It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush is no Adolf Hitler, and here is why

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
BlackJackel, I'm having a laugh with a serious point mixed in.

Those that supported Hitler werent supporting a 'HITLER' as we know him now. They were supporting the Hitler that pervaded the political sphere in the 1930s; They were supporting the man that to them successfully envisioned, portrayed what they wanted, and became ultimately accepted as the answer the German public were looking for.

In all seriousness I wouldnt compare Bush to Hitler in terms of execution of the office, or even in terms of execution of plans. I would however compare him to the ability to create an unquestioning following, who will only live to see their errors in retrospect.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by kegs]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

VERY funny Simulacra. Thanks. Almost as good as the one saying Bush is the Antichrist.

...I will add that I only find the humor funny, not the present political situation. The US breadbasket is about to run out of water threatening the country with starvation, several incurable debilitating diseases are epidemic, H5N1 bird flu is about to hit the nation for a triple whammy - and Bush appears to be implementing a "Depopulation Program" here and abroad.

Charming and ultimately, more than distressing.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You can selectively change the names and certain events for most Presidents to fit as "Hitler", at least in this poor attempt at satire. The gay marriage one really gets me - they couldn't get married under 42 other Presidents. All Hitlers. Every President that's gone to war (lets be honest with ourselves, this isn't the first time we started one *cough* JFK *cough* 'Nam), Hitlers. Jimmy Carter was very religious, Ron Reagan had James Watt and the other evangelicals...Hell, even Bill Clinton talked about praying and went to church. Hitlers!

The stuff people will gobble up and think is great....Gimme an effin break.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I understand that you are trying to make a point but it is very distasteful to make light of something as horrendous as Hitlers Germany

Okay so not Bush, perhaps more or less the people in a position that never move... Like CIA agents.. he's supposibly the leader of the free world.. although the freeworld conducts tasteless experiments, i.e. MK-ULTRA

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Bush is not Hitler.

I agree.

Hitler had a moustache and Bush does not.

Hitler was a decorated war hero and Bush is not.

Hitler was born in Austria and Bush was not.

Hitler was a great orator and Bush is not.

Hitler is dead and Bush is alive.

I think the point has been made. It's official G W Bush is Not Adolf Hitler. G W Bush is G W Bush.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
* Hitler slaughtered six million. George Bush only killed nine thousand or so in Iraq and many fewer in Afghanistan. Hardly a fair comparison.
* Hitler rounded up and killed homosexuals. George Bush only denies them the right to marry. Again, no comparison.
* Hitler rounded up and killed those with physical or mental infirmities. George Bush only cut their medical benefits. No comparison.
* Hitler invaded his neighbors and overthrew their governments. George Bush only invaded and overthrew the governments of two countries, and they were not neighbors. No comparison.
* Adolph Hitler believed in a "master race." George Bush believes in a master religion. No comparison.
* Adolph Hitler was an eloquent and persuasive madman. George Bush is neither eloquent nor persuasive. No comparison
* Adolph Hitler's government was in tight control of its citizens. George Bush has only limited our right to privacy, free speech, and access to lawyers.
* Adolph Hitler demonized Jews. George Bush only demonized Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein (with the leaders of Syria, Iran, and North Korea held in abeyance). No comparison.

unintentional deaths vs wholesale slaughters, slave laboring, expierementation, wiping whole towns out, etc....right, is this guy out of touch or what

right....clinton had a law similar to bushes ammendment idea, infact that amendment is based on and worded similar to clintons bill, is clinton like hitler too? or every president in the past who was more conservative than bush is today?

what was cut? i sure havent seen anything cut or in any worse shape than before bush, its always been crappy, im infirm, so i know its not any better or worse.

one country supported and housed al queda, legal and just war, iraq was hostile and we legally had been at war still since 91', you forget under clinton we had 2 minor iraqi wars, launched missles on targets in many countries, invaded haiti, bosnia, yugoslavia, etc, much more than under bush. hitler conquered defenseless peaceful nations, bush toppled suppressive dictatorships.

oh please, be has deep faith, how is this even relevant? hes christian and open about it, so was every president in our history, big freaking deal.

well isnt that nice, so?

not hardly.

