Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Were These Really Used To Take Over 4 Plane's ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So the other day at work I was looking at a "box cutter", it is the smallest knife with very little blade.
Something seems off that 4 planes were hijacked and taken over with this tiny cutting tool.

"Box Cutter"
edit on 22-8-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not the only thing that's 'off'

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Not the only thing that's 'off'

Oh well played and ya beat me to it!

nice avatar btw.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

dont forget some of the pilots were combat seasoned veterans ...

with medals for valor, purple heart, etc..

but still supposedly gave up their planes without a fight..

against these mighty weapons..

just another thing that's "off"..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You are thinking with a 2013 brain.
Not a 2001 mindset.

Before 2001 hijackings were about money or prisioner release.
Not using the plane as a cruise missile.

If each of those planes passengers knew they were to sacrificed, none of the planes would have made it to their targets.

Even today if someone held a boxcutter to your mothers throat you would hand over your wallet.
Even today carjackings happen with simple knives or less.
Even today banks are robbed with knives or simple threats.

What's off is your assumptions.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

And if you're strapped to a seat, the way they were, and someone comes up behind you and puts a knife blade to your neck, you're going to do what? Somehow undo your belts, get them off your shoulders and lap, jump out of an incredibly cramped seat, avoiding the control stick, spin around, and disarm them?

I don't care if you're Chuck Norris, if you're in that position, there isn't a damn thing you can do.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Even with the 2001 mindset, very few people would not try to fight back if faces with a box cutter... Given the size of the actual blade, that would be the equivalent of someone threatening to stab me with a butterknife.

They wanted a story, so they figured a boxcutter could technically cause moderate damage, and be smuggled onto a plane. Boom: theres the official story.

Still though, i can disarm someone of a handgun from several feet away and remove the slide and clip in seconds, and im only 24 with NO military background. Boxcutter? No problem. Not for me, not for most people.... (At least the ones that have a problem with someone holding them hostage with one...)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dothedew

Have you ever been in a plane cockpit? At the point that they were hijacked the pilots were still strapped into their seats with a four point harness. They had two harnesses over their shoulders, and across their laps. The seats are set up where the control yoke is where you have to almost climb on the seat to get your feet down to the rudder pedals. You're NOT fighting back if someone sticks a knife to your throat.

As for passengers, until 9/11 they did what the crew told them to do. If the crew told them to remain calm and do nothing, then they were going to, and they were going to trust the crew to get them out of the situation safely through negotiations or however they could.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

If each of those planes passengers knew they were to sacrificed, none of the planes would have made it to their targets.

Well in the OS that did happen with one plane, so we are told, but given the crash site, perhaps that too is propaganda.

Let's Roll !

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dothedew

Bravado. Nothing more.

Remember the repost from the plane that a flight attendant had been cut/killed?
If you were the pilot you could not risk other passenger deaths because you wanted to be macho.
All you knew was it was a hijacking for money.

If you were the pilot sitting in your seat and the blade was already at your throat you know you will be cut. You just don't know if it will be fatal.

Also I don't believe you when you say you could disarm someone with a gun pointed at you.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

that sure is a lot of "what if's"...

to happen four separate times.. at relatively at the same time..

"if" that line of guess work makes you feel better..

i can already see you have not

taken all things into consideration..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

that sure is a lot of "what if's"...

to happen four separate times.. at relatively at the same time..

What do you mean 'what if's'?

Yes it happened 4 times.
It could have happened 100 times that day.

Look at this page and tell me what anyone could do with a knife to their throat.
You might as well be strapped into an electric chair. You are helpless.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

your still in the realm of guess work..

there are no facts to support this theory

over a decade later..

all things taken into consideration..

the idea is outrageous.

you want to take the idea of someone storming the cockpit and look at it through a microscope..

without putting the known facts into it...

the "what if's" for this theory to work

far outweigh the facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Ok, so im strapped into the pilot seat, and someone comes up from behind me. Yes, that would be a different story, but it also leaves a few more questions. People walking up to the cabin. Theres cabin doors, lots of people on the way to said doors, an air marshal trained to spot suspicious individuals, etc. Theres a hundred different factors that come into play.

And to the last bit, yes and no. Yes, in regards to the average person. Move in the right way, depending on their dominate hand, and its do-able. Someone with training, such as military, police, even someone with martial arts or equivalent hand to hand practice...... Thats where that idea would backfire..... literally

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The doors were not always locked back then.
How long would it take to go from waiting for the toilet to inside the cockpit?
Far faster than an air marshall could get to you.
PS there were far fewer marshalls back then.

Many on here forget that the mantra was not to fight the agressor back then. Just let the people in charge take care of things.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think samkent watches too many movies. A box cutter to the throat means nothing. IT COULD if you really wanted to get dead. Last I checked, I have never met a suicidal pilot. Plenty of testosterone and lots of adrenaline. If the pilot was wimpy enough to take a wimpy knife to the throat while unbuckled on autopilot and be like "whoa dude!! your not spose to take over a plane... OK I guess you have a boxcutter... where do you need me to crash this plane into. I still get to live RIGHT?"

I've actually been stabbed or slashed a few times with knives and they were actually pretty impressive. I wasn't scared and I was able to disable my attacker. It was a real knife even. Not some utility knife.

I'm no pilot nor am I ex-military. I can still take that knife from your hand. But, if someone attacks or even threatens, I guess you need to give up right away.

If these pilots were the cream of the milquetoast you so proclaim, they were essentially defeated in mind, body, and soul, by people who were better trained, and more importantly, better influenced by their god. In order to simply murder 4000 people, of a country of roughly 333 Million people. I really hope you don't buy into what you attempt to sell.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's too bad there were no 9/11 truthers on board those planes. I'm sure you guys would have just kicked those terrorists up and down the center aisle before securing them with duct tape.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
reply to post by samkent

Even with the 2001 mindset, very few people would not try to fight back if faces with a box cutter... Given the size of the actual blade, that would be the equivalent of someone threatening to stab me with a butterknife.

That may be one of the most uninformed things anyone has ever said. I stop short of dumbest thing. Killing a man with a box cutter would take absolutely no effort. It's a razor blade attached to a handle, dude! If you don't believe me, go get a butter knife and a box cutter. First try really hard to cut yourself with the butter knife. Then use the box cutter. I don't recommend using the same force...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
So the other day at work I was looking at a "box cutter", it is the smallest knife with very little blade.
Something seems off that 4 planes were hijacked and taken over with this tiny cutting tool.

"Box Cutter"
edit on 22-8-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

Who survived the plane crashes and verified the hijackers had box cutters?
The only reference I have heard was from a phone call which the FBI said did not happen. Even this was relayed by a man who had a high level position to protect by going along with whatever the OS regardless how it sounded to sane people.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I am glad someone said it, those things aren't dull by any means, hence why they have that nice little safety cover on them....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join