It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria 'chemical' attack: France says force may be needed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just part of the fun...or not ...?

In the event that you have forgetten or you may have not been informed regarding the attempted purge of Russian influnce from Ossetia under the un-official guidence from nato.....well... we all know how well that went....right ?

Sadly i have been asked to change my profile. I have no intention in changing any form or what ever i feel as an expression of my profile. Therefore, i assume i will be not allowed ot further communicate on any level.

It has been a pleasure.

(Please excuse my english and lack of syntax,gramma)
edit on 22-8-2013 by Manipulativebehavior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manipulativebehavior

I've found this first round of cerebral chess quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Most people would support limited action designed to stop the use of chemical weapons, regardless of who is actually using them and I think to a further extent, to enforce a ceasefire so the killing can stop.

Really Stu? I think you forget easily. Like um, as [sarcasm]WAY[/sarcasm] far back as 2005....

US troops used white phosphorus as a weapon in last year's offensive in the Iraqi city of Falluja, the US has said.

No outcry from the UK. In fact, the UK tried to HELP explain away the difference as it having been used as an incendiary against enemy combatants. I guess the whole world was fooled into believing that if you call a piece of $h*t, filet mignon, then it IS filet mignon.

But nope, here is the UK helping fellow bed-buddies, the US justify it...in the same article.

A spokesman at the UK Ministry of Defence said the use of white phosphorus was permitted in battle in cases where there were no civilians near the target area.

What did they say? *gasp* It's not chemical! It's incendiary!

And he said it had been used in Falluja, but it was a "conventional munition", not a chemical weapon.

Link for all the above on BBC News

Since WHEN is White Phosphorous not a chemical? Since never. Allow me to offer up some insight:

Phosphorus is a nonmetallic chemical element with symbol P and atomic number 15. A multivalent pnictogen, phosphorus as a mineral is almost always present in its maximally oxidised state, as inorganic phosphate rocks. Elemental phosphorus exists in two major forms—white phosphorus and red phosphorus—but due to its high reactivity, phosphorus is never found as a free element on Earth.

Link to Wiki describing it

But drat the luck, what'd some crazy Italians have to go and do? Be there, when it was happening....soooo, they filmed it, and created a documentary about it.

Graphic visual footage of what are claimed to be WP weapons being fired from helicopters into urban areas is displayed, as well as detailed footage of the remains of those allegedly killed by these weapons, including children and women. The filmmakers interview ex US military soldier turned antiwar activist Jeff Englehart of Colorado who discusses the American use of white phosphorus, nicknamed "Willie Pete" (pre-NATO US phonetic alphabet for "WP" - White Phosphorus) by U.S. servicemembers, in built-up areas, and describes the Fallujah offensive as "just a massive killing of Arabs." Englehart spent two days in Fallujah during the battle.[2]

Read about Fallujah, The Hidden Masscre yourself

All this, and not only concurrence by the UK and, at the time, it's people by way of no research, but VERY little outcry.....though I WILL admit I heard some.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I hope the sh*t hits the fan real soon, the more i see in this lifetime the merrier i shall be!

edit on 22-8-2013 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Beg to differ the military didn't lose a war.

The politicians acting like politicians threw their hands up in the air and said 'whoops'.

Loss is still a loss. A screw up still a screw up.
edit on 22-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

The politicians acting like politicians threw their hands up in the air and said 'whoops'.

And Millions died.

A screw up still a screw up.

Washington is full of them

edit on 22-8-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Washington is full of them

So London and Im guessing, Paris, Berlin, Canberra, Wellington and Ottawa too

And if France get there way in syria we will get further proof too

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Quite what the point of you're rant was, I'm not so sure nor do I know why it is directed at me.

My post, which you quoted, was in response to the other chap saying the people of the UK would be in "uproar" about any intervention.

I replied in saying that I doubt they would and in fact, I suspect they would support a limited military operation under the guise of preventing further chemical attacks or enforcing a ceasefire.

Nothing at all to do with the UK Governments position on phosphorous nor how it handles its use by the USA....

Me thinks you're a tad confused and you've just come off as just a tiny bit strange........
edit on 22/8/13 by stumason because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

What? France? FRANCE SAYS?! France got us into the freakin Vietnam war! France and their sucking up to Hussein while running the oil for food scam is a great part of what got us into the Iraq war! I'm starting to think France is the biggest danger at this point.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo

What? France? FRANCE SAYS?! France got us into the freakin Vietnam war! France and their sucking up to Hussein while running the oil for food scam is a great part of what got us into the Iraq war! I'm starting to think France is the biggest danger at this point.

