It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush is no Adolf Hitler, and here is why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ok guys lets be honest. Comparing George Bush and Adolf Hitler is an unfair comparision. All across the web we see pics like the following sprouting up. George Bush should not be compared to Adolf Hitler and here is why:

www.thousandreasons.org...

* Hitler slaughtered six million. George Bush only killed nine thousand or so in Iraq and many fewer in Afghanistan. Hardly a fair comparison.
    * Hitler rounded up and killed homosexuals. George Bush only denies them the right to marry. Again, no comparison.
    * Hitler rounded up and killed those with physical or mental infirmities. George Bush only cut their medical benefits. No comparison.
    * Hitler invaded his neighbors and overthrew their governments. George Bush only invaded and overthrew the governments of two countries, and they were not neighbors. No comparison.
    * Adolph Hitler believed in a "master race." George Bush believes in a master religion. No comparison.
    * Adolph Hitler was an eloquent and persuasive madman. George Bush is neither eloquent nor persuasive. No comparison
    * Adolph Hitler's government was in tight control of its citizens. George Bush has only limited our right to privacy, free speech, and access to lawyers.
    * Adolph Hitler demonized Jews. George Bush only demonized Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein (with the leaders of Syria, Iran, and North Korea held in abeyance). No comparison.

So as you can see, this is clearly unfair, we should stop comparing Hitler to Bush. It's wrong!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
But you have to consider the fact that Hitler's reign of terror is over.

George Bush's reign of terror has 4 more years to run. Maybe we should wait until we see what else he is going to do before we make our final judgements.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
Maybe we should wait until we see what else he is going to do before we make our final judgements.

Not to be mean, but I think you totally and completely in every way possible missed my point

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
according to the qoute I guess you can call him "Diet Hitler"

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse
according to the qoute I guess you can call him "Diet Hitler"

I have no idea what this means. The only thing I know how to say in german is 'skinny'.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Simulacra your are so funny, with your threads keep them coming they are refreshing.

You remind me ECK in your post he has not been around lately.

But I am glad you are here with us.

And for Mr. Bush, he can not be compared to Hitler but we still have 4 more years to find out.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That wouldn't be "Diet Hitler", in proper marketing jargon he would be called "Hitler Lite", as in fewer calories. Oh yes the original quote forgot one thing. Hilter ran out of oil and lost his war. Bush is going to war to take the oil.

My compliments on a good round of sarcasm!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Simulacra,

This is a nauseating attempt at humor. To compare a US president to Hitler, especially in this sarcastic manner, is appalling.

As for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan compared to Hitler�s genocide as you say there is no comparison. President Bush has liberated Afghanistan from the oppressive Taliban and implemented a new democracy and Iraq as well is on it�s way to becoming a new democracy. Sure people die in war because freedom is not free but if we never went into Iraq then you must be in favor of the rape rooms, children�s prisons, and 100,000 bodies in mass graves that were the norm under Saddam Hussein.

Homosexuals? Denies them the right to marry? Since when did they have the right to marry? In case you didn�t know they never have had the right to marry. Also Bush has passed absolutely no legislation concerning this matter but the people of 11 states have outlawed it, I suppose the people don�t understand they are denying homosexuals a right do they?

Hitler kills people with physical and mental defects and you attempt to compare healthcare to that! Man you have some gall.

Seriously you need to take a step back and really think about what you are saying. Hitler murdered millions for no reason in concentration camps. Hitler passed a law allowing for forced sterilization of those found by a Hereditary Health Court to have genetic defects. Jews were striped of their right to own land. Hitler passeed a Law against Habitual and Dangerous Criminals, which allows beggars, the homeless, alcoholics and the unemployed to be sent to concentration camps. Jews were totally striped of their health care. Hitler passed a law allowing forced abortions on women to prevent them from passing on hereditary diseases. The Nuremberg Race Laws of 1935 deprived German Jews of their rights of citizenship, giving them the status of "subjects" in Hitler's Reich. The laws also made it forbidden for Jews to marry or have sexual relations with Aryans or to employ young Aryan women as household help.