hmm so now he justified the 2 wars he said were wrong in the 4th point? this contradicts the 4th point and then he basically goes on to say to do something in 3 more nations? what an idiot, countering his own words by saying this.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
OMG, you people are dense, it is a joke! GET OVER IT! I swear, you republicans are so dense, he tells you it is a joke and you still want to go on another crusade. He told you, it is a joke! Stop trying to send him to Gitmo like everyone else who makes fun of or doesn't act like a slave to King George.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I agree with James The Lesser here, This was a joke. Now the joke may be in bad taste, but so be it, its funny (to some people). Humor is a good thing every now and then. Not everything can be serious.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Bush is not Hitler.

I think the point has been made. It's official G W Bush is Not Adolf Hitler. G W Bush is G W Bush.

1. Whatever the problem, Bush is not responsible and whatever the allegation, it's not true, because:

a. The other guy started it;
b. He was given the wrong information;
c. He didnt know about it;
d. The trouble started before he even got there;
e. Everyone else does the same thing, especially Clinton;
f. He didnt make the mess so he shouldnt have to clean it up;
g. He wasnt there when it happened;
h. Actually, theres no problem and no mistakes were made;
i. What are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I recognized from the beginning this was a joke, or an attempt at one, by Similcra. Yet, the site that was used to obtain this material was making a serious attempt to compare the two. Once again, to compare any US president to Hitler is deplorable even in jest.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
By deciding that Prescott Bush and the other directors of the Union Banking Corp. were legally front men for the Nazis, the government avoided the more important historical issue: In what way were Hitler's Nazis themselves hired, armed and instructed by the New York and London clique of which Prescott Bush was an executive manager? Let us examine the Harriman-Bush Hitler project from the 1920s until it was partially broken up, to seek an answer for that question.

Hitler - A Harriman - Bush Project

Hitler was just a minion for the "Harriman-Bush Hitler project from the 1920s."

Yes Bush is no Hitler, he is from the family whose investments made Hitler into their willing puppet. Hitler was more like Saddam Hussein again, as a destructive puppet to merge the elite Pyramid. All wars have the capacity to do that. The problem of war is a matter of the same financial strategy as a Wall Street junk bond "hostile takeover." Unfortunately it is you and your kids who have to suck up the depleted Uranium.

In the end to answer your question, Bush is no Hitler, he is "above Hitler." Now make sure to keep that "abovetopsecret!"

George Bush : The Unauthorized Biography

P.S. Now the big question is whether all of the Bush family has an "on the road to Damascus," experience. Will there ever be a change of mind and heart? Stay tuned.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Sure people die in war because freedom is not free but if we never went into Iraq then you must be in favor of the rape rooms, childrens prisons, and 100,000 bodies in mass graves that were the norm under Saddam Hussein.
Homosexuals? Denies them the right to marry? Since when did they have the right to marry?
Hitler kills people with physical and mental defects and you attempt to compare healthcare to that! Man you have some gall.
Seriously you need to take a step back and really think about what you are saying.
Now you tell me in what minute way you can compare Bush to Hitler.

Snipped for space -

We are supposed to learn from history so we don't repeat it, not so we can do it with better technology and cover ups. America is supposed to be on the good side, so there should be no rape rooms, civilian casualties and invisible prisons.

Citizens have the right to marry and enjoy special benefits under the law. Single citizens don't get those benefits. Homosexuals are citizens, hence married homosexuals should get the same benefits. What?!? You mean it's against the law for homosexuals to get married?? Sounds like some citizens are being denied what other citizens are guaranteed under our laws. Kind of like black folk and women not being able to vote, and mixed race couples not being allowed to marry, not too long ago in america's past.

Lack of healthcare = genocide? Well considering how much taxpayer money goes to killing people for oil (i.e. the whole Iraq invasion) and that this country is supposedly technically and medically advanced, you'd think our standards of caring for our own people would be higher.