I agree.

We tend to see this as a Middle East issue but in reality it is a Mediterranean region issue.
France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, all NATO members and all Mediterranean region nations.
Iran cannot send troops there, there is no land route, no sea route, no air route once a war erupts. What they got there will be stranded and cut off.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Both Abbott and Rudd seem unable to set their position either.
Now that Australia has a seat at the UN.. we could all be going to the party together.

Imagine that.. infidels from all different countries involved in Syria.
It would make Iraq look like a kids birthday party.

All factions from all sides would descend into Syria.. this time, they actually do have weapons of mass destruction. This time, the militia is real, this time the worlds had 10yrs training to really make the west hurt.

I've been watching Vietnam in HD this week and I was astounded how well the Vietcong did against the US. For a 'ragtag' army they definitely managed to blow many jets out of the sky and cause considerable grief at US bases.

Look at the men in US society today.. couch potatoes.. you couldn't win a war against a ant colony the way your youth are looking!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
F France.

They led the bombing campaigns in Libya and are itching to have another go it seems.

en.wikipedia.org...

On 10 March 2011, France was the first country in the world to recognise the National Transitional Council as the legitimate government of Libya, in the context of the Libyan civil war against Muammar Gaddafi.[3] French Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighter planes also conducted the first military strikes against Gaddafi's forces by the Western nations and the United Nations - on 19 March 2011 approximately 20 such French warplanes destroyed Libyan tanks and armored vehicles.[4][5] Some reports state that these French air strikes began even before the end of the emergency meetings in Paris between the leaders of the Western nations and therefore were not coordinated with the air strikes of other nations, causing some friction among the allies.[5]

After the NTC dissolved its Executive Board on 8 August and tasked its chairman, Mahmoud Jibril, with forming a new one, France called the move "a sovereign decision". In a statement, the French Foreign Ministry said a new board should be "rapidly designated".[6]

So far they've been the first NATO nation screaming for a call of arms against Syria every chance it can get.

F France.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm honestly surprised we've waited this long to go get the natural resources, i mean free those poor citizens of Syria...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

France is emboldened by areas and theatres that they know. North Africa is France's specialty.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Lets let France lead the way then. And since this political leaders thinks its such a good idea, how about he leads the charge on the frontlines.

Ah....The old running Joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

LMFAO

You obviously don't know our youth.

Slip and Burn - The Final Chapter

These are the kind of youth i know in America today.....be afraid....we do this # for fun!

Just be thankful that we don't have a National Draft like we did in Vietnam. The youth in this country today would be the kind of force that no one would want to mess with. It is rather sad really, so many of these middle eastern countries rant and rave about how lazy and fat we are but if they knew the kind of bored, drunk young men i knew they wouldn't have a thing to say. I could fill a whole thread with the incredibly reckless, dangerous stuff that young men in this country do for kicks when they are bored and drunk.

Hand them an automatic weapon and deprive them of the easy sex they get now and there isn't a country on this planet that could stop them.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sheesh people!!!

I just cannot believe how some people here on this thread are French bashing so much using that arrogance that some of you are world famous for!

I can just imagine if some French, German, Italian, Brit or other person from another country started bashing your country the way that some of you people here on this thread are doing so right now to the French... a total uproar i suppose where more of your world famous arrogance would be displayed for all to see...

Have some respect for those in your country who do not have the same mentality as you... you are placing everyone in the same apple basket.

I guess that my use of the word "arrogance" is already enough to start some cranky motors off here!

Saddening.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Historically, France has had a successful and ongoing trade relationship with Syria.
This public outburst that you mention is either the result of a crumbling of "The Cookie"
of that relationship, or Bluff Diversion.

Either way, it is obvious that someone is on the verge of losing a great deal of capital.

There are "covert" arrangements at stake.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That is a creative "Play" that you mentioned.

The funny thing is, the operatives you mentioned do not have to
wear any uniform at all.

Sometimes all that is necessary is to cheer on the sidelines and be the Voyeuer.

Even "The Water Boy" is important.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

you need discipline for a successful fighting force.
but above all else you need dedication to the cause.

I doubt any of the 'drafted' youth could point out Syria on a map, Spell the word war or ever take instructions from drill sergeants.

just because they are nasty and gun-ho doesn't mean they would be an effective force.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join