It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were These Really Used To Take Over 4 Plane's ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

I've actually been stabbed or slashed a few times with knives and they were actually pretty impressive. I wasn't scared and I was able to disable my attacker. It was a real knife even. Not some utility knife.

You are giving me a bad impression of your knowledge.
A utility knife is very sharp.

You may have been stabbed or slashed but have you ever had one put to the left side of your throat from behind while seated and strapped in?

I've never heard of people claiming they could get out of a situation like this before.
Madness.
Let me ask you something:
Would you pop your seatbelt before or after he slits your throat?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Box Cutter

Easy as hell to seriously injure or kill someone with these...they have been used in criminal actions for years.

A utility knife from Granger can be the quickest way to help cut thru drywall, cardboard, fiberglass insulation, linoleum flooring and roofing tiles.

So its harder to cut through skin then linoleum or roofing tiles?

Lets put it this way, if you are ever in a bad situation and all you got is one of these on you then you can still do some damage and would not be considered defenseless....

It would also count as assault with a deadly weapon.

and finally this little gem of a story....
Women used box cutter against 3 police officers

Police in Birmingham say a woman used a box cutter to slash three officers who were trying to serve her with a warrant.

Authorities say the three were trying to serve the warrant Wednesday afternoon. Police say one officer was hospitalized and two others were treated at the scene.

edit on 22-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by Zaphod58

that sure is a lot of "what if's"...

to happen four separate times.. at relatively at the same time..

"if" that line of guess work makes you feel better..

i can already see you have not

taken all things into consideration..

Considering that the individual planes weren't in contact with each other and had no idea this was also occurring on 3 other flights apart from there's it is highly likely that if it happened on one plane then it is just as likely of happening on the other 3. So how is this occurring simultaneously and without communication between the multiple planes unlikely? It's not like the 4 plane hijackings occurred days apart and the people on the follow up hijackings had knowledge of the previous ones.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Except the pilots weren't "unbuckled on autopilot". They were still strapped into their seats at the time.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I've been in many cockpits, and I've been strapped into those seats. I know just how hard it is to get in and out of them. Even with the belts undone, you're going to have a very hard time getting up and turned around before someone cuts you. It's not "what ifs" it's simple fact.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
tania head the woman who was not there on 9-11 the story of deception she was in spain at the time .
getting a award from somebody and it is documented on film .

as spain is 1 hr ahead of the u.k the earliest it could be is 3pm there that the first plane hit so why is it that they say it was just after midday there or sphotas story from spain on page 6 of my personal story 10 years on at 1pm in spain ???????????? riddle me that one a.t.s

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Everyone is a hero until someone's throat is slashed.

The premise of the "did they really use boxcutters" argument is that the hijackers simply said "we're hijacking the plane and look, we've got these..." and everyone cowered in fear and gave in.

But...

These were people who intent on being on a one way ride, so I would imagine they made a point - maybe a couple of them as they were taking over the plane. Slash a throat and watch bravado fade away. When people see blood in large quantities, the world changes.

Also, you can't move quickly on a plane. Grab someone, take them to the front so everyone can see and bingo... you have a captive audience that can only "rush" you down an aisle that is only usually wide enough for two people, and if that isle is blocked by something or someone then the chances are the hostage is going to be dead as soon as someone moves. Going over the seats is slow and actually not easy at all.

I'm just amazed that I'm having to explain how this was more than possible, 12 years after the event. Don't people think things through?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

as spain is 1 hr ahead of the u.k the earliest it could be is 3pm there that the first plane hit so why is it that they say it was just after midday there or sphotas story from spain on page 6 of my personal story 10 years on at 1pm in spain ???????????? riddle me that one a.t.s

Have you been out of the US?
Business close for lunch. I mean lock the doors. I mean NO GASOLINE. I almost ran out of gas on my trip through France last year because I forgot about their custom.