No, Bush isn't literally killing uninsured people, but by neglecting to use the resources available to care for the people he is supposed to watch out for, yeah, you could say he's killing people. Remember, time has passed since Hitler, books have been written, the nazi regime analyzed. We're supposed to have learned from that mess so we can do better, not so we can repeat it in a less obvious way.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am glad to see somebody bring up prescott bush in this thread, you might also want to look into the Walker family as well, bush's other side fo the fence who have had some interesting skeleton's in their closet as well. We have been under the Bush regime longer than most folks think we have, Reagan was figure head for the prototypes of PNAC, and even before Reagan, King George Sr. was Mr. Nice guy head of the CIA during the Vietnam era, they didn't call him 'poppy' Bush for nothing you know...
Even Bill Clinton has some interesting ties to the Bush Family, look into Barry Seal, and the drug ring that was running Iran Contra Coke through AK in the Iran contra Era.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No, i judge now based on what he has done so far so that i might fight against him becoming another hitler.

Originally posted by Psychoses
But you have to consider the fact that Hitler's reign of terror is over.

George Bush's reign of terror has 4 more years to run. Maybe we should wait until we see what else he is going to do before we make our final judgements.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
PistolPete
The gay marriage one really gets me - they couldn't get married under 42 other Presidents. All Hitlers. Every President that's gone to war (lets be honest with ourselves, this isn't the first time we started one *cough* JFK *cough* 'Nam), Hitlers. Jimmy Carter was very religious, Ron Reagan had James Watt and the other evangelicals...Hell, even Bill Clinton talked about praying and went to church.

A reply to the above could be:

1) I'm not gay, so this will not effect me much one way or the other. BUT, what really ticks me off is that Dubya supports a Constitutional Amendment forbidding gay marriage. He can believe in whatever he likes, but a Constitutional Amendment is NOT an appropriate place to put this. At least past Presidents had the smarts to realize this.

2) Many Presidents may have gone to war, but I'm not aware of another one that pre-emptively struck a sovereign nation that was in no way, shape or form an immiment threat to our security. As far as JFK is concerned, he seems to get the blame for Vietnam a lot, but it was started years before JFK became President. He simply inherited it.

3) Other Presidents have had religious beliefs, and made it public knowledge. However, other Presidents had the intelligence to seperate it from their political life. I can't recall a single one that ever stated that he was on a mission from God, or that what he did was God's will. Big difference. If I wanted God for President, I would have voted for God.

Nothing personal, PistolPete, I just see it differently.

And as far as the comparison between George Dubya and Hitler goes, let's get real. George is no Hitler! Hitler was much smarter than George. In all fairness, he's more of a Saddam Hussein or Milosevic, but definitely no Hitler.

[edit on 11/12/2004 by netbound]

[edit on 11/12/2004 by netbound]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acecool79
No, i judge now based on what he has done so far so that i might fight against him becoming another hitler.

George Bush's reign of terror has 4 more years to run. Maybe we should wait until we see what else he is going to do before we make our final judgements.

Well if you have judged him what conclusion did you come to?

Just how do you intend to fight against Bush, challenge him to an arm wrestling match?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Maybe we should wait until we see what else he is going to do before we make our final judgements.

Not to be mean, but I think you totally and completely in every way possible missed my point

Yes... in order to understand the original post it would be necessary to toggle your 'sarcasm translator' switch to the 'on position' ...btw good post

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acecool79

Well if you have judged him what conclusion did you come to?

Just how do you intend to fight against Bush, challenge him to an arm wrestling match?

My conclusion is that he intends to distroy the world.

If i could get him to accept, i would challenge him to an arm wrestling match. If i win he has to make my bed, and issue my executive orders for an entire week.

I thought about getting enough people to march into the white house, lift the president out of his chair and set him on the ground outside of 1600 penn, and telling him stop it.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Your right, he isn't adolf hitler yet. Neither was adolf hitler until after he was gone. then again we are interning people and kicking them out of the country. Actually i think thier where other presidents that had more of an impact on genocide that george bush.

I think the real point was to say that so far george bush is hitler light. Kinda like a watered down version.

Originally posted by Cebu

Ok guys lets be honest. Comparing George Bush and Adolf Hitler is an unfair comparision. All across the web we see pics like the following sprouting up. George Bush should not be compared to Adolf Hitler and here is why:

Pretty obvious some of you didn't read the whole post.
Simulacra is stating that's it's an unfair comparision. And I agree.

Cebu

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join