page mentions the racism comments, but nothing about the gang initiation.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

My thoughts have been the same as they have always been.
Carpet bomb all ghettoes and get rid of these dumb gang banging retards.

If I said they were a scourge to society....it would be a huge understatement.

Look at those 2 idiots in the picture the OP posted.
They look sooo cool.

edit on 22-8-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ok people...

This was in Duncan, OK. I first thought this happened in OKC proper. Duncan is a tiny little town, and I seriously doubt these kids were actual legitimate gang members. More than likely they were "wannabe" gang members. It doesn't change anything, but it does add some perspective.

Go use Google street view and walk around Duncan. That place looks depressing as hell. Why someone would want to live, or extend gang territory there is beyond me. I'm cruising up and down main street, and it looks like half the stores are closed.

I can tell people I belong to a gang, and act tough. It doesn't mean I'm actually in a gang. What is scary is that people that want to be in gangs but aren't often times act more violent than real gang members. These "wannabes" feel they have something to prove.

Anyway, check out the little town of Duncan. I don't see myself moving anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They are simply products of their environment. They ware YOUNG. I did a lot of dumb &&&& when I was young simply because I thought is was cool or because of older kids. They wanted to be "thugs" and what do "thugs" do.... anything they want until arrested. I'm sure these young black males have been spoon fed this type of culture and gravitated towards it for acceptance from their peers.

Same with the 17 year old white male. notice how he says 90% of whites in his tweet.

There is seriously something fundamentally wrong with our culture when impoverished youths think the only way out is to join gangs.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

While i think your statement is an overreaction. My over reaction would include treating gang affiliation as an act of "terrorism" and wipe the virus from our streets.only way to deal with this type of infection is amputation.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

Nah...jail costs too much to taxpayers.
Carpet bomb all ghettoes and watch the crime rates go way down.

White gangs,hispanic gangs,black gangs etc etc

Bomb them all....Operation Cockroach.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I cannot speak for anyone else, but as for me, the excuse that three boys murdered a white jogger "because they were bored" is as retarded sounding as it gets. They clearly killed Chris Lane for some OTHER reason and they fed the police the "we were bored" line as an excuse

The excuse that this was some sort of gang initiation, is just as 'retarded'(as you so elegantly put it) as the excuse that it was because of boredom.

Both of those excuses are completely void of any sort of logic and/or reason.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Might as well honestly. After gangs take over a neighborhood it starts looking like its been carpet bombed anyways.....

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Some of guys don't know what to believe do you?

The media doesn't know or doesn't care whether its racial, gang participation or whatever. They're going to give you the most interesting story to believe in to spin this in the unknown direction.

At this point and from the gate, these teenagers committed a homicide with the intent to cause death, period. It doesnt really matter what their intentions were and why, they wanted to kill and seek thrill.

These teenagers can get the death penalty or life without possibility of parole. Based on their statement to the police, there isn't much to go on but to make another statistic disappear into darkness. I'm hoping this will be a speedy trial and justice is serve accordingly.

edit on 22-8-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I cannot speak for anyone else, but as for me, the excuse that three boys murdered a white jogger "because they were bored" is as retarded sounding as it gets. They clearly killed Chris Lane for some OTHER reason and they fed the police the "we were bored" line as an excuse

The excuse that this was some sort of gang initiation, is just as 'retarded'(as you so elegantly put it) as the excuse that it was because of boredom.

Both of those excuses are completely void of any sort of logic and/or reason.

...until you realize the claim that this is a gang initiation is coming from the son of the man who originally called the cops on the suspects. It makes perfect sense that the son would have intimate knowledge of this being a gang initiation since according to both the son and the father, the suspects were trying to strongarm the kid into joining the gang. That would definitely explain why the kid refused to join the gang since it would mean they would demand him to randomly murder an innocent bystander himself.

That is speculation on my part, but the fact that the shooters were gang members (or gang member wannabes, the difference being immaterial as far as the victim is concerned) is becoming something that cannot be ignored any longer.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think this was a 3 person "gang" ... do gang related crimes earn someone a longer sentence? In my opinion these killers should be put down ASAP - what possible reason is there for keeping them alive? There's zero chance of them not being guilty, correct? They admitted the whole thing, and there's video of them fleeing the scene. Humanely dispose of this danger/waste/drain on society and be done with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You can just see how manipulated these kids are by looking deep in their eyes.

Body language ( throwing signs) doesn't match their "gang" mentality. By the way, throwing the "W" doesn't make you a G immediately. All I see is 2 wanksters trying to act like gangsters

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
You can just see how manipulated these kids are by looking deep in their eyes.

Body language ( throwing signs) doesn't match their "gang" mentality. By the way, throwing the "W" doesn't make you a G immediately. All I see is 2 wanksters trying to act like gangsters

Exactly. These fools are just playing pretendo. You can look at them and see they want to be hard but they're soft and they must prove to the "streets" to be feared and respected.

Some of these kids want to go to prison and live like an animals.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Now I'm not going to dispute your claim OP but I've also read they were "wanna be" gang members. Not literally but figuratively speaking. It's good thing I didn't have Facebook back when I was 18 because I was a "wanna be". I listened to rap music, threw up "west side, east side" symbols, threw up a "bloods" sign only because I saw it in a music video. From looking at my pics you would probably think I was a gang banger but very very far from it.

Also, most gang initiations from what I've read and watched on TV are not the result of a killing. Sure in some I'm sure there is but a majority are your typical ass whooping.

If I had to take a guess though is they were probably trying to impress a particular gang and earn some street cred in hopes of being able to join a gang.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join