Read this

Shops are usually open from 9:00 am to 1:30 or 2 pm, then from 4:30 or 5 pm until 8 pm, Monday through Friday, and Saturday morning

and

Banks are open from 9 to 2, then by law, they can choose either to open one afternoon a week, or on Saturday morning.

Guess what they consider to be midday?

Many businesses close for the entire month of August in France for vacation.

Don't base the world on your limited assumptions.
edit on 22-8-2013 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

my limited assumptions
did you even read sphota's story or watch the film about tania head

i live in the u.k

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

my limited assumptions did you even read sphota's story or watch the film about tania head .

i live in the u.k

Then you should be ashamed of yourself for questioning the midday statements. There is no question as to her meaning.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by geobro

my limited assumptions did you even read sphota's story or watch the film about tania head .

i live in the u.k

Then you should be ashamed of yourself for questioning the midday statements. There is no question as to her meaning.
why when i saw it on t.v at 11.20 am in the u,k nothing to see move along eh

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Listen..

the government named names of the supposed hijackers..

7 of the 19 were proven to still be alive..

you do not even know for sure if any hijacker was on the plane

in the first place..

your government already planned & approved an attack just like this one..

Operation Northwoods

you can not even say for a fact any of the accused could fly such a plane..

but you can say they were people trained by the CIA.. brought into the USA on a fast tracked visa and showed no signs of being devot muslims at all. attending strip joints & doing coke.

Able Danger

the flights performed extraordinary precision moves under extreme duress that not many humans could execute..

so you go on believing some made up story..

you go on disrespecting the servicemen who were pilots that day..

let me guess, probably believe it was Bin Laden behind these imaginary hijackers, which your FBI never listed as wanted in connection with these attacks as your government blamed him and started unconstitutional wars..

attacked Iraq which had no WMD's..

and guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan.. yeah that's good to keep America safe..

not to mention take away the liberties of the People here for a threat that's based on a impossible phone call from a plane by guys you don't even know existed..

we dont know who.

we have an idea of what.

we all know when.

we all know where.

and the last decade has proved the WHY. oil, drugs, destruction of our Constitution.

fake al CIAda did not destroy your country or plant bombs in the towers..

people inside your government destroyed your country..

remember the first bombing in '93?

and you still have the nerve to defend a scenario based on nothing but speculation..

their speculation.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Never said it wasnt sharp, just that it wasnt big. Sharp yes, but 1 inch boxcutter, and 3-4 inch serated blade on those nice quality old fashioned butterknives. Just using it to make a point. Not many people would freeze up and be terrified over it.

If i was in the pilot seat and felt one against me, again, different story.

However, as another poster said (and back to original question in thread) there is very little evidence suggesting that these were used to hijack the planes.

Also, coordinating these attacks simultaneously, without communication, and piloting the planes with such accuracy seems a bit too far fetched...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There is a story that relates how these people were smart enough to take over 4 planes with at least one type of weapon, a boxcutter...but were dumb enough to keep the reciepts of thier purchase for when thier apartments were raided...

Å99

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

and you still have the nerve to defend a scenario based on nothing but speculation..

their speculation.

Your photo is a fake.

When this photo first showed up a few years ago I had never seen it before, so out of curiosity I did a reverse image search. What I found was the image was displayed on two truther sites, and a similar image, minus the mural, was found on an Ebay add for a truck being sold in Antioch Ill.

As you can see the mural has been photo shopped in. The date of placement of the ad predated the truthers photos.

The owners of the trucks phone number can be seen in the ad, if you would like to call them and confirm anything.

The photo is a fake.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
According to reports, they used a lot more than box cutters. Reports from some of the passengers stated the hijackers claimed they had bombs on board, which would be enough to quiet any resistance. It doesn't matter that there were no bombs on board, only that the passengers believe this ploy. That's all they needed.