Now you tell me in what minute way you can compare Bush to Hitler.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Simulacra,
This is a nauseating attempt at humor. To compare a US president to Hitler, especially in this sarcastic manner, is appalling...
...Now you tell me in what minute way you can compare Bush to Hitler.

I'm just quoting from a site. Easy BlackJackal. Maybe you should take it up with the site owners. Don't kill the messenger, remember?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I understand that you are trying to make a point but it is very distasteful to make light of something as horrendous as Hitlers Germany

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I understand that you are trying to make a point but it is very distasteful to make light of something as horrendous as Hitlers Germany

I think you have that equation a little backwards. I'm making light of Bushs horrendous rule. If you think this thread was meant to glorify Hitlers regime, then you should re-read the initial post.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Like I said I understand your intent but by using Hitler as your comparrison you are making light of the true attrocities performed by Hitler. Comparing the war in Iraq to the murder of six million jews is what I call appalling because in effect you are saying that exactly what Bush is doing now was just as bad as what Hitler did then.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Bah.. let it go BlackJackel,

No sense in arguing with the man, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Bah.. let it go BlackJackel,
No sense in arguing with the man, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

What exactly don't I know? Maybe you can 'clue' me in.

Do you have even a clue what this thread is about or did you just read the last post and wanted to agree with someone so you can get a couple of points?

[edit on 11/11/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Comparing the war in Iraq to the murder of six million jews is what I call appalling because in effect you are saying that exactly what Bush is doing now was just as bad as what Hitler did then.

No, its more like "Hitler lite" to use the right marketing jargong.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Ok guys lets be honest. Comparing George Bush and Adolf Hitler is an unfair comparision. All across the web we see pics like the following sprouting up. George Bush should not be compared to Adolf Hitler and here is why:

Pretty obvious some of you didn't read the whole post.
Simulacra is stating that's it's an unfair comparision. And I agree.

Cebu

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cebu
Pretty obvious some of you didn't read the whole post.
Simulacra is stating that's it's an unfair comparision. And I agree.

Cebu

The purpose of this post is that Bush is actually like Hitler through the use of sarcasm. If you visit the website Simulacra referenced you would see that in actuality this is a blatant attempt to relegate Bush to the same level as Hitler

taken from www.thousandreasons.org
The internet is littered with pictures of George Bush with a swastika on his chest, a drawn-on mustache, and his arm raised in the Nazi salute. It is therefore no surprise that someone would choose this theme for their video. But why? Has George Bush done anything to justify the comparison? Consider these points:

And also consider Simulacra's sarcastic remark in the opening post

Originally Posted by Simulacra
So as you can see, this is clearly unfair, we should stop comparing Hitler to Bush. It's wrong!

Again, this post and its premise are totally reprehensible. To compare any US president, be it Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, or any of the others to Hitler is distressing.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

To compare any US president, be it Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, or any of the others to Hitler is distressing.

I'm just curious. What would happen if you did have a president like Hitler? Would it still be just "distressing?"

("distressing" sounds like you're an eighteenth century wifey waiting at widows peak btw)

Oh, my hanky!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, what is so wrong about this post? I think is funny, and at least we are not comparing him to the antichrist.

That term can be apply to Mr.Bush too, you know.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
I'm just curious. What would happen if you did have a president like Hitler? Would it still be just "distressing?"

("distressing" sounds like you're an eighteenth century wifey waiting at widows peak btw)

Oh, my hanky!

Kegs,

If we did have a president like Hitler we would all know it. In Germany the germans knew it and as with any good dictator he received 90% of the vote because people were afraid to vote against him. Here in America our president won by a margin of 51%-48% and that tells me that we have a strong democracy in which our people are free to speech their minds, contrary to what many people think.

Also I do find it 'distressing' that anyone living in this day and age find it appropriate to compare a sitting president to one of the most vile individuals to walk the face of the earth.

Lastly if the best you can do is critisize my choice in words then you need not reply.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join