Zaphod is completely spot on with his assessment. Everyone here is using post-2001 minds, forgetting that the world pre 9/11 was a very different place with a very different mindset. In the years before the attack, planes had always been hijacked and landed somewhere, demands and threats were then made. There had never been a case in history where a plane of civilian people had been used as a suicide missile. After examining the black boxes, we know that the terrorists had indeed told people that they "had a bomb, their demands were being met, and they were going to land at an airport". On September 11th, 2001, passengers had no reason to believe otherwise until it was too late. After all, planes had been hijacked in the past, and the same scenario played out. If they shut up, kept quiet, let the idiots land the plane, do their negotiations, they would be released sooner or later. That's how the hijacking scenario had played out in the past. This didn't seem any different, until they were probably seconds away from their targets, and by then, it was too late to do anything.

Like Zaphod said, I don't care if you are Chuck Norris. If a crazy jihadi tells you he's got a bomb on board and will detonate it if you don't do what you are told, then you are going to sit down and STFU and hope the hostage negotiators can get you out alive.

Obviously, the victims of 9/11 never realized their captors had no intention of landing a plane or anyone leaving alive. Except the 4th plane, but that's because the passengers got wind of the fates of at least 2 other planes, and realized no matter what, they were all likely going to die. So by that point, all bets were off.

And those who claim you can't use a cell phone on a plane have no clue what they are talking about. Plus, they forget that airphones had been in use for a decade prior, and those were designed to be used on planes. I remember when I was flying out to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for basic training, in 1992, I had my first encounter with an air phone. I used it to call my mom on the way there. From about 33,000 feet in the air. And guess what. The call went through, no problems. Imagine that. In 1992. Cell towers aren't the only medium through which calls are carried. Remember all those satellites floating around in space? They do more than take pretty pictures.

So in 2001, there is no doubt in my mind that passengers called home, or friends, or co workers. In fact, a number of calls were specifically stated to have been made from airphones, which were located on the backs of everyone's seat.

So yes, under the conditions and awareness of the world before 9/11 happened, people could have reasonably took over a plane with a butter knife or pencil lead. A box cutter is no great stretch here. All they had to do was tell people there was a bomb on board. Something that was known to happen in the past at that time.

It is unlikely they would be able to pull it off today, however. 9/11 changed everything.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Ok, i have a question then. This might sound crazy, but last i heard regarding the black boxes on board the planes, i heard they were never found. Now i have a lot of spare time, and do research on tons of different subjects, so if they were found (even if they were found and reviewed years ago) its very possible that that flew completely under my radar. Did they find em?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Not the only thing that's 'off'

Oh well played and ya beat me to it!

nice avatar btw.

Many Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dothedew

The black boxes for Flight 77 and Flight 93 were recovered, although the cockpit voice recorder from Flight 77 was too badly damaged to be of use.

The black boxes from Flights 11 and 175 were officially never recovered, according to the 9/11 comission report, however, there are other unconfirmed reports from NTSB officials and ground zero rescue workers that state the FBI did indeed recover the ones from the WTC. One of the rescue workers said he even helped the FBI agents find them. For some unknown reason, however, this was never included in the 9/11 Official report.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dothedew

However, as another poster said (and back to original question in thread) there is very little evidence suggesting that these were used to hijack the planes.

Except that Barbra Olson called her husband and said they used box cutters.

Olson reported that his wife had “called him twice on a cell phone from American Airlines Flight 77,” saying that “all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers. The only weapons she mentioned were knives and cardboard cutters.”2

Plus the FBI found reciepts for the boxcutters.

Also, coordinating these attacks simultaneously, without communication, and piloting the planes with such accuracy seems a bit too far fetched...

You forget that several of the hijackers had flight training on these planes.
It's a simple matter to spin the auto pilot settings to get to the city.
Once in the vicinity it's not hard to aim for the tallest buildings.

Why do we have to go over the exact same conspiracy claims every 6 weeks????
It's like a new crop of believers sprouts in 45 day cycles.
edit on 23-8-2013 by samkent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join